The fireplace creates a unique atmosphere in the room. Recently, he began to perform not only heating, but also a decorative function. In modern houses, fireplaces with glass are most often installed. They look stylish and allow you to admire fire safe, creating a damper from sparks and flow of oxygen.
Camin Points are made of heat-resistant materials: heat-resistant glass and metal frame. The most recent models are fully made of glass. Due to this, you can admire fire from all sides of the fireplace and install it in the room center. Main requirements for it – compliance with the necessary safety standards and functionality. Glass doors perform a number of functions.
Consider the main parameters.
- Safety observation of fire (transparent damper reliably protects the room from departing sparks and coals).
- Blocking the spread of the smell, which is allocated as a result of fuel combustion (contributes to the execution of this function, the built-in glass blowing system from the inside).
- Isolation of noise from fuel burning (this feature is relevant in rooms where you need to observe silence, for example, in the bedroom).
- Increased heat recovery (due to the open door, the traction becomes stronger, the amount of heat increases).
Advantages and disadvantages
The scheme of work of fireplaces with glass has advantages and disadvantages. Consider positive qualities.
- Economy and compactness. A small firebox is capable of providing sufficient heating, spending the minimum amount of fuel.
- Ecology. In the system of the glass fireplace is provided for the burning of firewood, as well as the re-burning of unspecified fuel. Allocation of toxic gas minimum.
- Small dimensions of the heating device, which does not affect the quality of cold protection.
- Simple operation. No need to enjoy special knowledge and skills to use glass fireplace (the system is simplified as much as possible).
- Beautiful appearance. Such a fireplace looks spectacular in any interior.
Fireplaces with glass have cons.
- Glass Fireplace – Dear Design. To equip and connect it, additional costs will be required.
- It is necessary to constant glass care that can be covered with a layer of dust or soot. However, many modern models are equipped with glass blowing system from the inside, which does not allow to accumulate and settle so.
Types of designs
Fireplace can be made from different materials in different design. Glass door can have additional decorations. The main thing is that it meets its basic functions. Its standard design includes a metal frame and double-glazed. For their compounds use special loops and a hermetic seal.
As an additional elements, the shutter mechanism is used, handle, ventilation holes for access of oxygen and curtains that control its receipt. The door may differ in size. It depends on the whole frame. The maximum width is 20 cm, the minimum is 15 cm, the height may vary from 80 to 120 cm. The opening mechanism can be lifting or sliding.
Refractory glass can be installed on a wood fireplace. In the process of its installation, all security measures must be observed. However, during the work of such a design on the glasses, soot and ashes will constantly form, so such a design is quite rare.
Glass fireplace can have three varieties:
- with thickened doors (3 glasses);
- with flat doors (1 glass);
- Circular (glass surrounds the structure from all sides, which allows you to install it in the center of the room).
Combined models are found, for example, a cast-iron fireplace with heat-resistant glass. The stove can be supplemented with forging or casting, glass can be toned, lamination, stained glass window or mosaic. Glass fireplace can work on different fuel. Depending on this, two types of construction distinguish: gas and biocamine.
Gas (propane-butane) use gas (propane-butane). It is arranged in such a way that only ceramic imitation of charred firewood is visible in surrounding the fuel capacity. Turns on and off such a fireplace remotely. Using a special console, you can control the strength of the flame. Due to plant origin during burning, the fuel does not secrete harmful substances into the air, which allows you to install such a design in any rooms. Hood in this case will not need. Biocamine can be three species, consider the nuances of each.
For this model you need to provide a niche in the wall. There is no difference, it is carrier or not. The weight of such a fireplace is small, its frame does not be punished, so the fire is excluded. A separate subspecies stand out attachments. They can only be installed on the bearing wall.
It can be mounted in the floor or it can be a figurative design. Stationary model set in niche. The second option can be transferred as needed. It can be used, for example, for separating the room to separate functional zones.
The category includes small fireplaces that can be transferred from place to place. Such a fireplace produces enough heat and light so that you can read the book or warm up. It is suitable for any interior.
Types of glass
Currently, glass fireplaces are quite popular. Only doors can be made of glass or almost the whole design. Glass must be refractory, performing those functions that previously performed steel. Home Of these – Protection of the room from fire.
Thermorable for furnaces has advanced features. This effect is achieved by heating the material to high temperatures, and then its sharp cooling. Calen glass is very strong, has the name “Stalinit”
Strained glassmaybe different species depending on its features.
We note the main.
- Thermal expansion when heated. When contact with high temperature, it expands 30 times smaller than other types of glasses. Expansion indicators may vary.
- Glass should be heat-resistant withstanding high temperature. The heat resistance indicators range from 500 to 1000 degrees with depending on the fireplace model.
- For furnaces should be used glass of a certain thickness (from 4 mm). For heavier and large ovens used thicker glass.
Matters and durability. This indicator is determined by the temperature that is supported in the focus. With 500, the service life of the tempered glass can be several thousand hours, at 700 degrees C – no more than 100 hours. To increase the number of hours, the hearth cannot be overloaded with firewood, it is necessary to create conditions for the maximum possible thrust. In addition, the heat-resistant glass has several varieties.
Such a protective glass when breaking will not crumble into small fragments, and hangs on the film. This makes it particularly safe when operating and relevant in homes with young children.
Through the doors with such a thermo station more pleasant to look at the fire, he does not annoy his eyes, it looks expensive and suits almost any interior.
It performs exclusively decorative function. Fireplace with colored glasses looks original, able to make the interior interesting and memorable. Especially beautiful looks in design with panoramic glazing. In addition to the color glass can have relief.
This glass does not accumulate soot and soot. This newest development involves the coating of glass from the inside with a special substance (metal oxide). Due to this soak burns without a trace.
Glass fireplaces in the interior often pursue exclusively decorative goal. They do not have chimels, do not emit smoke, so suitable for installation in any room. The design of the fireplace directly depends on the room in which it will be installed, as well as the style and availability of free space. Usually it is chosen to add directions of high-tech, grunge, loft. A glass fireplace is considered a neutral object, it will equally look good in the room of any style.
The fireplace can be equipped with additional decorations: forging, carvings. Glasses can have different color and relief. Usually, a glass fireplace is made in the form of a geometric shape. It happens simple (square, rectangular) or complex (multifaceted). At the same time, the glass fireplace can be completely transparent from one, two, three or four sides. A very popular round model with panoramic glazing.
One of the original solutions is a fireplace table. Use it as a dining table with a fire hole in the middle. From all sides of the furnace is fenced with glass. The focus can be covered on top with a special cover: the fire will burn inside the design.
Recently, it becomes popular to install glass doors on the stoves of the bath. Due to this, smoke does not go to the room, and heating takes less time. The fireplace can be a big or mini-option that can be installed on the floor or table if necessary. Original solution – a lead from a large focus of a whole wall. It looks especially spectacular.
Operating and Care Tips
Glass fireplace does not require care effort. The modern design of bio-models is equipped with a combustion system of all fuel without a residue. Enough time to wipe off the dust from the surface. Gas fireplaces or wood-haired glass doors will require more care. Main problem when operating – wash soot and soot.
It is formed for several reasons.
- If the fireplace is gas, the reason may be in the incorrect amount of fuel relative to the incoming air. It is necessary to check whether the burner was not clogged, the right positions are gyps (gas supply holes).
- If the model works on propane-butane, gas supply can be broken in relation to air, gas itself can be low quality. It is necessary to make sure in the health of the jaws, burners, fuel tank and, if necessary, to replace them.
- If you need to install glass doors on a wood fireplace, a sleeot cannot be avoided. To reduce this to a minimum, you need to keep the valves open, regularly clean the discharge pipe. As a fuel, it is better not to use coniferous firewood: in the process of its burning, a large amount of soot is formed, the presence of a resin makes it difficult to clean the glasses.
Cleaning the glass screen will not require great effort. To do this, you can take advantage of special means for washing glass fireplaces. Stores offer a wide range of diverse products. Most often it is released in the form of sprays or pastes that are applied to the glass, and then cleaned with a sponge. Later pure glass polished with a dry cloth.
If you need to clean the fireplace, but there is no possibility to buy a tool in the store, you can use ash. It needs to wet, then with the help of the newspaper to treat it contaminated sash, after which we wash off with water. You can make a special fluid for cleaning in your own hands. This will require water and vinegar in proportion 1: 1.
Glass doors need to be removed from the fireplace and decompose on the floor. Using the sprayer, the solution is abundantly sprayed on them. When the fluid dry, the glass must be wiped dry with dry newspapers. If your fireplace is equipped with non-removable loops, the doors are treated with napkins, moistened in solution.
Clean the fireplace is better after each use. So soak will not accumulate. So that in the wood fireplace glass does not smoke, it is better to use a dry and clean tree for ignition. During operation, you can use a special welcome: leave a narrow slit on top of the glass. Due to the air flow, a barrier from soot is created. So that the glass remains transparent, after operation and cleaning the fireplace on it you can apply a solid soap. The effect will appear upon subsequent use.
Beautiful examples in the interior
Glass Fireplace – Unique Interior Decoration.
- It can be harmoniously entered in an ultra-modern interior and classic.
- Different style can be created, thanks to decorations and additional elements (for example, at the expense of a wrought lattice, stucco, inserts from various materials).
- The original screen will create an additional security damper, will make the design unique.
Review of the door for a fireplace with a glass with self-cleaning BG15 in the next video.