There are many plants that are popular as indoor flowers. Streptocarpus – Some of them, they are valued for amazing decorative qualities and abundant flowering. Among the varieties, the kind of dimetris takes not the last place in popularity.
The popular homemade plant streptocarpus from Africa can also be found in Madagascar and Comoros. Flowers are a five-leaf bud, which is very similar to orchid. The flower is located on a long blossom and as if boiled over foliage.
In the natural environment, there are species growing on the shaded slopes or rocks, on Earth, in rocky clefts and almost everywhere where the seed can germinate and put roots. For home, breeders created a set of hybrids of various colors and forms.
Although the flower is usually called simply streptocarpus or strept, General name for the plant – Primula, It is that it is most often used because there is a superficial resemblance to a family.
It is impossible to say that “dimetris” refers to a separate variety – No, it’s just a brand under which other plants are grown, for example, Gloxinia, SENPOLIA. He was founded by her husband and wife of Ynikeyev, nod to Dnepropetrovsk.
Varieties under the DS sign quite a lot, any crop will delight an impressive collection of colors derived by these breeders.
- “DS-smoke”. This variety is two-color, demonstrates abundant blossom. The shade is pretty gentle, bright races come out of the center. Upper two petals of soft lilac, the lower can be simply white or with lilac flies.
- “DS-1290”. Plant is characterized by large buds. On the petals there are two shades: lilac and blue. Flowers semi-grade, lower petals yellow, but not bright, there is a blue mesh on the front side. The variety was led in 2013.
- “DS-1755”. Streptocarpus, which appeared at the disposal of crop only in 2017. The flower after breaking is pleased with a dark burgundy tint, the petals from the bottom almost black. Terry buds, the plant always blooms abundantly.
- “DS-1719”. Demonstrates burgundy, terry, unusual form of buds, whose core has a shade lighter.
- “DS eternity”. Well-fired veins and dark tint points are visible on the surface of pink petals. Flowerons are long, strong, every flower pleases with its beauty for about a month.
- “DS-shake”. This variety will like those who love the red shades of buds. Blossom Always Abundant, Gustomah Work Flowers.
- “DS-Alpha”. This plant is distinguished by a large size of buds, the shade of which is between burgundy and brown. Very similar to the royal mantle, only the flowers of terry.
- “DS-King Tref”. Almost black shade of petals attracted many crop. Flowerines are formed on a bush strong, socket neat. Buds dense, beautiful, terry.
- “DS-Lena”. Select this variety can be for semi-level flowers and a smooth transition to the petals from yellow to lilac. The edges of the flowers slightly go wave.
- DS-Midnight Poison. From this plant it is difficult to tear away the glance due to his bright poisonous shade of violet. On the surface of the petals there is a contrast mesh. Flowers abundantly, the flowerons grow strong, well hold buds. Purple flowers, but differ in the presence of black lines on petals.
- “DS-Aphrodisiac”. Buds on a bush of the variety described are formulated large, the predominant color on the petals is white, there is a blue grid that is located only on the bottom of the flower.
- “DS-Almanandin”. Of all the varieties of this one of the largest buds – they reach 70 mm in diameter. The petals are wavy, the color is purple, closer to the ink, is distinguished by the presence of crimson stripes and white splashes.
- “DS-Crazy”. It is difficult not to evaluate the presented grade, because it has large – up to 90 mm – flowers that have hypershese petals. Coloros short, strong. The predominant shade of pink, there are bright splashes that are more intensely present on the lower petals.
- DS-Pink Dreams ». It is easy to guess what color buds are formed on a bush. Flowers up to 80 mm, terry, with a slight pleasant aroma.
- “Angel DS Kiss”. Presented grade fell in love with crusts for blossom abundance. The shade is very bright, pink, with a more intense raspberry grid applied to the surface.
- “DS-Mozart”. The biggest flowers are formed by this plant, their width reaches 110 mm. The top petals of blue-purple, bent, but not monophonic, but with a grid.
Growing and care
Two basic things that need to be remembered when growing streptokarpus – they do not like the moistened soil, but they do not like it if it is dry.
For landing, it is used with the addition of perlite, because it makes it more air. You always need to check the drainage holes at the bottom of the container so that they are not clogged with roots and freely passed water.
Flower content temperature – + 18-25 C, reduction to 10 s with a plus sign. The light should be bright, But indirect, Fit artificial lighting. Even with a lack of sunlight, the plant does not cease to bloom, only the buds are formed less.
Watering is produced only when the soil becomes dry. Some gardeners prefer to water when the leaves began to fade. There is nothing terrible in this: they are well restored after dehydration, and this is one of the features of the presented type.
You can feed in the period of active growth using complex water-soluble additives with a large number of phosphorus. Nitric feeding should be used with caution.
As a rule, streptocarpus blooms from spring to autumn. In winter, he goes into a hibernation and can reset the leaves, which is for him the norm. However, there are also such varieties that bloom in winter.
From time to time it is allowed to remove the yellowed leaves at the base. They are old, respectively, die over time. If there is a healthy leaf with damage, you can successfully cut it completely or only part. After flowering, the flowers are removed under the root.
Streptocarpus, as a rule, rarely damage pests or diseases. However, the most common inconsishes are the TLA and mild tick. The problem is quickly eliminated by NIMA oil, with alcohol treatment or simply upper irrigation. Fungal diseases are treated with fungicides.
About the features of streptocarpus Dimetris See More.