Zamiculkas is a popular indoor plant, whose homeland consider Africa. The plant has a meter stem, covered with paired dark green leathery leaves. Like any other room flower, the “dollar tree” needs proper care, thanks to which his immunity is strengthened.
Features of content
Such an exotic plant as Zamiculkas is easily mastered at home. This flower is not characterized by the worst in care, since it is not particularly sensitive to dry dryness, it can exist both in the open sun and on the shaded plot. The optimal temperature for the “dollar tree” is considered to be the indicator in the range from 10 to 30 degrees of heat.
In regular irrigation, the plant does not need it, it can maintain normal livelihoods in the undercurrent soil.
Despite low demands to the conditions of content, Zamiculkas will fully grow and develop in the medium that resembling natural as possible. In the apartment, the best place for the flower of this species will be Southern window. The insufficient amount of light is not destroying for the plant, but it can lead to the grinding of leaves, as well as deterioration of decorative qualities. In the warm time of the year “Dollar Tree” need to be made as often for the balcony.
The best substrate variant for growing a flower can not be called heavy and not clay. Doodle for the plant is considered stagnation of water, so it’s better when the soil is light, loose and has a sandy basis. In order to leave an extra moisture, in the vazon you need to provide a drainage layer that can be made from clay, pebbles. Normal zamioculkas life occurs even on poor soil, but if the flower breed is to feed it, then the positive results will not make a long time to wait. Fertilize the flower can be a special feeder for cactus: once in 30 days and in small quantities.
Transplantation “Dollar Tree” is needed only if it is necessary to replace the pot for a larger in volume. For better suggestions, the roots of the plant do not plunge, but leave slightly open. The proper content of zamiculkas includes a large amount of bright sunlight, a warm room, limited irrigation.
Possible causes of the death of the plant
In order for the exotic zamoculkas normally and pleased the flowerfish with its appearance, you need to make quite a few strength. But if desired, so that this plant lives in the room, it is worth paying proper attention. If there are signs of diseases, they should be immediately eliminated. Die flower can if he is a frost or poured water.
If the “dollar tree” frozen, then it is worth saving his roots. That part of the plant that has already died out, it’s worth trimming. Assist in this case can a solution of “zircon”, which contributes to the rapid adaptation of the flower and liquidation of stressful state. After the above procedures, Zamokulkas is independently restored and gives a new foliage.
In a situation where the flower is overly poured, you do not need to expect moisture evaporation. The root system of the indoor plant is very fast from pouring water, so it is worth it to transplanses to a new pot immediately.
Sometimes there are situations when Zamiculkas growing at home dries out, yellowing, ceases to grow or dies at all. The resultant reason for the above phenomena is plant disease.
When driving the stem and the appearance on it, dark black or brown spots can be argued about the disease of the flower. At the same time, besides the above signs, the plant is often attacking Root rot. The reason for this state is often hidden in excess irrigation, low temperature indoors, as well as incorrectly prepared substrate. With high gravity and grindness of the soil, as well as the absence of drainage, there is a stagnation of water, which entails rotting processes.
The first thing to be done in this situation is Normalization of the conditions of the external environment, that is, the temperature regime, watering. It is also recommended to remove the flower of the pot and spend wellness procedures. Each of the parts of the “dollar tree” must be treated with a fungicidal solution, transfer to a new container or carry out the disinfection of the old. In the situation of excessive lesions of the plant produce a recycling of a flower.
If watering “dollar tree” is improperly organized, it can lead to problems with tuber. Drying of the root system indicates a long absence of watering. Despite the possibility of flower tubers to accumulate fluid, do not forget about organized irrigation of the plant.
In a situation where Zamokulkas started, we can talk about his bay. The flower will urgently need measures such as transplancing and eliminating all rotten elements. In this case, it is worth using a purchased substrate – the perfect option will be the deserted soil for cactus. If the “dollar tree” tuber did not rot, but only spontaneously, it testifies to the old age of the root system. The appearance of white roots means that the plant gives new, young and strong tubers.
It happens that Zamiculkas root does not rot, but covered by stains. This situation indicates irregularity of watering, namely its frequency.
Also the cause of the disease can be cold water for irrigation, so it costs to use only warm and 2 times less frequently than before.
Incorrect cultivation of the indoor plant of this species can cause diseases that are manifested in the appearance of white climb on the leaves, they dry and twist. Such situations become the consequence of a flower drying, rare irrigation, pouring, using cold liquid.
If the flower is notes that the yellowed is about 5 percent of the leaves, then this is caused Natural aging plants. When yellowing the entire branch, it is worth thinking about improper care or ataction of parasites. Withering sheet plates can occur with the natural aging of the “dollar tree”, which affects only the lower plates.
Spotted on the foliage of the flower may be the following species.
- Dark. The emergence of this illness is often caused by excessive irrigation and improper departure. Damaged leaves need to be deleted, as well as inspect the roots for rendering.
- Brown Klex. It can appear in the cold period of the year, during the freezing of the plant, as well as its location on draft.
- Lipkaya. This type of spotting attacks Zamiculkas in the event of pest damage. Undage is accompanied by the appearance of a sage fungus.
Often, the “dollar tree” is damaged by harmful insects that fall on it from the infected soil or together with the purchase flower. That is why the flowerflowers recommend entering a quarantine mode for a new plant for 14 days by room of the acquired flower in a separate room. In a situation where an insect is seen on Zamokulkas, it is worth removing it from the main flower mass and treat separately.
To pests that often attack an exotic room plant, can be attributed to the following parasites.
- Mealybug. When attacking this parasite, leaf plates are deformed. He settles on the foliage of the plant and breeds on it. Muffer Cherver feeds with a flower juice, while overlapping oxygen access. Eliminate the parasite will help washing the plant with a solution of economic soap, as well as processing with a chemical preparation, for example, “accutelle”, “phytodeterm”.
- Tripses. The appearance of white climb on the foliage of Zamiculkas, as well as the curvature of his escape indicates a trips attack. The exotic flower is worth limiting from contact with the rest of the room representatives of the flora, after which the “carboofos” or “intavir”.
- Mite. Parasites of this species are easily noticeable on the green part of the “dollar tree”. This is a small insect, which in length reaches no more than 1 mm. Red spiders envelop leaf plate flower cowkin. The liquidation of the pest should be mechanical way: wiping sheets with cotton swab swallowed in alcohol. A web is easily removed using a cotton wand. The final stage of the destruction of the ticks is the processing of “Aktar”, “AcTellik”.
- Shield. This parasite has a body length of 4 mm, so it is easily noticeable on the plant. The pest has a shell and painted in brown. The shield is powered by the juice of Zamiculkas, the consequence of which the appearance of black spots and a drying of the flower becomes. Prior to the start of processing of the plant, it is necessary to make mechanical liquidation of parasites. You can get rid of the shield with the help of “AcTellica”.
If Zamiculkas fell ill, then the flower water can save it on its own. Reanimate the plant in the following ways.
- When drinking a flower tuber needs to keep all parts of the plant. Flower need to do everything to save his healthy fragments. From the remaining elements, you can grow a new “dollar tree”. If there are at least some kind of roots, they should be put in a new soil. If only whole leaves remain, they go to water to build the root system.
- Twisted foliage testifies to pest attack. In this situation, Zamiculkas is fully examined, and when the parasite is detected, it is worth taking effective measures to combat it.
- Frostbed foliage “Dollar tree“ Need to trim. After some time after the flower procedure, the appearance of new healthy leaves can observe.
For the treatment of Zamokulkas You can use the following fungicides:
- “Maxim” – It shows efficiency in the fight against rot and red burns;
- “Phytosporin” – a good drug to combat fungal infections;
- “Fundazol” necessary to combat fungal disputes;
- “Hom” used in brown spotting and bacteriosis;
- “Hinosol” – This is an effective antobacterial drug.
Flower should be remembered that the processing of “dollar tree” should be carried out only by one of the above preparations, according to the instructions.
It is possible to deal with the ailments of an exotic flower with the help of folk remedies.
To eliminate rot, the flower needs to be removed from the container, cropped the rotten areas, and cutting the cutting of wood or cinnamon.
To get rid of the whiteflies, you need to wash the greens of “dollar tree” with a healing soap that can be bought in a pharmacy. To get rid of parasites, the foliage is worth wing with alcoholic solution and wash the plant with the help of household soap.
Tips for care
In order for Zamiculkas to please their owners with beauty, it is worth paying proper attention to him and adhere to the relevant rules of care. Upon completion of the processing of the plant insecticides, it is worthwhile to protect the soil, covering it with a film. A day later, when chemicals are wedged with water, the flower needs to be protected from their penetration to the root. For this, the substrate is repeatedly covered.
The main thing about what you should not forget – this is what the “dollar tree” is a representative of the Flora, resistant to infectious diseases, but only subject to absolute health. Exotic flower should provide liquid drainage, the correct temperature and lighting mode.
Summer Zamokulkas should be taken out to the street, it will make it stronger and beautiful.
About how to treat Zamokulkas, tells the following video.