- What is it?
- When you can transplant?
- How to separate baby from orchid?
- On a flower
- From the sneakers of the sheet
- Without roots
- In greenhouse
- In foam
- How to transplant in the substrate?
- Is it possible to separate from a blooming flower?
- How to care after transplantation?
- Possible difficulties
- Useful Tips and Recommendations
Orchid is a very beautiful flower capable of decorating with virtually any atmosphere. But it is distinguished by this adorable plant not only with an excellent appearance, but also a “capricious character”. Caring for any kind of orchid is not the right, especially if it is engaged in a beginner flower. Orchid is very important to water properly, fertilize and disembark. In the latter case, many people use flower kids. Today we will consider in detail what it is and how orchid can be lesing at home.
What is it?
Before viewing in stages, how it is necessary to put this luxury flower correctly, it is necessary to figure out what previously mentioned kids. So, it is necessary to take into account that the babe of this plant appears on the bloom after the flowering stage. If you carefully look at the stem, then you can see small tubercles, having a scaly coating. This is sleeping kidneys. On these elements, the children of orchid begins its development. True, there are exceptions to the rules.
Also, this part of the flower can mature and sickle of foliage, despite the fact that the kids are all the same root processes.
When you can transplant?
Orchid reproduction – the stage is quite complicated. Here the flower can be maximum attentiveness and vigilance. Hurry is also not recommended. Decoration of this flower is necessary in the right time so that in the future with the young sprout there were no problems. Consider all the main items that should be taken into account by choosing the transplant time of this spectacular and demanding plant.
- One of the readiness indicators – the grinding rhizomes. Until you not have noticed them, you don’t need to touch the process, otherwise it is simply not rooted and does not fit in a new place. Roots must be healthy and strong. Their length should not be less than the mark of 5 cm. Consider – the larger and longer than the roots at the babes, the greater the likelihood that the hopping to a new place will end with success, and the plant is accurately attached to unusual conditions for him. No need to deal with the separation of the process, if you have noticed less than three roots.
- You should also pay attention to the number of real leaves. On young ravends, no less than 5 flowers may form. After their separation from the foundation, the chances of survival in these copies remain quite high. It should not be forgotten that high-quality and healthy leaves are the proper nutrition of the plant from sunlight, as well as his breathing.
- Need to take into account the period during which the babe was on the parent plant. This period should not be less than 8 months. Specialists and at all recommend waiting until after the appearance of the process will be held about a year. Building the rhizomic system is a long and difficult process.
Be sure to prepare all the necessary items – a pot, soil, tools.
If I want to put it right and multiply this is a gorgeous plant, then you need to take into account all the listed nuances of transplant period. It is not necessary to hurry with this procedure, otherwise the baby can simply do not fit, because its root system will not be fully developed. So that the roots manage to grow up, these elements are usually required at least six months. Up to this point, the babe feeds from the parent plant.
How to separate baby from orchid?
If the moment for the branch of the kids has come, then it is allowed to boldly begin further actions. It is necessary to exercise very carefully and for all the rules to not harm the flower. The babe is separated in different ways on the basis of how it appears – on the flower view or the sinus. Consider in more detail how it is necessary to propose this part of the plant in different situations.
On a flower
In order to separately separate, and then transplant the baby that appeared on the maternal plant, she needs to be able to grow. A few leaves must be formed at the orchid process. As mentioned above, it is impossible to separate sprouts until their rhizomic system is sufficiently developed.
The leaves at the kids in most cases are formed early, but for the formation of roots usually leaves more time – several months. When the roots reached a mark of 3-4 cm, allowed to start the separation and transplant of young sprouts. Crop them should be very neat, using peeled and sharp scissors. Cut these parts follows, keeping approximately in a centimeter from the parent plant on both sides. After that, the babe becomes a separate living organism.
At home it is possible to separate and those kids orchids that were formed on rhizomes. In this case, you should also act at the maximum neatly, so as not to harm or the young roots or the parent plant. To do this, you will need to remove the top layer of the substrate. After that, it should be viewed – did the children have their own healthy root system. If this is present and is in good condition, it will be necessary to cut the root with clean scissors, which connects the baby and the maternal base itself.
Cutting the connecting item you need to keep in centimeter from the sprout. Act carefully, not in a hurry, so as not to damage the roots, as it can lead to serious problems of plants. After that, the baby can be getting out of pot.
Do it also needed with maximum caution.
From the sneakers of the sheet
To competently cut down a new sprout that appeared in a leaf sinus, the secret will need to capture another 1-1.5 cm of the maternal fabric. Separations of the sleeve will necessarily need to competently process. In the course of the reproduction of orchid with the process, unforeseen situations may happen, requiring immediate permission.
There are situations where the babe is growing so that it does not have a standard root system. In such a situation, it is desirable to wait more. Perhaps the roots are formed, just it takes a little more time. Of course, it is permissible not to wait too much time, and immediately separate and plan the baby in the substrate prepared in advance. But in the circumstances described, you will need to create all the required conditions for the further development of the roots.
If a new sprocket is planned to transfers to greenhouse conditions, it is allowed to separate it at a four-month age, without waiting for the development of roots. The flower is moved to a pre-prepared substrate made of chopped pine bark. The plant will need to move to the greenhouse and take it every day with water. The specified procedure is not prohibited to alternate with the processing of a suitable fertile composition.
However, such procedures should be carried out exclusively during the daytime. Liquid should not penetrate the outlet center. Be sure to follow the fact that there is no destructive unnecessary wet substrate. He must dry out over a couple of clocks. So that in the greenhouse setting of the orchid kids rooted, knowledgeable flowers recommend to use live moss. On top of it stacked a sliced baby flower.
For further rooting, in such a way you need to take and cut off the not too large piece of foam. After that, it is necessary to make some holes, in which the foundations of the children will be able to fit. Flowers are fixed and placed in a container filled with water. The basis for miniature orchids should be positioned above the liquid. This will make it possible to form an ideal moisture level for root growth. In order to lift the humidity level of the air yet, water capacity is permissible to close with a polyethylene sachet or plexiglass.
As soon as the roots are formed, you will need to move a little orchid to the substrate made of pine bark.
The specified sprouts does not happen to their rhizomes. Their feeding is carried out through the main stem from the roots of the parent plant. If the specified baby was formed on your orchid, it is impossible to separate it. Just in a pot will now grow and bloom two flower, and not one. Often the baking type of basal type appears at the point of the growth point of phalaenopsis. In most cases, it happens when it is dying. The specified baby will simply give the beginning of the development of a new plant.
How to transplant in the substrate?
If the separation of the sprout from the main plant was made competently, and the process got a root system, then it is permissible to safely switch to its transplant to the substrate. First you need to prepare a young sprout to a transplant in another pot. For this purpose, the following procedures are carried out.
- Thams are postponed to be soared for 15 minutes. In the water before it is permissible to dissolve growth hormone. So you will be able to guarantee the speedy and noticeable growth of rhizomes.
- Moisturized rhizomes along the transplantation are not injured. In addition, they are much easier to put in a new pot with a substrate.
Before planting a baby in a fresh place, it will take a drainage layer on the bottom of the selected pot. To do this, you can use a ceramics trekking or vermiculite. Many apply clamzit, but not all flower products recommend using this material, since it often contributes to the accumulation of moisture, and this orchids will not benefit. After laying the drainage, you can jerk separated by a plant.
Consider step by step as it should be done correctly.
- In the prepared capacity, the process will need to be placed in such a way that its lower sheets are located above the surface of the soil, and not drowned in it. Contact baby and leaves very carefully at the time of transplantation.
- Next, the substrate will need to fall asleep portion, gradually. At the same time, the pot will need to gently shake and passion so that the soil can optimally distribute between the roots. In an additional seal, the substrate usually does not need.
- During the first few days after transplanting the flower, it is not necessary to water if in the future you plan to grow it beautiful and healthy. On the cut plot of children must dry.
Already landed young orchid is recommended at first place in half. After it is possible to move the container with the flower in the place where the dissipated light is present. Under no circumstances do not put a flower baby in the right rays of ultraviolet. If it is a windowsill or table next to the window, then the latter must be closed with a curtain. In the confusion, the orchid will be not in the most comfortable conditions for it. The flower will definitely bloom and will look spectacular if you provide him with the right care.
Do not constantly move the pot with a babe from place to place – orchids do not like it.
Is it possible to separate from a blooming flower?
Many novice flowerflowers first engaged in planting such a capricious flower as an orchid are wondering: is it possible to separate his baby from a flower flower? Experts recommend not to hurry, but wait until the flowering of orchid is completed. This is due to the fact that in this period the kids still have poorly developed roots, so in the new substrate to force the process will be too difficult.
In addition, for blooming orchids, such procedures can be a serious stress.
How to care after transplantation?
After separating the babes from the main plant and its transplants to the new substrate, you will need to ensure the proper care. If the originally sprout is quite strong and healthy, then its rapid development and active growth will begin without delay. To increase such a flower do not have to resort to different tricks and additional means. If at the time of separation on the shoots there were leaves, then during rapid growth they can dry. But nothing to be frightened here – give baby a little more time so that she let go new leaves.
If the kids of the mother (main plant) were too weak and almost do not develop, they will need to provide greenhouse conditions. The greenhouse can be purchased in a specialized store or to build it yourself. In such conditions, the required high temperature and the necessary humidity level is always supported. Moisturizing a young sprout should be engaged carefully. Never overflow baby orchid water. Otherwise the root flower system can start rot – and this is a pretty serious problem. Spheres sprout under the condition of competent and moderate irrigation begin to grow pretty quickly.
On the square, where there is a pot with a young flower, you will need to provide high-quality air outflow and influx. There should always be fresh and comfortable in space. Lighting for an orchid process is recommended to provide, based on the main principle – direct sunlight for the described plant is very harmful. It is advisable to form a scattered or privided light. The sun rays that in the morning penetrate the dwelling, along with sunset rays, harm orchids will not apply. After a certain time, it may be possible to land the sprout of orchids into a new pot, which is more suitable for it in size and volume.
If you are going to separate and transplant orchid baby for her further growth, then you should familiarize yourself with the list of the most frequent difficulties that can be encountered when conducting such procedures.
- In the course of transplantation, the plant can pick up the infection. This not only in the end leads to the emergence of serious diseases, but even to the death of the flower. To do not encounter such a problem, you should use only sterile scissors, a knife and a secator when working with a young sprout.
- Many flower flowers are planning to replete this capricious plant. In order to avoid these problems, you need to give a baby a little lie in the air (about 30 minutes). After that, the cuts will be needed to be treated with ground cinnamon or wood ash.
- Consider – if you cut off the sprout too early, he will simply die. To distinguish the baby that is not yet ready for the department easily, the main thing is to pay attention to the state of its roots.
- If several kids appeared on the orchid, then cut them all at once prohibited. This is due to the fact that the parent plant may die of damage. First you need to separate only one baby. The second will be allowed to disembark after the cut plot from the first part completely touches.
Useful Tips and Recommendations
If you competently care for orchids, the kids will appear by themselves. However, the “awaken sleeping” the kidney on the flowers can be both forces. To do this, gently remove the protective scales and process the kidney with special cytokinin paste. Discarded from orchid baby – this is an independent plant, in no way dependent on the maternal flower. He will need to provide the same quality care as “adult” orchid.
It is very important to ensure that the substrate is not excessively moistened. Do not too hard to diligently water the young orchid. This plant does not like a large amount of moisture and water. Because of the last circumstance, the roots of the kids can start climbing. In order not to encounter such serious troubles, it will be necessary to provide plants perfect humidity level. Water for watering young orchids It is advisable to take room temperature.
Too hot or cold, it should not be. In other situations, you can put a serious harm to sprout.
Buying orchid in the store, you should learn how exactly it belongs to. Knowing it, it will be possible to provide a plant competent and required care, and also familiarize yourself with the secrets of its flowering and reproduction. If the kids have too little roots, then after the transplant, they will most likely develop very slowly, as well as subjected to various diseases. In this case, experienced flowers are recommended not to rush with the branch of the kids, and wait a little more, while the roots do not fit up to normal sizes.
Do not forget that new shoots makes sense to wait only from healthy and strong plants. Some flower products are resorted to the use of artificial stimulants aimed at the rapid and significant development of the cutting. The most popular tool is the hormonal cytokinic paste. Careful orchid requires very careful.
No need to diligently, since the young sprouts of this flower are very vulnerable and capricious. Fertilize the baby also follows.
In order, in another pot of flower, the flower grew troubled and was absolutely healthy, it is extremely important to ensure that the new soil is distinguished by good drainage characteristics. Must also have sufficient air access. Only in case of compliance with these conditions, the babe of orchids will become silent to grow to the joy of flower.
Any changes in the circumstances of the content for orchid – serious stress. That is why this flower is not recommended to rearrange from place to place, because even it excites a beautiful, but demanding plant. Of course, you can make orchid more stressful, applying specialized feeders. However, you should not cry with them in order not to harm the flower.
In the room where the orchid baby will be contained, it is recommended to maintain the appropriate temperature mode. The optimal temperature will be the temperature not exceeding 21 degrees during the daytime.
Ideal western or oriental windows.
About how to separate the baby from orchid, you can learn more.