Many flowers stop their choice on exotic plants, among which the epiphyite orchid dendrobium is highlighted with beautiful colors and indescribable aroma. Despite the fact that the plant is easily adapted to new conditions, it should be excluded with caution and only at certain periods. There are reasons for it.
Even with an enviable adaptability of the plant, he still needs time to get used to the new climate and soil. Sometimes stress associated with an unfamiliar situation becomes the cause of a stop in the growth, normal life of the plant organism, and as a result, orchid ceases to bloom. Therefore, the flower is transplanted only as a last resort. No secret is why the dendrobium does not like this procedure so much.
Orchid’s roots are capable of rapid development, which leads to weave with the elements of the soil, moreover – the root processes are intertwined and together. Once the root system begins to grow, spare water and nutrients of thickening (bullbits) appear, it means it’s time to prepare a plant to transplant.
It is worth paying attention to the following main reasons why the flower is moved to another container and substrate are carried out:
- painful state of epiphyte;
- exhaustion, soil oxidation and a change in its structure that does not allow to hold the liquid – this is due to frequent feeding and irrigation, especially water from the water supply, and the excess presence of potassium salts and phosphorus can worsen the state of the roots;
- too small pot, because of which the space between the roots is sealed and does not let sufficient air.
And the transplantation is relevant when the exotion is presented. Experienced floweries advise to conduct a dendrobium orchid transplant 1 time in 2-3 years, but it can be done only after the plant has dropped. Most often it occurs in the spring, in April or May, when the flower begins to grow dynamically. Then the procedure is carried out until the formation of new root branches, since they can be easily injured.
Epiphyts blooming in the autumn period are also allowed to transplant until they gave fresh shoots, kidneys and leaves. It is impossible to do it in periods of rest and rest. Plant after purchase it is necessary to dive, but only after the completion of flowering. This is due to the fact that the land in which the flower is sold does not have the characteristics necessary for the usual life activity of culture.
It is allowed to conduct an event after the acquisition of epiphet.
Due to the intensive growth of the dendrobium roots, most often transplanted into a more spacious capacity. If the soil is not exhausted, and the root system is healthy, then the method of “transshipment” is used. It is as follows:
- soil is watered for softening;
- Carefully pull out orchid along with soil komom;
- neatly cleaned from injured and dead processes;
- Old soil is updated by adding fertile land, chopped charcoal for disinfection.
Important! If the flower is transplanted into a pot of greater volume, its acclimatization passes faster. In conventional resetting, the root system is fully cleaned from the old soil and placed in a new.
When it is necessary to sear a bush of an adult plant, you need to adhere to the next algorithm of actions:
- remove the dendrobium from the tank;
- Clean the earth and dead roots;
- By reliming the knife, cut into parts, in each of which should remain young sprouts and healthy thickening;
- fold the cut parts into the water, after which the sections of the ash powder;
- After that, they can be planted in separate pots.
Important! In fact, at home, it is very convenient to reset and in parallel to breed a plant.
In addition to division, breeding the flower with children, because they are well formed on pseudobulbach. For this you have to wait until developed roots and several leaves are formed. Transplant “kids” easily, carefully choking them at the base of the stem. At the same time they are easily separated. It will only remain planted them into a small pot with good drainage, fall asleep the roots with the substrate, and put moss to the surface as a mulch.
Before transfer, you must select a suitable container, better made of high-quality transparent plastic. Such pots must necessarily have drainage holes, skip light and be convenient for further transplants. The plus of plastics is that the material optimally maintains the temperature, which eliminates overheating and the hyproofing of the roots. Soil is an important aspect. If there is no experience of her independent preparation, it is wiserfully use the finished soil for this culture. Experienced gardening lovers are preparing a substrate using the following components:
- crushed bumps and pine bark;
- coconut chips;
- SFAGNUM, allowing to maintain the moisture content of the Earth;
- fern roots;
As a drainage uses pieces of foam, gravel, clay, broken clay shards or bricks.
Preliminary actions are in the selection of pot, disinfection, preparation of the appropriate tool – Bamboo supports, scissors, tweezers, wood sticks. Step-by-step transplant of the dendrobium is carried out as follows:
- In order not to injure the plant, the soil car shed with water and leave for several minutes for soaking;
- It is necessary to extract the plant carefully, taking over the leaf outlet and pulling up slightly up;
- Then you should save the orchid from the soil particles, rinse the root system – for this, plants are placed into a solution of succinic acid and “epin” (growth stimulator) for half an hour; The procedure simultaneously increases cultural immunity and makes it less susceptible to disease;
- After that, you can remove the old land, disinfectant to cut off the damaged and dead parts of the roots, remove moss tweezers and rot;
- The next stage is the treatment with the roots of a weak solution of peroxide; Damage to the processes are sprinkled with coal, and then there are a dendrobium under the phytolamp and dried;
- In the bottom of the container, drainage holes must be made, the size of the pot should not be too large; Down put the prepared drainage material;
- The flower is immersed in the center, spread the root system, then carefully sprinkle with the soil, without trying to seal it – with the time of the roots will be located as it is more convenient;
- watering the flower immediately after the dive is not recommended, but the air in the room should be well moistened;
- Care consists in placing a pot on a light, slightly shaded windowsill, because the light of the plant is needed, but it must be scattered; irrigation spend 2-3 days later when the root system will start to take care.
Properly conducted transplant procedure will allow the plant to adapt to the substrate faster and strengthen in the substrate, which is important for the further development of orchids. Flowers need to water the warm outstanding water often, but not good, just supporting humidity. In summertime, it is more often. And it is also necessary to periodically refresh leaflets with the soul, but then thoroughly dry with cotton disks, not forgetting about the kidney growth. Winter for the plant need peace, so watering procedure is minimally reduced.
Important! You can feed the dendrobium orchid only during its active growth, for example, a spraying glucose will go to the colors for the benefit.
The main mistakes that are committing orchid lovers who do not have sufficient experience are the rooting of the root system, to transplant with intertwined roots, removal of boulevards and flowers, which leads to damage to the orchid and suspension of its development. In general, such a southern culture, as a dendrobium does not require complex care and special conditions for abundant flowering, but knowledge of subtleties will help to avoid cultivation difficulties.