Calatea “Medallion” or Calathea is a rather popular indoor plant that loves flower for spectacular appearance and original colors. Caring for her at home is not considered something very difficult, but often the hostesses are faced with the fact that the flower leaves dry, twist, it loses the appearance. This is because not everyone attracted by an unusual appearance of the plant is studying which care is needed luxurious beauty. Before purchasing this flower, be sure to study what is required by this representative of the Flora to delight with its beauty and healthy appearance.
From the South American Continent of the Calatea, refers to the family of marrantov. Not everyone is decided to make a luxurious settlement, despite the original and noticeable appearance. This flower has the following distinctive features:
- A variety of palettes of foliage shades – from brown to rich greens, a lot of flower varieties – more than 150;
- foliage in the form of an oval, wide type, decorated with a beautiful pattern of light pinkish lifts;
- blossom short-term, small-sized inflorescences, white, yellow and orange.
Leaflets of Calatei have a unique sensitivity to lighting – in the morning the foliage is lowered and shows its luxurious ornament, in the evening rises and hides it.
Since the outdoor evening composition resembles hands pulling to the sky, the flower was called – prayer. She is also called Roseolyakta.
Plant care requires enough strength and effort, so it is not recommended to start a settlement to those who are not ready to devote her enough time. If you comply with all the rules, the cultivation will even have a novice flower. Especially since the Calatea thanks the attentive owners with unique bloom, not like any other.
First of all, it is necessary to choose a place and think about the lighting for a capricious beauty, to do it before purchasing a flower.
Light and place
Most often, the settlement is located on the windows, but in this case the direction should be either east or Western. If possible, you can position the plant on special stands, shelves or porridge near windows. In any case, Calatee needs a lot of light scattered type, direct rays should be avoided, the flower can be burned on the Sun. But the shadow is an inappropriate place, in the twilight, the development of the plant will slow down, possibly the lack of flowering, the leaves will rise not only in the evening, they will become faded.
If the only option is the location of the Calatei – a window overlooking the south, then take care of the obstacle between it and the sun.
Tropical origin does not mean that the category is needed hot temperature. It is recommended to withstand moderate type mode, ensure the absence of drops, protect from drafts. To flower felt comfortable and developed in a normal pace, The following temperature ranges should be followed:
- Summer – from +18 to +25 degrees;
- Winter – from +16 to +23 degrees.
Important! If you need to ventilate, the flower is better removed on time to safe place.
With moisture a few other story. Tropical flower just needs elevated humidification. The hygrometer should show the highest degree – 80-90%. If in the apartment dry, Roseolyakta begins to fade, foliage falls. This reason to think before the acquisition, because if it is not possible to increase the moisture content in the room, it is better to make a choice in favor of a less so-taking room pet. Breeding such plants well in special winter gardens and greenhouses where high humidity does not harm homely.
However, it is not worth upset if you are aimed at breeding exactly this flower. Try to arrange a special flurarium. For this purpose, you can use the aquariums, the main thing is that they allow to grow this plant in comfortable conditions for him. In addition, it is possible to periodically make forced moisturizing, that is, spray the Calate. After water procedures, be sure to rub the foliage so that there is no water.
Another moisture option is a wet sponge, which is clenched by a smooth surface of the leaves.
High-quality care of this representative of the flora directly depends on the quality of watering. The usual water from under the tap should be excluded, it must be filtered and heated to a warm state. Ideal option – rainwater. If there is such an opportunity, the plant will be grateful to you. The regularity of irrigation is also important and is as follows:
- Spring-summer period – 1 time in 2 days;
- Autumn-winter period – 1 time in 7 days.
Important! Watering should be moderate, no need to fill a flower so that the water is forced. After watering, be sure to remove moisture from the pallet, otherwise the root system will start rot.
How to feed?
Experts recommend using such feeds of liquid type as:
- “Agrikola Aqua”;
- Bona Forte.
The choice in specialized stores is quite wide. Pay attention to the target fertilizer. It must be intended for decorative, decidive representatives of flora. Carefully learn the instructions and strictly follow its recommendations, since different types of fertilizers are applied depending on the features. For the flower is equally harmful both crossing and lack of trace elements. So fertilize the settlement regularly, but not often, it is better to adhere to the graph – during the period of active growth twice a month.
In the autumn-winter time, the feeder does not produce.
Flowerflowers believe that it is not necessary to trim the settlement. It is enough to monitor the death of the leaves and to delete them in a timely manner. The removal method is very simple – you tear the dried leaf with your hands, without cutting. It is important to do it carefully and not harm healthy foliage.
Remove patients and dry leaves need year-round as needed.
Developing, the plant worsens the quality of the soil, so it is periodically necessary to carry out a transplant, otherwise it will cease to develop and get sick. Do it recommended every spring until the age of four, and then every two years. To transplant the flower correctly, it is worth following the following algorithm for action:
- Select the capacity wider than the previous one;
- Enter a pine boron or charcoal into the kidney;
- Pick up a loose weakness sooth type, it is better to buy special for rhododendrons in the store;
- Independent soil preparation consists of mixing of equal parts of the earth of sheet type, peat and humus with a half of the sand;
- required drainage layer from broken brick, clayjit or pebbles at the bottom of the tank;
- When transplanting land with rhizomes do not purify.
The first flower landing should not be done immediately after purchase, the plant needs to give time to adapt. After 1-2 week to plant it at a permanent place.
How to multiply?
Reproduction is made in different ways.
- Division. Suitable for novice flowerflowers, can be carried out in the process of resetting. Separate small containers are separated from the roots. I need to put a pot into a darkened warm place.
- Shining. The front part of the plant with growth points is cut and sent to the wet soil under the film before the appearance of the roots. Then polyethylene is removed.
- Sheet method. It is necessary to cut off the sheet and fall into a small container, then it is moisturized and put it in heat.
- Seminal. This is the most difficult method, it is suitable for experienced gardeners or those who are ready to devote a procedure a lot of time and effort. This way you can withdraw a completely new flower grade. First of all, they prepare the soil with sand, moisturize it, then sowing. After that, the pot is covered with polyethylene or glass to create a greenhouse effect. After the climb, the covered is removed and waiting for the first sheets, then planted separately.
Diseases and pests
It is worth considering the most frequent diseases and pests.
- The most common type of pest attacking settlements – tripses. They appear most often with insufficient moisture, but if there are high temperatures. If the plant is dotted with light spots, it’s time to take action. Stains can change the color to the darker, after which the foliage will begin to dry and fall. Special means to cope with the problem – insecticides, soapy solution and feeding.
- If the plant was covered with a film of black, it means that it overcomes Sent mushroom. Film education does not allow air circulation, violates photosynthesis and a plant dies. Solving soap solution will help to get rid of.
- If you noticed small brown insects on the flower – this is the invasion Shield. They suck from foliage life juices, after which the leaves dry out. In this case, specialist and soap solution will help.
Another calling questions symptom – twisting and drying sheet. This is a sign that the placement of the plant is broken, the placement place is incorrectly selected. At first to the following factors should be paid:
- increased humidity;
- irregular or insufficient watering.
If you eliminate all these shortcomings, Calatea will gradually come to its original condition.
You can find out how to transplant settlements, looking a little below.