Urban residents want to have a fireplace in their apartment to create a cozy, stylish environment and as an additional heat source. Now this opportunity appeared in each of us. An excellent solution in this case is the purchase of an electric fireplace.
It is easy to use, does not occupy a lot of space, has aesthetic appearance and safe to use.
Electric fireplace will replace open fire source. View of a live flame in an urban apartment is now not just a dream. Imitation of fiery languages on wood laying will correspond to the real heart. In the settings, there is even a crackling effect of firewood and light controllers: an increase or decrease in the backlight.
Modern designs suggest a timer for shutdown, Volume and brightness adjustment, mechanical and sensory control, as well as the presence of a remote. The steam generator imitating the smoke effect may be present in expensive foci. Some models have columns and a USB output, which makes it possible to connect a memory card with music files and using a fireplace as a player.
Imitation of fire occurs in different ways: electromechanical, with the use of liquid crystal technologies, steam effect, modern 3-D effects. Electromechanical principle of operation of the electrocamine creates more noise than the remaining methods of imitation of the flame effect. But the price of such devices is much lower, so they are considered the most commonly purchased.
- separately worth it;
- suspended or wall;
Westerns are divided into the hearth and portal or framing. Form the fireplace can be direct or angular.
Given the area of the room, you can choose the necessary overall size of the fireplace and comfortable heating capacity.
The portal selection also depends on the style of the room, in which the device must be installed. Classic, Modern, High Tech, Minimalism, Country or Loft – Electrocamine will fit almost any interior.
Suspended or wall mounted
Minimalism or High-tech suggests installing wall and suspended fireplaces. They look like a huge rectangular screen in a metal frame and plated from MDF. Strict forms without unnecessary parts and decorations are suitable for the interior in modern interiors. The device suspended on the wall looks like a chic television screen. Place the fireplace can be located at eye level or closer to the floor.
Mini-fireplaces or desktop models are conveniently located on any horizontal surfaces. It can be a coffee or writing desk, chest of drawers or bedside table. Small sizes and pleasant appearance of the hearth allow it to be used in different interiors. Mini-fireplace will be able to heat only minor areas of the room.
But it can be transferred and put in any part of the house.
Separately standing foci look like electric furnaces with open fire. Decorative design of such devices is quite modest. The focus can be transferred and installed in different rooms. It can be put as needed in the center of the room, and close to the walls. Externally, the device is self-sufficient, and the additional framing does not apply here.
The fireplace can exist as a separate element to which you need to purchase a finished portal or make it yourself. There is a hearth complete with the portal, otherwise the fireplace kit. The material for finished portals is a wooden array, natural and artificial stone, MDF with veneer.
Ready portals are made in different styles.
Most often occur Classic option with pilasters, portico, cornice, curly thread. It is made of wood or MDF covered with veneer. The massiveness and majesty of arched design are underlined by the exquisite color scheme and the patination effect.
Built-in fireplace Country style Also widely represented in stores. It is framed by natural sandstone, limestone, shale or artificial stone imitating rock data.
Fireplace on stone performance suitable for room design Loft style. It will fit well in the form of brick or masonry of various colors. The texture of the stone can be smooth or porous. Behind the smooth surface it is easier to care for, it is less susceptible to pollution. Porous in time can be clogged with dust and lose an attractive look.
Framing with their own hands
The portal for the electrocamine, made with its own hands from the drywall, is good because after mounting the facing of the fireplace can be produced by various materials at their discretion. This is a ceramic tile, and plaster, and porcelain stoneware, and paint, and artificial stone, as well as decorative parts in the form of stucco or mosaic. When preparing and calculations, it is necessary to understand that the hearth itself does not hide inside the portal, and the folding is installed.
Heating the parts of the electric product is an order of magnitude lower than that of the furnace of the living fireplace.
The procedure for installing the framing:
- The place to choose is necessary, based on the number of furniture, which is supposed to be placed in this room. The fireplace can be in the corner of the room or near the wall.
- Pre-drawn drawing with dimensions will simplify work on making framing with their own hands. And you need to consider and draw a drawing of the structure, calculate the dimensions of all parts, based on the sizes of the focus.
- If it is supposed to use heavy materials to finish the body of the portal, a stone, ceramic tiles, then it is necessary to start working with the strengthening of the pedestal on which the design will stand. For the future, the podium is suitable for solid material – such as the kitchen table top of artificial stone. The podium must perform abroad portal, forming a low step. If the finish is the plaster or paint with the elephant elepnel elements from the foam, then the pedestal is optional.
- The wall behind the hearth is desirable to protect the heat-resistant material.
- Metal profile with self-tapping screws made framework framed frame. Because of the electric focus it is important to leave holes for ventilation and wire output.
- The resulting metal structure must be seen by the sheets of plasterboard cut from the desired. The thickness of the profile and sheet of plasterboard should be selected, taking into account the use of the planned finish. The harder material that will be applied to the portal, the thicker should be the details of the design.
- Seams sharpen, corners for strength better strengthen metal corners.
- Align the surface of the portal and rebound.
- Install the electricity in a niche, given that it should be superimposed on the portal, and not drown in recess. Then make the portal body finish selected by the material. You can attract artists or finishing, and you can show your fantasy and make a highly artistic work with your own hands.
- From above can be put and secured the smooth table top from MDF or LDSP.
Color, stylistic direction, finishing material depend only on the taste of the landing.
In the manufacture of framing for an electrocamine, you can stop on different materials. Heat resistance and heat resistance are not as important as in contact with an open source of fire. The most common material for the portal is plasterboard. He is not capricious, from it you can make almost any designs. The big advantage of the use of drywall is also low price and ease of processing.
- Safe use of such a portal is possible only after complete drying and final gluing all parts. Have to wait and not include the focus of 3-5 days.
- It is advisable to hold and install a rosette, and the wires are better hidden inside the portal so that they do not interfere with the movement.
Making the portal with your own hands will save the family budget.
The undoubted advantages of electrocamine can be attributed:
- Security, especially if there are children in the house;
- lack of smoke, soot and other combustion products;
- switching on-off optional or need;
- Heat supply adjustment, up to a complete shutdown of the thermal function;
- adjustment of the brightness of the backlight and sound effects;
- heating function;
- Decorative component.
Some models not only heaten the room, but also moisturize the air. The advantages include the fact that it is not necessary to install additional sources of ventilation. The fireplace does not take a lot of space and does not require painstaking care. The ability to transfer mobile models to different parts of the room is also a good stimulus to buy a focus.
SUPPTLES Can be used as a piece of furniture. They externally resemble TV cabinets or dressers with drawers, shelves and swing doors with glass. This makes the fireplace more functional and ergonomic, which is in demand in small rooms with a minimum number of furniture.
Electrocamine care is easy and does not take much time.
Some models of electric fireplaces look so realistic that at first glance it is difficult to distinguish them from the real wood fireplace. Additional decorative decoration elements are sold in stores, which complement the feeling of the presence of real fire. This is a decorative woodcutter with lane mockups, a wood chain cleaning kits: blades, brushes, nippers, decorative grates, fireplace protective screens in the form of a portable screen. Such objects made in different styles and placed in front of the focus are attached to the electrocamine a completely realistic view.
Fully relying in the heating of the room on the electrocamine is not worth. It is rather an additional decor element than the device for full heating is not even a very large room in 15 kV. M.
The principle of operation of electrocamine – thermal fan.
The directional stream of heated air is able to quickly heat the space around the hearth. With the most intensive mode of operation, the power of the device depending on the model is about 1.5 kW.
The price category depends on the cost of the hearth and portal. The price of the focus can vary from 11,000 to 120,000 rubles. And the price of the portal can vary from 16,000 to 100,000 rubles. Custom models from natural stone or wood will cost an order of magnitude higher.
Electric built-in fireplace today is available to everyone. It will help make a cozy any room and serve as an additional heat source of cold winter.
On how to choose an electric fireplace, see the following video.