Belopeerone – an unusual plant that is quite rarely grown at home. At the same time, he has very few minuses and many advantages: for example, almost continuous and abundant flowering, decorativeness of leaves, ease in care. Such a flower immediately attracts glances, because it is very beautiful. Having read this article, you will learn how this plant looks like, and you can also understand the features of his species and in the basic rules of care.
Motherland Belopeerone – Central and South America, Subtropics and Tropics. It is a semi-stabiliar or a bush that has a lot of branches. Beloperone has not very thick shoots, which over time weighing next to the base. Egg leaves- or lanceal, olive or greenish, matte, their length – up to 8 cm.
Such a plant blooms almost without breaks. Duration of flowering – almost a year (it is interrupted only in the coldest periods). Flowers arise in the sinuses of the leaves. Usually they are pretty bright: Red, Yellow. However, there are also gentle pink, very bright flowers.
Tones go to each other very smoothly, and the result is the original game of colors. For plants are more characteristic of inflorescences, single flowers come across infrequently.
Glots Many are taken for petals. Next to the base they are quite pale, and then the tone becomes more intense. Flowers themselves are between bracts.
The height of the plant, followed at home, can reach 1.2 m. This flower is able to grow very quickly. Many confused Beloperone with Pakhistakhis, AFALANDER. The latter is very difficult to grow, because such a plant is capricious, it requires a certain microclimate. Behind Pahistakhis, it is much easier to care than for Afchandre and Belopeerone.
Types and varieties
There are several varieties of Belopeerone. Consider the most popular types of such flower.
- Beloperone Guttata (Drip). Guttata looks like a small shrub, whose height usually reaches 80 cm. This variety originated in Mexico, it is the most common among flower water. The leaves are pubescent, oval, very neat. White flowers, bracts light red. Such a plant needs to transplant often, replacing the soil or increasing the size of the pot. However, it should be borne in mind that it will be very bad to transfer the change in the room.
- Variegata (Variant). There is another name for this type: Peppercut. Variant flower can be multiplied by stalling. The height of the volatile Belopeerone – about 70 cm, white flowers, bracts are red. This plant is not demanding to the level of humidity in the room.
- Lutea (Luita) – This is a separate view of drip Belopeerone. It is distinguished by a yellow hint of bracts. In the structure, the form of leaves, the dimensions of the lutea shrub does not differ from the main type. Basic leaves bright, greenish.
- Yellow Queen – Also a separate view of drip Belopeerone. Bracts of this plant bright, lemon shade. Shrub more elongated, leaves rather saturated color. Yellow Queen is distinguished by very abundant blossoms: notice the main leaves is almost impossible.
- Plumbagoliste or pigs and combat. The height of such a bush can reach 1 m. Right shoots, grow vertically. This plant appeared in Brazil. On the branches of the porchikolized Belopeerone there are side processes. They grow pointed leaves that are pretty smooth and dense. Length of bright red bracts reaches 60 mm.
- Ruzh – Plant derived by artificial. This is a compact bush with small leaves of oval shape. Green foliage, her shade is quite saturated. Highlighters lemon, greenish, relatively small in size. Flowers along the edges of red-pink, at the base – cream. All flowers shred with light clips. Plants that contain houses, bloom without interruptions.
Belopeeron grows very quickly, so such a flower has to transplant every year or even more often: in the summer, at the end of the season, as well as in the spring period. If an adult Beloperone grows in a fairly large capacity, it will be enough to transfer once every two or three years. The fact that such a procedure is needed will indicate a certain “signal”: roots visible from the drainage hole.
In order not to transplant very often, you can buy a much more than the previous pot every time.
It is recommended to give preference to ceramic pots, similar to the bucket: Beloperone has a large above-ground part. Such a container will balancing the flower without letting it fall.
This plant is untranscript to the soil, so it may well be the usual, universal. The soil must be lightweight and saturated useful substances. Even inexperienced people can cope with the transplant. It is as follows.
- Take a new tank and place on the bottom of the pebbles, small clay. Layer thickness – 30-50 mm. Then pour the substrate by filling around a third of the volume pot.
- Remove Beloperone from Old Tank. To make it easier to do it, you can pre-pour the plant (approximately half an hour). Earth’s com better to leave an unnecessary.
- Take a sharp knife, disinfected it and cut with the roots of about 10 mm. Take the roots on the sides (cuts must be longitudinal, not very deep), the edges will need to be slightly “fluffy”.
- Place the earthen kom in a new container, put more substrate. Then you will need to shake the pot and palm to the ramp in the top several times.
- Pour the flower and put it in the shadow for a few days (it should be light). Then you can put it on your previous place. Carry out the flower as you are accustomed.
To care for Beloperone is quite easy, however, for such a plant it is necessary to ensure certain conditions. He needs constancy, so care will need regular.
The light should be scattered, but quite bright. To create an optimal microclimate at home, it is recommended not to abandon the effects of sunlight, however, the periods of its preparation must be short.
Pot with such a flower is better to put in the eastern or western part of the room, however, it feels quite well and in the southeast, as well as the south side.
When winter comes, you will need to take care of the availability of additional light sources in the room. It is recommended to take into account that at twelve hours of the day, Belopeerone must be protected from sunlight: at this time, it is usually too bright.
In the spring and summer it will be necessary to take care of creating optimal temperature conditions for the flower. The best temperature at such times – about +20 degrees. In the fall and winter it will need to be reduced to +16 or even up to +12 degrees. Too warm in the cold seasons in the room should not be, and then the plant can start getting rid of foliage. Avoid sharp temperature differences, take care of the flower from drafts.
The best option for Beloperone is ready-made mixtures that provide all the necessary nutrients. If you prepare the soil with your own hands, stop the selection on the ground mixture from sand, peat, delicate, leaf land (recommended ratio – 1: 2: 1: 2). Soil should not be alkaline, very acidic.
The flower appeared in warm countries, so it will be necessary to provide a sufficient level of humidity. Moisturizing can be ensured using a spray gun. Moisturizing the flower you can every day, but it is better to do it no more times a day. Do not overcoat Beloperone, otherwise fungus will appear on foliage and shoots.
In warm seasons, watering should be quite abundant, however, it is not necessary too much to zeal. It is time to understand the flower to water again, it will be possible by the soil: it must face a little. Overgrowing, remove the excess fluid as soon as possible.
In winter, the plant needs to water less often, however, should be avoided.
On the surface there should be a slight dry crust: so you will understand that the soil is time to moisten again.
For watering, Beloperone cannot be used cold water: its temperature should be room. If you do not follow this advice, the plant may get sick or even perish.
From March to the beginning of autumn, the plant will need to additionally feed. Thanks to the feeding, the flower will begin plentifully blossoming, it will be beautiful and healthy. In the summer, spring seasons, Belopeerone should be picked up twice a month, at a temperature of less than 18 degrees of heat – monthly.
For Beloperone, any fertilizers for plants that bloom in apartments are suitable.
Suitable tool can be made independently: prepare high-quality mineral fertilizer, then dissolve it in water for watering. This fertilizer can be used to moisturize the land, instead of ordinary water.
Since Beloperone is growing rapidly, this flower will need to trim. Will have to regularly pinch it, remove unnecessary shoots. So Crown will become the most aesthetic, and moreover, new buds will appear from time to time. In early spring, carefully remove part of the most advanced plants (approximately half of the length). The tops should be segged when Beloperone is actively blooming.
Beloperone is multiplied with cuttings (processes) and seeds (bones). Seeds can be planted for 60 days, and with cuttings this plant is breeding almost all year round.
Seed shoots are best received in February-March. The sun during this period already shines quite brightly, but does not burn, so the leaves of young plants will not harm.
Optimal air humidity and favorable temperature regime can be maintained using glass or polyethylene cans.
It is recommended to use light soil from perlite, delicate and leaf land (proportion – 0.5: 1: 1). The crown can be started to form already after the transplant of the seedlings to the usual soil.
In this way, Many flower generations will be multiplied by Beloperone: this process does not require much time and effort. For landing, you can use processes left after spring trimming. Usually the young plant begins to bloom in about 6 months after landing.
If you want it to happen to spring, you can cut off and plant cuttings at the beginning of the year. If you do it only in spring, Belopeerone will bloom only by next year.
For reproduction, cuttings are suitable on which there are at least 2 sheets. It should be borne in mind that cuttings should be quite long: from 12 to 15 cm. The trunk must be disadvantaged. Roots can appear both in the substrate and in water: usually takes place for several weeks.
For the cultivation of Beloperone from a cutlets, it is necessary to use a mixture of perlit, sand and peat (0.5: 1: 1). And in the first, and in the second case, it is necessary to disinfect the soil: to supply it in the oven or disappear.
Diseases and pests
Beloperone is characterized by increased resistance to various negative impacts, however, sometimes problems still arise. Usually this flower suffers from such pests.
- Aphid. The leaves begin to curl, lose color, and young shoots become curves. To overcome the TRU, you can process the plant with a solution of pyrethrum or soapy water. In particularly severe cases, the “phosbecide” or “accomplish” should be used.
- Bellenki. They arise on shoots and sheets. To identify these pests, you need to shake the plant: a characteristic swarm will rise from it. With blonde can be struggling with the help of “Decisoma” or “AcTellica”.
- Red cobweb tick. Because of this pest, the foliage acquires a yellowish tint. At the bottom of the sheet there is a characteristic silver cobweb. In preventive purposes, it should be periodically rinsed by Belopeerone, applying ordinary water for this, as well as get rid of dead leaves. Aktellik helps to get rid of the tick.
During vegetation on a flower, brown spots may occur, foliage can start rapidly faded. This usually means that the plant is incorrectly caught: for example, somehow they do not so much. At elevated temperature, scarce lighting bracts begin to pale. With overly close tanks, the lack of useful elements with Beloperone will be the leaves.
Review Belopeerone Drip Looking below.