Ampel Begonia is considered one of the most beautiful colors. She is very loved by flower, because it can be decorate not only window sills, but also use for the decor of a garden or arbor. The material of this article will tell what it happens, and how to properly care for her at home.
Ampel begonias include many varieties of colors that combine the length of the shoots. During the flowering period, these plants are covered with flowers, looking down. As a rule, the plant has same-sex flowers that bloom quite actively and abundantly. Their color may be the most diverse, depends on the variety. Ampel Begonia refers to the class of tuber perennial plants, featuring juicy stems and spotted oxmetric leaves. Depending on the variety variety, the height of the plant stem may be 20-60 centimeters. In this case, the length of the leaves may vary from 10 to 20 cm.
Despite the fact that it blooms every flower no more than 10 days, the plant is considered to be a long-term. This is explained by the fact that after the filmed new flowers blooming. Therefore, with proper care, flowering at home can continue almost all year. However, the plant needs and alone, and therefore in the winter it is necessary to rest. Flowers may differ in size, which depends on the variety. As for color, they can be peach-pink, pink-white, orange, white, red, red-orange, yellow and darkly. The color of the leaves is dark and light green, they have carved edges and pointed top. And leaves and flowers hang out of pot down.
To date, flower products allocate several most interesting varieties of ampel begonias, through which you can decorate the interior of the house and gazebos. Each type has its name and features.
- “Bellemponia” – Ampel Begonia with a large terry colors of dark red or yellowish color. Has several varieties, blooms more than a month, flowers hold firmly. Differs high resistance to diseases and pests.
- “Chanson” – A variety with semi-world and terry flowers, characterized by a camelide form. Bustic consists of five – eight shoots. Plant allows growing in the open ground.
- “Venus F1” – A variety with long shoots and blossoms up to the most frosts. Picking to watering, the size of flowers – 6 cm. The beauty of the terry colors of pink-white color.
- “Alkor” represents a kind of fleshy escapes and saturated leaves. This species is distinguished by flowering from May to October, actively responds to the feeding of mineral and organic fertilizers. Formal shape Camelieval, color varies from the middle with pale pink to salmon.
- “Hip-hop” – ampel mixture with flower size from 6 to 8 cm. Is a hybrid with terry and semi-world flowers. The length of the stems reaches 40-45 cm, the plant loves fertile soil with a slightly acidic reaction.
- “Carmen” – a variety with dark red flowers and hanging shoots up to 40 cm long. It has a fast-growing magnificent greens, looks good in the hanging porridge, a vase on the leg or a basket. Suitable for planting on the flowerbed, like decoration of the veranda, gazebos, and even terraces.
- “Illormarenichn” It is distinguished by an abundance of buds that bloom into beautiful terry flowers of white and cascade are descended by thin stems. It has a tuber root system, long and thin shoots, and the leaves of the average size of the asymmetric shape.
- “San Danser” – A variety differing from other varieties of ampel begonia with a large number of colors. Perfectly goes, and also quickly fills baskets or other suspensions, forming cascades of flowering buds.
- “Chardonna” – A variety of “Bellendle”, which belongs to the latest series of ampel begonias. Incredibly beautiful and large variety, blooming to late autumn. Differs in the formation of colors at the level of the fifth-sixth sheet node.
- Soft Orange Also relates to the “Bellendle” category, is distinguished by bright orange coloring terry colors. In comparison with other types of ampel begones, the variety is considered expensive.
- “Pink” grows up to 30 cm long, has thin stems and leaf of gentle-green. Bright pink flowers, small, quickly hang down, like stems. Designed grade for suspended porridge and baskets.
The cultivation of ampel begonia is a cottonish occupation, especially if you consider that the stalks are very gentle and fragile, it reacts to any climate change. Therefore, it will have to follow not only behind the illumination and temperature regime, but also for the choice of proper soil.
Choose a substrate
Seying begonia should be in a substrate consisting of a mixture of sand, leaf land and rods in ratios 1: 4: 1. If possible, you can buy a special soil for begonias in a flower shop. I need to hold sowing at the end of January, so the substrate can be taken care of in advance, having prepared its components in the fall. Other gardeners, taking into account the durability of flowering, plant begonia in February. Ampel Begonia likes nutritious and loose land. Before planting it, the soil has fungicide.
We pick up the tubers
Getting Started, it is important to understand – a high-quality instance of the plant will increase in the event that it was originally planted a large and healthy tuber. Therefore, the selection of landing material should be approached with special care. For example, you need to choose a healthy tuber in a flower shop, the diameter of which will exceed 3 cm.If you plan to grow an ampel beauty with small flowers, you need to pay attention to the peeled copies of the tubers that the seller offers.
They should not have spots or any damage. In this case, the surface of the planting material should be dense. In addition, there should be no damage to the kidneys themselves, which look like a tuber tubercle.
Preparing landing material
Before planting tubers in the prepared land, they need to withstand the lower (serving) side on the tissue moistened in the water. If desired, it is possible to replace the fabric with conventional moistened sand. To prevent the loss of the tuber, it will have to be periodically moistened with water or sprinkle with a solution of “epina”. With the appearance of tiny roots from the kidneys, you can start landing.
Getting Started by landing, you need to prepare a capacity: a pot is wide and shallow. It is extremely important that in it there were drainage holes for the flow of excess water. Before pouring the land into the container, the Drainage layer is placed on the bottom. You can use the crusted shards and clay. It is important that the soil is breathing. Immediately before the landing itself, it is necessary to moisten the soil by sprinkling it from the sprayer. It is impossible to pour it excessively – it hurts the tubers. Planting the tubers need the side down where the roots appeared. After that, the tubers are sprinkled with earth, but do not close them on top. This can be done only after the appearance of sprouts.
Ampel begonia – a capricious plant, it is demanding that a certain temperature regime. For comfortable growth and development, he needs the temperature in the room does not exceed the mark + 18-20 degrees. If necessary, it can tolerate some time and a slight decrease in temperature. During the flowering period, the temperature may increase a little (maximum up to +25 degrees). In the summer period, the plant can be made on the veranda, loggia or balcony. But at the same time it is necessary to remember that fragile stems, like flowers, may suffer from wind.
Plant dies with low air humidity. It is advisable to put the flower where air will be able to moisture. You can place a flower next to the peat pallet, which systematically moisturize. In other cases, you can spray the air around the flower, trying not to fall on the leaves and flowers. In the heat you can not allow dryness of air.
Watering Begonias differs from other plants. While the tuber only landed, it is impossible to pour water on it. Watering the flower is needed moderately, because from the oversupplication of moisture, the tubers will start racing. However, it is impossible to overcover the earthen command too – this leads to the death of the plant.
You can not water begonia too cold water. In the summer it can be put on the street so that it gets it natural. From time to time you can spray the leaves with water room temperature, removing the plant from the windowsill. Water flower you need to closer to the edges of the pot, using waste water for this.
Regularity of watering depends on the time of year. In summer, watering should be more frequent, closer to winter its multiplicity and volume reduce. Watering the plant is necessary when the upper layer dries. At this time, flowering will no longer be, however, the leaves with regular watering will look like juicy and alive. It is impossible to put a plant close to the radiators for the winter, because the substrate will dry up the faster.
Begonia Ampelnaya is considered a light-affiliated plant. Therefore, it is necessary to grow in a bright room, but in the sun it is impossible to put a pot with a flower: direct sunlight can cause bores of leaves. Lighting should be scattered and soft. In case of lack of light, leaves can fill up. Despite the fact that the flower is literally filled with stems and flowers, it is afraid of wind and drafts. Therefore, put it in such places is unacceptable. In order to preserve aesthetic attractiveness, it must be moisturized. Can water the plant and directly into the pallet. The ideal condition for the growth and development of Begonia is light half.
If the flower will test the shortage of sun rays, it may not bloom at all. It is necessary to grow it at home in a place where Nezarko and not windy. During the period of bloom, it is desirable to feed begonia. From this plant blooms longer and abundant (for example, flowering can last from May and until November).
However, despite the fact that liquid or complex fertilizer can be applied as feeding, it should not be nitrogenous. Such nutritional complexes provoke the growth of leaves, due to the colors simply, there is no strength to disclose and flowering. On average, resting period is a little more than three months. At this time, it is unwanted to touch the plant, only to moisturize it.
How to keep in winter?
In winter, begonia stems can be pulled out. So that the plant reiterates in the spring in the spring, in February, the stems are cut, leaving 4 of the 4 intercity on each of them. Sometimes wintering at home is accompanied by the intake of the above-ground part of the plant. An unetebled average man may seem that the flower died, however, in fact it is not. In this case, Begonias need peace, and she simply fell “in a hibernation”. Therefore, the tuber container should be removed into the cool place where the order temperature is supported +15 degrees. From time to time you need to moisten the soil and make sure that it does not drive. No need to remove the tuber from the ground and all the more cut the rest (not dead) overhead part.
Modifying ampel begonia with tubers, cuttings and seeds. At the same time, the most time consuming is considered the last. Seeds of plants tiny, and therefore, when landing need special attention. Sowing them in advance prepared and moisturized substrate not blunting. After that, the container is covered with polyethylene film and remove for germination.
Instead of film, you can use transparent glass. Keep sowing under the glass you need until the first dive. All the time of germ, it is important to ensure that the land in the tank does not drive. It is possible to moisturize the sprouts through the pallet, pouring warm water into it. Picking can be carried out at the stage of the appearance of two or three leaves.
To multiply ampel begonia with cuttings, it is necessary to separate the deciment meters of overwhelming plants, putting them into the water until the formation of sprouts. After that, they are transplanted to the ground, which knows how to 5 pieces in one pot. If you want to try the method of breeding with tubers, you need to cut a small part from the tuber, on which two or three kidneys should be located. Next, it is necessary to treat it with powdered thicker coal or colloid gray. After the tube parts with the kidneys get angry, they can be planted in pots by the traditional scheme considered at the beginning of the article.
When growing begonia, you can face such troubles as diseases and pests. For example, you can see that Begonia has dropped the leaves or they coil. Note the most common problems.
- Sometimes leaves and stalks of the plant amazing gray rot, from which they start rotting.
- If whitish raids appear on the leaves, it says about the defeat of the begonia of mildew.
- If the disease is manifested from the bottomside of the leaves, it means that Begonia is sick with bacterial spot and it must be treated with a special drug.
- You can cope with a phon and a blonde by spraying using a drug to get rid of a particular pest.
- If a red cobweb tick attacked on the plant, the leaves are twisted and covered with yellow spots. Need to treat a plant with a system insecticide.
- If the soil is scrambled, you need to pay attention to the container. Begonia has a surface root zone, a pot must be low, but not low.
To avoid sowing difficulties, you can use when landing granulated seeds. They are equipped with a nutritional shell, due to which is larger and more convenient for landing. And it is possible to plant them in peat pills, which eliminates the need for mandatory dive.
Examples in the interior
We offer to refer to the examples of the photo gallery, clearly demonstrating how ampel begonia can change the perception of space.
- Fresh greens and terry flowers make an atmosphere of life in a small space.
- White begonia flowers are able to harmoniously fit into the interior of any stylistry.
- The design of the room, complemented by alive flowers, looks beautiful and harmonious.
- Bright colors are able to make the atmosphere of the room truly cozy.
- Gentle terry flowers with fresh greens can rightly name the best accessory of the interior composition.
- Begonias in suspended chests can decorate the veranda.
How to properly care for the ampel begonia, look in the following video.