Allamanda is one of the most beautiful flowering plants that has, in addition to the magnificent decorative, also therapeutic properties. Frost intolerance makes it impossible to grow in street conditions of our climate, but as a room or greenhouse flower, the plant feels quite comfortable.
Description and features
ALLAMANDA is an evergreen perennial, which refers to the family of courtyards. In fact, this is a lio-like or shrub plant with shoots that are flexible. Allamanda brought from American tropics. It should be noted such distinctive features as:
- The height of the shrub plant is up to 90 cm, lio-like – a little higher;
- Cereal elongated steam leaves, juicy green colors, glossy surface, liquefit;
- Pipe-shaped inflorescences are 5 petals;
- Flowers size – from 8 to 12 cm;
- Possible shades of blossoms are pretty deep, bright: pink, yellow, cream, white;
- Inside the stems is milky white juice;
- Plant poisonous everywhere
Varieties and varieties
There are quite a lot of types and hybrids of this representative Flora. Flowers highlight several most common plants.
- Allamanda Mahova. The appearance of the inflorescence resembles a rose. Twisted petals have a pronounced terry structure, are not smooth, with waves on the edges.
- Allamanda laxative. A fairly common look, it goes, can grow very high, up to several meters. Naked, with a bulk only at the bottom of the shoots, elongated-oval foliage. Large leaves. Flowering yellow with golden sampling and snow-white base have a tubular view. In cultivation has many varieties.
- Allamanda noble. It is similar to the previous variety, but is distinguished by foliage in the form of a lancet and a shade of shoots – reddish. Top of leaves sharp, bottom fluffy. Bloom yellowish, large, with pronounced fine aroma.
- Allamanda Genderer. It differs from the fellow in view of the high growth rate and dense foliage, thickened type, with leathery cover. It is collected by her foliage of 3 or 4 sheets. Orange shade bloom with yellow and bright divorces.
- Allamanda Grandiflower. Differs in pink-shaped large lemon flowering. Inflorescences are pretty plenty, lancet leaves, shoots go.
- Allamanda yellow large-flowered. Grows slowly, shoots go so that you can raise the type of ampel plants oval leaves, fine. Blossom Bright yellow with lemon tone.
- Allamand Schotta. This is a rather fast-growing plant. Fluffy shoots, beard twigs. Wide leaves formed by 3 or 4 sheets. Flowering yellow-brown, striped.
- Allamanda violet. Refers to slow-growing types. Elliptical foliage, published, connected by 4 sheets. Blooming gently purple, inflorescences are connected by 2-3 flower.
Homemade blooming of capricious beauty requires painstaking work and care. Tropical guest requires heat and very high air humidity. If you have a winter garden or a greenhouse, you will handle the task. If you breed Allamand under normal living conditions, additional leaving procedures will be required.
This does not mean that you need to abandon trying, you just have to organize care more carefully.
Before starting a plant, consider it location, lighting. Allamanda needs a lot of light, so the best option is the windowsill on the sunny side. And it should stand in close proximity to the glass, in no case do not remove the plant from the windows, it will quickly wage.
Love for the Sun is combined with a flower with the fear of drafts, so be careful with air.
The autumn and summer period is the most comfortable for the plant, the air temperature in the room, as a rule, suits it. In the off-season temperature begins to reduce from +18 to +15 degrees in winter.
Moisturizing and subordinate
Like many tropical plants, during the growing season of Allamanda loves a lot of moisture. Watering in the spring and summer should be abundant. It is necessary to ensure that the soil is not dry, but also did not overlook, otherwise it will negatively affect the root. Gradually cutting watering from autumn so that it has become moderate to winter. During this period, the soil should have time to dry from irrigation to watering.
Air humidity is one of the main conditions for healthy development of Allamanda. It is desirable that in the room where it is located, there was a hygrometer. It will allow you to follow the level of moisture, which should not be descended below 60%. The plant loves water procedures, so as often as possible spend the flower spraying in the spring and summer. It can be done several times a day. In addition, periodically arrange a tropical beauty procedure for moisturizing on the pallet filled with clay, pebbles, moss or other humidifier. However, water dishes should not touch the bottom. In winter, spray the plant can be sprayed several times a week.
We must not forget about feeding plants in the period of spring-summer growth.
It is necessary to buy any universal fertilizer in special markets and conduct a procedure once a month. Divide the tool according to the instructions. Cutting the cookies is made after he blews. Shoots cut around at half, remove dry flowers. During the year, dry or weakened shoots are removed.
Optimal Time for Green Pet Transplantation – Spring. A plant that has not reached maturity is subject to this procedure once a year. Ripe shrub needs a transplant 1 time in 2 or 3 years. Very important moment for landing and transplants – correctly selected soil. It should be loose, well-driving air and quite nutritious. The soil is acquired in the finished form or prepare independently, connecting the following components:
- part of the wood ground;
- part of the peat;
- two parts of the leaf land;
- two parts of the ground;
- Hollow sand.
All components are carefully laid out, after which the transplant. If you just bought a plant, it is desirable to immediately transfer it to a nutrient soil. Locking algorithm Next:
- The pot must be a little more than the previous one;
- The drainage layer is required at the bottom, it is formed from any material: foam, pebbles, broken bricks, clay;
- Then the small part of the soil is suited;
- The plant is withdrawn from the pot as neat as possible, the land from the roots is completely removed;
- It is placed in a new container in the middle and falling asleep soil;
- The substrate next to the stem carries out;
- It is necessary to moisten the soil.
Diseases and pests
Despite resistance to different types of diseases and insect attacks, you must pay attention to Signs that indicate a flower impairment.
- If the neck of the rhizomes begins to rot, This indicates the oveurgement of air and soil. It is necessary to carry out treatment with the drug “Fungicide” as soon as possible.
- When shoots are lengthened, The stalks are overly stretched, and the foliage becomes pale and faded, it is worth paying attention to lighting and feeding. It is likely that the flower lacks nutrients and lighting. You need to feed the flower, as well as ensure its stay in the sun.
- Flower began to dump – It should be checked if it was not transferred, it was not too intensely watered. Similarly, the plant reacts to drafts.
- Insect attacks are quite rare, but happen. If you have noticed the invasion of the whiteflies or a web tick, conduct therapeutic measures. It is necessary to arrange a plating a warm shower and treat special means – insecticides.
The seed algorithm looks like in the following way:
- Optimal seedling – February or March;
- Previously need to be treated with manganese solution and wash seeds;
- planted them completely dried;
- The soil should be lighter, the disembarkation is made not closer than 3 cm from each other;
- on top everything sprinkled with sand and sprayed;
- necessarily premises for polyethylene to create greenhouse conditions;
- Provide bright light of scattered type and temperature range from +22 to +25 degrees;
- Every day, the seeds need to be ventilated, periodically moisten the ground;
- The latest period of the appearance of sprouts – 6 weeks;
- After that, seedlings should be without shelter, but it is necessary to do it gradually so that the shoots are used to;
- As soon as the leaves appear at least 3 on the escape, the plant is planted into separate dishes and is grown before landland
Shining is carried out by cut in the spring escapes, widespread species. Maintenance The rules of this method is as follows:
- Choose a cutter with a length of 10 cm;
- Flowers are recommended to process stimulants: a solution of succinic acid, “heteroacexin”, “corneus” or “zircon”;
- Prepare a mixture of soil from peat and sand, land the cuttings;
- from above Place the bottom of the cut bottle of plastic;
- Make sure that the lighting is scattered, the temperature kept within + 22- + 25 degrees;
- Every day, carry out the cuttings, regularly moisturize the soil;
- The appearance of foliage signals that rooting occurred;
- You can safely plant in a separate container.
More information about Allamanand See next video.