The best home interior decoration is indoor flowering plants. But that they grow beautiful and healthy, they need to ensure the right care. In this article, we will get closer with indoor blooming plants and learn how they need to be careported.
Types and varieties
There are so many different types of indoor flowering plants. Among them are both hanging, and high, and compact, and large, and perennial specimens – species diversity is striking by wealth.
Among the indoor plants there are many subspecies that differ not the longest flowering period. Most of these crops bloom not more than 1 month. Many of them are blooming in August or in September.
- Camellia. This is a beautiful room plant capable of becoming a spectacular interior decoration. However, it must be borne in mind that the specified culture has won the glory of a capricious and demanding green pet. Flowers Camellia from November to December. This plant is very bad to carry dryness and too warm air. In such conditions, blooming room pet risks seriously sick.
- Indian Azalya. These are charming flowers, the flowering of which falls at the end of September. Blooming bushes outwardly very similar to the charming air cloud. Indian azaleas require compulsory pinching of young shoots, otherwise their flowering time is reduced even more.
- Cyclamen Persian. The specified handsome can delight with its bloom only in the period from the fall in winter. It is recommended to post a pot with a culture under consideration on a cool windowsill with scattered lighting. In such conditions, cyclamen can please the owners with more abundant and rich bloom. Watering culture can be exceptionally soft water from the edge of the pot so that it does not get on the leaves or the tuber of the plants.
- Hyacinth. This is a very beautiful, spectacular plant that is hard to not pay attention. Hyacinths love many flowerflowers, but they bloom no more than a month, and often for this period only 10-14 days are given, which is very little. The plant under consideration refers to the Sparazhev family, has a bulbous rhizome, as well as a straight and short stem. Differs in neat linear sheet plates.
- Croton. Decorative plant has poisonous juice. It is very bad to carry watering with cold water, as well as drafts. Differs not to the most attractive blossom.
Moreover, the emerging inflorescences take away all the necessary elements from Croton, which affects its appearance.
Most of the flower water (both beginners and experienced) are still more often chosen for growing long-growing cultures. Such plants are pleasing to the eye longer, and many of them belong to the group completely unpretentious and not demanding.
- Spathifylum. Otherwise, this plant is called “Women’s Happiness”. The culture under consideration can please the owners of blossom several times a year. The duration of this process is usually from 1 month and can reach 6 months. Pet is unpretentious in care, so many flower products are chosen for growing, not loving too capricious types of houseplants. “Women’s Happiness” is often used to decorate not only residential premises, but also of various offices and offices – the flower fragile fits into any atmosphere.
- Begonia beautiful combing. If you want to decorate the interior with a spectacular and colorful plant, you should look at the elegant beautiful begonia. Usually the flowering of this adorable plant continues from the beginning of summer and until the autumn, but there is a lot of ways to extend this life stage of the flower. Begonia Pepper Beautiful Boots of various warm shades, rejoices of the owners and their guests. If we water the begonia correctly and make high-quality feeders in a timely manner, it can bloom throughout the year.
- Anthurium. This is a truly chic indoor plant having large leaf plates with a glossy surface. Flowers of culture are very similar to small hearts. Subject to the right leaving the anthurium is able to successfully bloom all year round. The flower requires constantly moistage soil. He feels well in the shade, but it is better and faster develops in conditions of southern or western windowsill.
- Balsam. Gorgeous interior decoration can be handsome balsam. He can also bloom year-round. The plant loves good lighting, but in no case should the straight sun rays go on it – they can seriously harm the flower. Balzine loves moisture and not only in the soil – it is allowed to spray with water of leaf plates of the plant, especially if it is hot and sultry outside the window.
- Geranium. The famous classics of all windowsill is this unpretentious plant. Geranium does not require complex and specific care, loves light (within reasonable), as well as abundant, but not too frequent watering. Ideal temperature conditions for this popular pet are in the range from +8 to +25 degrees Celsius. With good care, it always flowers. The flower grows perfectly on the street, so with the onset of the summer season, the pot with geranium is recommended to be made to the balcony, loggia or garden. If you lack modest home plants with small flowers, it is worth seeing to this beauty.
- Koller. This is a very beautiful and motley plant whose flowering usually continues from July to November. Green pet looks interesting, but it is unpretentious in matters. The plant loves a high level of humidity, but its leaflets can be sprayed with water in no case.
Pots with this flower should be put only in water pallets and clay.
Among the bedroom blooming plants there are so many spectacular ampel substitutionally distinguished by beautiful appearance and delicate paints. We will get acquainted with some popular representatives of this type.
- Bell. Many people love to engage in bells very much because they differ in gentle and attractive appearance. At home, in most cases, an equalissious flower is grown. Culture loves to be in place with sufficient lighting.
- Dipteracatus. Beautiful ampel culture, distinguished by a cute and neat appearance. Dipteracatus is a low, almost sparing, semi-staple. Flowers of this green pet can be painted in white, pink or purple strip.
- Alsobiya. Spectacular and elegant ampel plant, which looks particularly beautiful if there is in fashionable pendant porridge or baskets. The flower is characterized by the presence of a large number of small “mustaches” on which leaf outlets grow. Alsobiya very easily multiplies at home.
- Lobelia. This is an elegant plant, ideally suitable for northern balconies. Refers to the family of bells. It has very beautiful and gentle flowers-bells of blue or blue color. Typically, flowers grow compact – no more than 2 cm.
- Tradesska. Wonderful ampel flower, perfectly feeling at home. Plant boasts rapid growth, high decorative qualities, simple agricultural engineering. It is not difficult to care for this flower – even the novice flowerflower will cope with this. But it must be remembered that the TRONESCOTION is moisture, it is easy to form the crown formation and is very quickly rooted.
- Campanula. Popular flower among gardeners, characterized by attractive flowerflowers of flowers – blue, white, lilac. Campaundul has a lot in common with the bell.
- Purple retreat. Another spectacular ampel type representative. This is an evergreen perennial, whose shoots can be wrapped up to 1 m. The flower is indoor, has wide sheet plates up to 10 cm long. The front side of the leaves is characterized by a purple tinge with the edge. This pet is blooming for quite a long time – from the middle of spring and until the end of the summer season. Inflorescences have small sizes and are characterized by pink-purple color.
- Basella. Unusual indoor flower, characterized by high decorativeness. In vivo, it grows in the United States, India, New Guinea, Africa. In another Basella called “Malabar Spinach”.
This is a liana that prefers warm conditions. Has egg-shaped sheet plates, but there are heart-shaped leaves with pointed ends. Grow to 12 cm.
For dark rooms
Among the bedroom blooming plants there are a lot of challenge subspecies. Consider some of them.
- Aspidistra. This is a shadowed room plant. In the dwelling it is recommended to exhibit away from other indoor crops. Growing the plant in question, you need to remember that it must be protected from direct sunlight. Most often the culture is located away from the window, but in a deep shadow aspidar should not be removed.
- SENPOLIA. Second name – Uzambar violet. This plant needs sufficient lighting, but the straight sun rays can seriously harm, leaving noticeable burns. It is best to keep the flower in light half.
- Clivia. Another shadowless plant that feels well in room conditions.
As in many other cases, the clivia needs to be well protected from the ingress of direct sun rays.
We will get acquainted closer with some tree houseplants.
- Yucca. An interesting tree plant that blooms in the summer season. Refers to the family of agave, comes from subtropics. Adult plant is very similar to the palm. At home, height can reach 4 m.
- Aralia. This is an evergreen perennial. In height can reach 1.5 m. It has large leaf plates of a rounded structure. Glossy foliage, has an attractive light green color. Aralia loves bright lighting, but it feels best in cool and well-ventilated premises.
- Rape. Relatively small, especially compared to the above-described specimens. The average height of this tree-like pet reaches 150 cm. Prefers good lighting, refers to the family of palm trees.
It is necessary to provide rapezu moderate watering.
At home it is quite possible to grow unusual plants of exotic types. Consider several well-known and popular options.
- Tillandia blue. Comes from the Bromelian family. Differs on a beautiful and unusual corpid inflorescence of pink shade. Differs on slow growth. Needs a moderate watering and lightweight, as well as high humidity.
- Safranne Calatea. A pretty plant, the main advantage of which is long blossom. Flowers grow on smooth blooms. The upper half of the leaflets is distinguished by dark green color, and the lower – greenish-purple.
- Staplia Pestray. This is a succulent with original spotted or striped flowers. The latter exuded not the most pleasant smell associated with many people with rotten meat. The characteristic smell attracts flies to.
Most popular colors
Most often people decide to grow different cultures at home, because they have beautiful flowers of attractive colors. Consider what types are the most colorful and spectacular.
Such interesting cultures can boast of expressive purple color:
- gloxinia – it happens painted by nature in a thick purple color;
- Brunefelia – undemanding plant with large purple flowers of dark and light tones;
- bell – This widespread plant attracts attention due to the charming blue-purple color characteristic of the Mais variety.
Many blossoms wish to post in an apartment tender pink flowers, they are able to transform the interior, making it softer and cozy.
- Dipteracatus – a bright and attractive plant, the flowers of which can be shot by saturated pink stripes;
- Milia Mile – can also be covered with flowers showing the transition from white to a pink shade;
- Echmea – an unusual decorative plant, whose inflorescences can attract a lot of attention due to the spectacular pink color (characteristic feature for Achmea Fasciata variety).
- Ginura – Interesting and spectacular home plant, numbering more than 50 species, many of which have a characteristic lilac color.
- Crocus – can have very expressive lilac flowers, which are the first spring season messengers.
- Lilies – Elegant flowers, beauty and paints of which are literally capturing the spirit, are not capricious and demanding in care.
There can boast indoor beauties with blue flowers.
- Brovalia beautiful – Magnificent low-length bush – not above 30 cm. It has dark green leaves and bright blue flowers in a huge amount.
- Flox Bowls – Bulk plant with pretty flowers, one of its kind can create a spring mood.
- Achimenes Aquamarine – Abundant flowering plant having excellent blue flowers can be grown as ampel culture.
White flowers may have lined room plants:
- Brunefelia – It can be covered with snow-white flowers, but there are also options for other colors: yellow or purple;
- Hoya – otherwise it is called wax ivy, it is a liano for which a strong support is needed;
- balsam – high plant with an elongated stem, but there are more compact hybrid subspecies.
Consider some of the best indoor plants with blue flowers:
- Lisianthus – elegant plant having spectacular patterns of blue painting flowers;
- Pierce – a charming plant with heavenly blue flowers, looks truly superb;
- Solly – modest but beautiful plant that can grow up to 1 meter.
If you have conceived to decorate the interior with bright red flowers, you should look at such interesting cultures:
- Wallota – the motley perennial bulbous type, has thin elegant leaflets, able to heat up to 60 cm long;
- Pentas – In room conditions, a hybrid of this attractive plant is grown, is an evergreen shrub, whose height often reaches 50 cm;
- Anthurium – an amazing indoor plant that has a bright and juicy color, well perceives light and does not tolerate drafts.
What fertilizers are suitable?
Indoor plants need proper feeding. For such beautiful green pets it is recommended to buy High-quality mineral fertilizers sold in liquid form. It is desirable to select such compositions that will approach a specific class of room colors. You can use potash, nitrogen or complex types of fertilizers depending on the needs and age of the flowering room culture.
Make fertilizers of one or another type required, Following the instructions that are usually present on the branded packaging with the composition.
Do not put experiments with the addition of feeding, as it may end for flowering plants very bad.
Possible problems in care
Growing at home various blooming plants, Flower can face a number of common problems.
- Dry leaves. Most often, the root of the problems is hidden in insufficient watering and drying ground either in the overall of the soil due to poor drainage.
- Plants do not flow. Usually such a problem arises for several reasons: incorrect lighting, unsuitable soil, broken flower power, poor pot, no rest period, purchase and trimming, great age.
- Fallen buds. The problem is often associated with the effect on the plant of drafts, watering cold water, too dry ground in a pot, low humidity in the room, improper feeding.
- Diseases and pests. Indoor plants may suffer from different pests and diseases, for example: rot (leads an overabundance of moisture and nitrogen fertilizers), spotty (the appearance of dead leaves), bacterial cancer (comicing on shoots and roots appear – most often the plant dies), whiteflink (small white Moth, removed garlic tincture), WLL (small insects, feed on plant juice, are removed by processing insecticides).
What to choose?
The choice of the like room plant depends only on the preferences of the owners. Pick the cultures that more like the external parameters. Pay attention to the fragrance that exuded green pets. For many flower flower, this is an important criterion. If you are not enough time, and you are not ready to constantly engage in indoor plants, it is better to choose an unpretentious view that blooms almost all year round.
If you can afford to pay enough attention to capricious green beauties, you can choose more demanding, but exotic and motley option.
In the next video, you will find a selection of the most unpretentious room plants.