Bilbergia is an unusual plant from the Bromelian family. It is worth considering its characteristic, varieties, preproduction features and care rules.
Bilbergia is the genus of evergreen plants. It is widespread as a houseplant, mainly due to the fact that it has low care requirements. Poisonous substances in the composition of Bilbergia are not observed, Otherwise, it would not be so big distribution in human homes. The height of the plant varies in the area of 70 centimeters. Blossom occurs most often from the end of spring until the middle of the summer.
The beginning of the first flowering is carried out approximately after 3 years.
Distribution in nature
The varieties of the flower exists about 60, most of which are distributed in the following countries: Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Bolivia. The exotic climate has prepared a plant to weather conditions, as a result of which it can withstand both short-term drought and short convergence.
Growing earlier in the wild, the plant received a long flowering process.
In addition, the fertility and growth of the roots area has a very high speed, so the view is quite suitable for home accommodation. Actively shipped in various regions Bilbergia began not so long ago. But the popularity of this plant helped him to break through many regions of Russia in the form of a room flower, which possesses a powerful cleansing effect for oxygen.
Among numerous varieties can be distinguished by popular trees, which are taken away almost in all conditions. These are different plants in appearance. The choice depends only on the preferences of a person who is going to breed Bilbergia. Worth paying attention to several varieties.
Bilbergia Dismissing Also wears the name “Queen Tears”. It blooms greenish-lilac flowers and reaches a height of 80 centimeters. This type of plant is most common in Russia, since transportation from another climate is most appropriate for reducing Bilbergia.
With its name, the plant is obliged to its structure: inflorescences, reaching a peak of its growth, have relatively heavy ends. For this reason, they are descended, as if in a bow, the symbolism resembles crying tears. In the process of flowering, the plant brings fruit – berries.
Bilbergia magnificent grows mainly in southeastern Brazil. It is an elongated outlet of the leaves, the color is highlighted by purple. Leaves Hard, Zipovy Edges. Transverse stripes located along the leaves are a distinctive feature of magnificent Bilbergia. Blue leaves are twisted into the spiral, the size of which is about 6 centimeters. Berries appear after the flowering process.
When choosing this variety, you need to take into account the following fact: the leaves are scattered in diameter about 20 centimeters, which can cause inconvenience. To install on the windowsill, it is advisable to preliminarily estimate, whether the magnificent Bilbergian place is enough.
Bilbergia Zelen Color
This variety is the largest in comparison with others, grows in South Mexico. It has pointed gear edges on the leaves. Color – Dark green with gray-ssy flakes on the surface.
Bilbergia Sanders has a similarity with a variety of Windows, but there are differences: from the bottom of the leaves at Bilbergia Sanders Red. From the existing species, this flower has the most multicolor shade of leaves. It has numerous dots and twists of yellow shade. And this variety is characterized by the most dense root system.
Features of breeding
There are two methods of reproduction, In addition to growing seeds.
- Reproduction by side process occurs when transplanting plants. The usual separation of the part of the main bilbergia occurs painlessly. It is best to select large-size processes and hold them about 24 hours in growth stimulants (suitable heteroacexin).
- Reproduction of leaf cuttings possible if the length of the cuttings is more than 20 centimeters. Otherwise the probability of failure is great. The roots will appear in a month if adhere to the following rules:
- Provide bright light, but without direct sunlight;
- root the soil with the addition of coarse sand;
- cover with a cutlery with a can, plastic bag or paper glass;
- Adhere to the temperature conditions of +22 degrees Celsius;
- The soil moisture should always be on average range: do not overcover and do not pour the stalk.
For favorable growth of plants, responsible care is required. When planting plants, you need to remember the following things:
- The plant does not need frequent transplants – to transplant Bilbergia is only then if it becomes closely in her pot; Then you can find a pot of large sizes and produce a transplant process;
- The bottom of the pot needs to be made with a special substrate, which contains sand, humus, soil and leaves;
- The soil is well moistened and only the plants transplant occurs; It is important not to overdo the soil when watering.
Subtleties of care
Caring for room Bilbergia, The following recommendations must be followed:
- It is impossible to allow rigid water; If the tips of the leaves began to cast a brown light – this indicates the hardness of water; It is necessary to acquire water with lower rigidity, although rainwater has been perfectly suitable;
- At home, in addition to irrigation, you can spray the leaves of the plant, which will benefit from growing;
- It is necessary to ensure scattered and fairly bright lighting;
- In the summer, you can comfortably place a plant outdoors, but save from direct sunlight and rain in advance;
- +17 degrees – optimal temperature for stable growth and blossoms of Bilbergia.
Feeding with mineral fertilizers is possible, but is not mandatory. In case of fertilizer choices, you need to remember that the plant is more sensitive in several times any other indoor flowers due to its exoticity and origin. In addition to these ways to care, there are cases when flowering stops. Most often it is due to the wrong transplantation of the plant, for example, a new pot too wide. We will have to wait until the plant breaks down, only then the flowering process will start.
Fertilizers are used in spring and summer. It is necessary to purchase special feeders for the family of bromels. It is also allowed to use fertilizers for other indoor plants, but should be reduced by double.
It is possible to fertilize 1 time in 2 weeks, no more. Experience suggests that often the owners of the plant by negligence are oversaturated with a flower minerals, which is why he suffers.
Diseases and pests
Non-successive living organisms destroy the plant. Even in room living conditions, the risk of pest appearance is high, so the daily inspection on the subject will not be superfluous. To avoid this, you should know about possible pests.
- Cobed tick can be detected by a thin web, which is enveloped by the plant. Just to notice the tick is difficult and possibly only in the event of close attention.
- Mealybug – significantly slows down the development of Bilbergia, settles on the leaves. It is possible to recognize it in light highlighting on their body: the wool formed by their organism is well noticeable with the naked eye.
- Shield – pest bodies are covered with shells, they can devour both indoor plants and garden. You can define them as discovering points on the leaves, which will subsequently grow as juice use.
- Tripses – omnivorous insects who love to enjoy indoor plants. They resemble ordinary cockroaches, but they can have wings.
The way to prevent the death of the plant is from time to time to carefully examine the leaves and the outlet with shoots for living organisms. If this is detected, you must perform the following sequence of actions:
- with a cotton waller or a napkin, impregnated with alcohol or soap solution, remove pests with extreme caution; Do not hide with insulation of parasites, as this may entail unwanted consequences to death;
- to treat the plant insecticidal drugs in the event that the pests were Chervest and Shields;
- If the plants turned out to be spiny ticks, the acaricidal solution will help to clean the infected area; Compliance with this caution is necessary for effective deliverance from the infection.
Diseases most often arise due to improper care. For example, the presence of rubbish water in the funnel destroys the organism of the plant. You should always check the presence or excess water. Understand that Bilbergia is sick, can.
- Brown dots appear on sheets, sometimes spots. This is a consequence of burns. You can fix the problem by rearring a pot with a plant in a more protected place.
- The structure (socket) of the leaves begins to collapse, fall apart. The reason most often is the lack of illumination. In order not to have misunderstandings, you need to stick to the perfect strategy of light: avoid direct sunlight, but to give sufficient light to power.
As can be seen from the description of the problems, Bilbergia is an unpretentious plant. Yes, it requires attention and timely care, but the content is not associated with regular difficulties.
The vitality of flowers at room temperature is very high, so that cases of the death of such a plant are rare. If a person likes the long flowering process, the individual color of the flowers and the unusual structure of plants – any of the varieties of Bilbergia will suit him and will delight, bringing decorative fruits in the form of berries, and will also be regularly filtered by air from numerous bacteria.
On the care of Bilbergia, see the video below.