Today it is not difficult to pick up for a schoolboy with suitable furniture of various modifications. The choice of table for a child of school age is a very responsible and serious task. Instead of classical rectangular options, many buyers turn to corner structures that have many distinctive characteristics.
Advantages and disadvantages
The furniture of the angular modification today is very popular. It is distinguished by an attractive appearance. In addition, it is quite convenient to use what is especially important for a schoolboy, which is forced to spend a lot of time at the table. Before you go to the furniture salon for this product, you need to get acquainted with its pros and cons.
Similar furniture has the following advantages:
- The angular tables have a large working surface, while the dimensions of the furniture may be small or medium; For this reason, it is very convenient for this reason;
- You can put any computer technique on such a desk, and damage to the total furniture area will not be damaged;
- Although the angular tables often look quite large, they allow you to save a lot of free square in the room, because they are put in the corner, while the rest of the space remains untouched, where the young owner of the room can put what wishes;
- There are a lot of modifications of such tables – they can have a variety of functional supplements of the type of add-ons, cabinets and shelves;
- The presence of an angular table in the room creates the effect of a more spacious space;
- The range of angular tables is represented by models made from different materials, it is possible to choose the optimal option for every taste and budget;
- Depending on the size of a particular model, two children enrolled in school can be used;
- Such furniture is universal and easily fits into interior ensembles, made in different styles, from classic to modern;
- Angle tables are permissible to equip various superstructures, shelves, boxes and cabinets, which always remains free, so you can safely talk about the convenience of applying such structures.
Of the above qualities, it can be concluded that the corner table is an excellent solution for the arrangement of the room in which a schoolboy lives.
However, it is impossible to forget that this furniture also has disadvantages, such as:
- You can only put the corner furniture in the corner of the room, it is not designed to other territories, otherwise the table can block the passage and noticeably “drag” the situation;
- Such furniture structures are far from all cases. It turns out to be placed near the window in the room, so they cannot be left without additional artificial lighting;
- Most modern angular products (with rare exceptions) are static and have no transformable mechanisms, which is why they need to be chosen in accordance with age and growth of a schoolboy; In the course of his mature, such a table can not be increased in its dimensions;
- Many modern angular tables are made from such a popular material as MDF; On such surfaces, it is impossible to lunch or make short snacks, since the specified material is not designed for such an application – it is very quickly blocked, and then it will lose the former attractiveness at all;
- If you select an angular table, designed to install a computer, then in it, most likely there will be a lower compartment for the system unit; It should be borne in mind that in the closed departments, the technique will not be ventilated, it will become overheating, which will lead to failures in its work;
- Being behind the corner table, the schoolboy will always be directed to the surrounding atmosphere with his back; This nuance confuses many young users, because in such circumstances, many people feel not very comfortable;
- As a rule, angular varieties have a higher cost than rectangular;
- Even if the corner table has small dimensions, it still can be difficult to rearranged into a new place without damaging the wall or outdoor finish.
There are several varieties of angular tables that usually buy for the organization of work space in a schoolboy room.
- Computer-type corner table. Similar models today are most in demand, since the computer equipment is present in every home. However, in most cases, such tables are designed only to work with a computer – the homework is not always convenient for them. If this model is equipped with additional shelves and retractable surfaces, then the child will be able to study.
- Desk. Such furniture of the angular structure will provide an opportunity to use a free corner in the room. This option is quite spacious. It will be able to put the monitor, textbooks, notebooks, stationery and other schoolboy items.
- Transformer. Such options are less common to the above. As a rule, they can be adjusted in height, but need to be borne in mind that transformers are more expensive than standard options, especially if made of natural wood.
- Loft bed. This modular furniture design also allows you to save the available space in the schoolboy room. In such products, a sleeping place is always located on the top tier, and the desktop – on the bottom. Of course, the attic bed can have a sofa or zone for games at the bottom of the table. The choice of a suitable modification depends on the buyer’s preferences.
- Folding / retractable. These varieties of desktops can be designed independently.
- For two children. As mentioned earlier, some species are designed to use two children. In conditions of small rooms, they are most often put along one of the free walls in the children’s.
Modern corner tables for schoolchildren are manufactured from a variety of materials.
- Natural tree. This material is the highest quality, reliable, environmentally friendly, strong and durable. It turns out excellent tables that do not have in their composition hazardous substances. However, wooden options require regular antiseptics, otherwise they will simply begin to dry or even rot. Disappoint the buyer can the cost and weight of such products. They are expensive and weighed quite a lot, so they are very difficult to move them.
- LDSP is an inexpensive and simple material. It makes uncomplicated furniture of template design. However, for children of any age, it is not worth buying such products – there are hazardous for the health of formaldehyde. Of course, you can find the table from LDSP Class E-1 in the store (this material is more secure), but when you purchase it, you must request a certificate of quality, since you may try to deceive, issuing toxic material for environmentally friendly.
- MDF. Furniture from MDF is expensive, but it looks very interesting. Tables from such raw materials can be performed in any key. Some of them successfully imitate the tree, and there are no dangerous components in their composition. However, it is necessary to consider that the MDF will not serve as much as natural wood. In addition, on this table it is impossible to eat, because with such an operation, it will quickly lose the attractiveness.
- Glass structures look very stylish and modern. They are recommended to put in rooms where teenagers live. Having similar furniture, it is worth paying attention to that it can be easily damaged, even if it is made of quite dense glass. In addition, it will often be cleaned – fingerprints remain on the glass surface.
When choosing the optimal table for a schoolchild, it is extremely important to consider the dimensions of the furniture. It is these parameters that will have a direct impact on the development of a growing body. This includes the correct formation of posture, the distribution of loads on the neck, back and eyes. Mainly, when buying an angular furniture design, you need to rely on the right posture of the schoolchild.
It is possible to determine the desired height parameter as follows:
- The level of tabletop height should coincide with the solar plexus point of a young user, which works for the design;
- The gap between the worktop and the knees of the child should be about 10-15 cm;
- elbow lowered schoolboy’s hand, which is at the table, should be located just below its plane (about 5 cm);
- The ideal length of the countertop is 1 m;
- If a schoolboy, being at the table, moves his hands on it, its shoulders should remain in the right position – and not higher, and not lower than natural height;
- At the tabletop must be located absolutely all the necessary things: books, notebooks, stationery, lighting devices; The best width of the workplace is from 80 to 100 cm, and if you plan to put a computer technique on the table, then the distance from the monitor to the eye should reach a mark of 40 cm;
- The legs of the young user must be free – the perfect size of this zone must occupy about 50×50 cm.
Tips for choosing
You need to choose a table for a schoolboy as carefully.
It is worth considering which criteria are the most important when choosing such furniture structures.
- Material. It is desirable to acquire environmental versions of wood or MDF, despite their high price. Glass products are more suitable for a neat teenager. If a model from LDSP is bought, then you need to look for an option from raw materials with marking E-1. Request a quality certificate when buying such modifications.
- Equipment. Initially, decide which configuration you want to purchase the table. There are a lot of different models on the furniture market today. For example, you can pick up a simple and inexpensive table or an improved model with add-in and transformable mechanisms. Immediately deciding with your desires, you can choose the appropriate material very quickly.
- Style and color. In this case, it should be relying not only on the execution of the surrounding interior of the nursery, but also on the floor of the child. For example, the girl is more suitable for a gentle pastel column, and the boy can come to taste and a more serious dark table.
- Quality of execution. Examine the table before buying. It should not be damage – chips, scratches. All compounds must be strong and high quality. If the table swings or makes creaking sounds when moving, it is better not to buy it – it is unlikely that it will last for quite a long time.
- Manufacturer. Contact products from famous firms. Of course, such options are not very cheap, but they are characterized by good quality.
Interior accommodation options
Properly selected angular table for a schoolboy must be placed in a suitable place, while it is worth sticking to simple rules.
- Do not put such furniture directly opposite the window. Schoolchild’s eyes will quickly get tired of annoying sunlight. In addition, the child will always want to take a look, what is happening outside the window, so it will be distracted.
- If the schoolboy is right, then the corner table is recommended to put in such a way that the light falls on it on the left side. If the child writes with his left hand, then the contrary.
- Do not place the corner in the center of the room or near the wall, because this location is not quite suitable for this furniture. As a result, you risk getting a cluttered space that looks disharmoniously. You can only put this table near the free wall in the event that two children are used immediately.
About how to make an angular computer desk for a schoolboy, look in the following video.