Orthopedic mattresses have long been honored among the best selling and healthy bedrooms. Vetex or Coyra models are particularly popular with consumers. But not everyone can afford such mattresses. Therefore, to save the budget, manufacturers offer replace natural raw materials on modern technologies and acquire an orthopedic mattress from polyurethane foam.
What is myself?
If we talk about production technology, then many it can surprise, because The basis of polyurethane foam mattresses includes foam. Learning about this, most consumers refuse polyurethane foam in favor of other synthetic materials, believing that the foam rubber is absolutely not modern technologies, and he no longer fits into modern life. But this is not so. Modern polyurethane foam is radically different from that foam rubber, to which we are accustomed and often met in the old furniture of the USSR.
The new generation of foam rubber is created taking into account modern technologies and innovative developments that give material with new qualities:
Modern polyurethane foam mattresses have a long service life and are able to replace more expensive high-tech mattresses. Some foam models produce with varying degrees of rigidity on each side or combine the main material with raw materials of natural origin, such as, coir or cork. Such experiments with fillers increase the efficiency of operation and increase the service life of the product.
Despite the fact that polyurethane foam is a completely synthetic material, he absolutely not dangerous for health, as it does not have toxic substances. That is why it is often used in the manufacture of children’s mattresses. For filler, foamed structural polyurethane foam is usually used, after it hardens, its structure is changing and formed by air filled.
Thanks to this airiness The material is resistant to rotting and different kind of bed ticks, it is practically not deformed and does not respond to moisture and temperature differences.
In addition to the usual filler, there is a more dense polyurethane foam, its price, respectively, above. Its foundations are empty cells of different sizes. They react differently to external impact, due to which the balance of softness and elasticity is preserved, and the necessary rigidity is formed. When choosing a product in the store is, first of all, study his passport. Stiffness parameters should not exceed 32 kg per 1 m3.
As for the price, then it is lower, the less density and comfort. Considering that the polyurethane foam mattresses are in the average price category for its segment, it is not worth a very much saving on the purchase. It is also not necessary to purchase products with this filler for children up to a year, it will not provide the desired degree of rigidity.
Despite the fact that polyurethane foam has air properties, It must be periodically tired and clean with a vacuum cleaner. If a stain appears on the mattress, it must be removed by household chemicals in the shortest possible time. Dry better outdoors, avoiding heating devices and open fire.
Like other orthopedic products, polyurethane foam is worth periodically turning over, changing the side. It is necessary in order to avoid the appearance of the filled dents and keep the orthopedic effect.
Pros and cons of the material
One of the main qualities of PPU mattress is an orthopedic property and a complete reduction of the form after sleep. But there are other attractive pluses for consumers:
- Good price-quality ratio.
- Resistance to rotting.
- Absolute safety filler.
- Lack of deformation and maintenance of efficiency at long service life.
- Uncomplicated care by any prickly means (including water).
- Repeats the anatomical contours of the body, which helps to ensure maximum support and muscle relaxation during sleep.
- Thanks to the correct support of the spine prevents stagnation and improves its circulation.
- Preventing breakdowns. That is why such sleeping facilities are recommended for people with overweight, underlying patients or patients after operations.
- Easy transportation. If necessary, the mattress turns into a compact roll, which will fit even in a passenger car.
But despite so many positive qualities, the polyurethane filling has its own minuses:
- Cheap models are very quickly deformed and lose the original appearance.
- Need constant care and cleaning.
- Life of no more than ten years. After the deadline, the material is destroyed and loses the initial orthopedic properties.
- The material is completely synthetic, so the question often arises – what it can be dangerous to health.
Types of mattresses and their characteristics
Like other orthopedic mattresses, PPUs are divided into spring and flawed:
- The first category includes independent spring blocks and continuous weaving springs. The first group of specialists consider more reliable and efficiently due to the fact that the springs do not depend on each other and provide better body support.
- Explosive models are filled not only by polyurethane foam, but also coconut, latex. There are models with filling from polyurethane foam crumbs and one of the varieties of PPU – Memory Form, and may also be mattresses with gel inserts. This material is also called viscoelastic PPU. The mattress with such a filler remembers the pressure of a person and repeats the shape of his body during sleep, and then slowly takes the initial species.
Also, polyurethane foam is divided by density:
- Soft (supemagky).
- Very tough.
In size, the mattresses from PPU are divided into three main types: single, double, one-and-a-half.Single and double options differ from each other only with dimensions and have increased density. Such mattresses are considered the most practical models and are suitable for long stay.
Double models differ not only with dimensions, but also density. It can be different on both sides of the product, such models are considered double sided. Some consumers replace one double mattress two, the size of which will be 190 x 80 cm. This will allow individually for everyone to choose the properties you need, but in one bed. Another type of size is non-standard. It is usually manufactured individually under the order for blocks of non-standard sizes, such as, for example, 60 x 140 cm.
In addition to the size of the perimeter, PPU mattresses are divided by thickness. The most sought-after are 10 cm products. They are manufactured by special technology, thanks to which the mattress can be washed.
In order not to make a mistake in choosing a mattress, before buying it is better to get acquainted with the reviews of buyers. We have prepared an overview of the most popular models among consumers:
- IKEA. Buyers of mattresses from polyurethane foam of this brand celebrate the most important plus – this is the price. If you choose hardness, then consumers attract more rigid models. Although the most popular is Beding. This is a single-layer mattress from PPU, which is suitable for any category of buyers for daily use. Included is a removable case that can be replaced or wrapped.
- Matroluxe. Ukrainian brand who won customer confidence. Buyers celebrate a long service life and lack of deformation, even in children’s models, as products consist of highly discovered polyurethane foam. The kit also has a removable case made of 100% cotton. This will provide complete hypoallergenicity and air permeability. In addition, buyers belong to the pluses a large selection of color gamut.
- Big Roll is a model that refers to flawed mattresses. If we compare feedback, then many agree that such a mattress is suitable for those who are used to sleep on a hard surface. Filling of the PPU of different density will provide support for the back, and the combination of wool and cotton between the filler and the top layer form the winter-summer effect. As for transportation, this mattress twisted into a roll can be conveyed from the store to the house in hand.
About how to choose the mattress correctly – in the transmission fragment “live cool!”