The bed is one of the central interior items not only in the bedroom, but also in the whole apartment. It depends on it how comfortable will be rest. To make a design saturated and provide yourself with furniture that will serve for many years, you should look at models from the wood array.
Tree is the most eco-friendly material. In its composition there is nothing that would allocate toxic evaporation and substances. This is possible only if the array was processed in production, which is rare. Safety is provided and due to the fact that the tree is easy to external processing, so there are no sharp corners and chips on the furniture.
Beds made of wood solid as possible, wear-resistant and a total of them are able to last up to two decades. Compared with them, furniture, for example, from wood plates is less durable and intended for operation for ten years. Similar beds are good and from a designer point of view, because the tree can be painted, cut out the shapes and patterns. Therefore, the furniture from the array will be easy to enter into the interior of any style, give the setting or concise, or, on the contrary, luxurious and festive. In addition, the tree is in itself nice to the touch and can give a general atmosphere of comfort and heat.
Beds with lifting mechanism are able to save the already small bedroom space.
In addition to a beautiful appearance, such furniture combines a place to store not only bed linen, but also pillows, replaceable blankets or other things. The place in the apartment is considerably limited, so additional drawers will definitely not be superfluous. At the same time, everyone stored in the departments is reliably hidden from prying eyes. Externally, the presence of the lifting mechanism does not affect the overall appearance and component parts.
Among the shortcomings of the beds of the tree, the high price of many models, especially if we are talking about noble breeds. Under poor processing on the surface, cracks, blooms and chips may appear, which reduce the service life of the entire product. In general, the weight of the furniture from the tree is greater than from most other materials. In addition, the creation of a bed from scratch takes a lot of time to consider, buying not finished products, but ordering it directly from the masters.
There are two types of beds from the massif – from solid or glued. The second category implies the creation of furniture from high-quality residues after processing the main array. According to the characteristics such products are the same, and differ only by price and manufacturing method.
Read more about beds from a wood array with a lifting mechanism you will learn from the following video.
For wood from natural material is important which source was taken. There are soft wood, such as pine, spruce, linden, and solid – oak, ash, nut. From this indicator depends on how easy the array is refusing and how long it can serve. Some breeds refer to a category of valuable, which affects the appropriate increased cost. Oak, cherry, red and ebony are counted for noble species.
Among all the available options are the most common are:
- Pine. Easily affecting, has a pleasant coniferous aroma. The most affordable type of wood, so most of the furniture of the middle segment is created precisely from this breed.
- Birch. Another type of tree. This bed has a good strength indicator. The material can be deformed from the abundant impact of moisture.
- Beech. Furniture from this material has a beautiful natural shade. Among the disadvantages – the location of drying and coating with cracks in case the room is very dry.
- Ash. Very durable and not picky tree. Flexible, and therefore beds made of ash are often decorated with elements with curved forms.
- Nut. This species belongs to the category of luxury, so the cost of furniture is high. However, the material is longer and durable, besides, he has a wide natural color gamut.
- Oak. The most durable, wear-resistant and durable wood type. Refers to valuable breeds.
Beds with lifting mechanism are single-sighted, semi-liter and double. Models per person have a width of 80-90 cm, and the length is 200-210 cm. The two-sighted beds most often have the following dimensions: 140×200 cm, 160×200 cm. Russian and US standards allow a width of 120 cm, and a length of 210 cm and 190 cm, respectively.
The largest and spacious are double model. The average size of such products is 180×200 cm, although the numbers can vary and begin even from 160 cm wide. Among the doubles in a separate category, you can allocate “Royal”, whose indicators start from 200 cm.
Despite the presence of the lifting mechanism, the beds can stand both on the legs and on the box, the podium. With the second option, the place to store things more.In total, there are three mechanisms of lifting bed:
- Twisted springs. Beds with such a lift are considered accessible, however, they have a big minus – over time the springs are wearing, they must be changed. Such a mechanism can serve about six years.
- Manual device. There is no springs in its design, so it has to make an effort. Due to the high weight to access the boxes, it is best to remove the mattress, which is problematic to do daily. Plus such a mechanism lies in reliability and durability.
- Gas shock absorber. The mechanism with which you practically do not need to make any effort. It provides a smooth and silent rise. Serve it is capable of 10 years. The only negative is the high cost of the product.
Beds made of solid wood make in different style: from minimalist to luxury classics.
The direction determines the overall appearance, as well as decor.The product may be concise, only processed in the manufacture and painted, have a small headboard and popping. But there are models with carved details, massive columns, canopy. Typically, the tree is decorated with a thread, a pattern, less often close upholstered even on the headboard.
How to choose?
For a comfortable sleep, a person is enough a bed wide in 90 – 100 cm, but for a couple, it is worth choosing a full-fledged double. The size of the bed and his style should directly depend on the size of the room. So, a massive bed of oak with columns will not fit in a small room or will steal all free space. For small premises, it is best to choose modest models.
It should be provided in advance where the bed will be put, since at least one free approach should be held to it. Lifting mechanisms open both up and in the side, which must be considered when laying up furniture. It is not recommended to engage in self-assembly of the lifting mechanism. It is best to trust professionals, since many designs are complex and improper assembly will lead to a breakdown.