When choosing mattresses for many, the main factor is to ensure a pleasant sleep, as well as maintaining the health of the back and spine. The modern market offers a large number of different options for this simple device. Prices for such products are different. A special place among models is occupied by a folding mattress, characterized by many features that attract functionality, practicality.
What it is?
When looking at the folding mattress it is difficult to find some clear differences from the usual. The main distinguishing feature, which is distinguished by the folding mattress – it consists of three connected parts connected with each other and is going without any problems. This option is perfect for receiving guests in a small apartment with a minimum of sleeping places. For the storage of a guest mattress, almost all manufacturers provide a special bag-case, and some models are equipped with straps to fix a device for sleep in folded form.
Since the popularity of this model has been growing recently, many have already managed to evaluate all the positive features of this product. Among the advantages can be distinguished by several basic:
- Such a model will become a real salvation when placing guests. At the same time, they will not feel uncomfortable from the fact that they were put to sleep on the floor. This outdoor mattress is not much different from a full bed, it provides wonderful conditions for sleep.
- Such adaptations without springs are the most compact and occupy little space even in the most close apartment.
- Ease of product allows you to easily use them even fragile girls and older people.
- Some options are designed for outdoor use, Therefore, they have additional protection against moisture, which will have to do families with young children.
- The folding mattress is quite fat, which also contributes to the location during sleep without pain. Although the thickness of some models reaches 10 cm, it does not interfere with the product to collected in a compact bag.
- There are not only “adults” folding models, but also children’s mattresses, Which are perfect for a player or crib. The soft surface will allow the baby with pleasure and without harm to health to spend time behind games or relax in a safe place.
Such mattresses are different (as well as ordinary models) and are classified for several signs:
- Types of design. Among the folding models, you can find options with a spring block or without springs. Spring structures can be equipped with dependent or independent springs. The first option is well suited for receiving guests, the price of such a product is low. Usually in such models use a spring block of the Bonnel type, in which all springs are connected by wire. The spring unit provides elasticity, and with careful use, the mattress will serve 5 years or more.
The second type of springs is quite popular at its excellent orthopedic properties. Springs in such models are in separate tissue pockets, which allows you to evenly distribute the load and protect the spine during sleep.
- Explosive models Consist of several interconnected blocks filled with material. As fillers for such models, both natural coconut chips and synthetic latex and polyurethane foam are used, and mixed fillers are possible.
Coconut filler provides maximum stiffness that is necessary for a problem back, and also differs in its durability (service life – up to 15 years), resistant to the processes of rotting, the formation of mold and the appearance of ticks. Models with filler in the form of coconut chips are hypoallergenic – however, individual intolerance is possible.
- Mattresses with latex filler quite elastic, there are no allergies from them, they differ in environmental friendliness. Such a sleeping place provides wonderful support for the whole body during sleep.
- Depending on the peculiarities of the production of polyurethane foam models may vary by hardness. The product with filling from polyurethane foam will last about 10 years, which is slightly smaller than the life of Latex products. Another minus can be considered that the material is well absorbing moisture and is not suitable for use on the street.
Combining in its products layers of coconut chips and latex, manufacturers achieve maximum benefits, wonderful orthopedic properties.
How stiffness affects the quality of sleep?
Some people when buying a mattress for sleep is looking for a model with the greatest softness. This is not entirely correct, because excessive softness leads to the following consequences:
- The softness of the bedroom surface can cause the spinal curvature, as the body during sleep is in the wrong position. Some compare sleep on a soft mattress with a dream in a hammock.
- Due to the softness and insufficient support, the body and muscle are tense throughout the sleep, what does not allow full rest.
- Uncomfortable body position during sleep can lead to frequent awakening.
However, not only the soft surface of the danger of health and sleep disorder. When choosing a rigid surface, you should also not fall into extremes to avoid the following situations:
- Excessive pressure on the hips and elbow zonemay lead to blood circulation failures.
- The solid surface is able to cause pain in the neck and lower back, who are able to break sleep.
- Hard sleeping place often leads to numbness, which also adversely affects sleep mode.
How to choose the desired model?
Take into account the following useful recommendations:
- Regardless of who is purchased for a bed (for guests or hosts), it should be approached very seriously, you need to take into account all the nuances. Choosing a suitable model, it is worth reading reviews about her or ask the familiar owners of the same product.
First, familiar will give an independent assessment of things, secondly – if you wish, you can personally test it. After walking on the mattress for some time, you can understand the feelings of comfort and convenience. In stores with high-quality goods, sellers will almost certainly allow them to lie down and test the product.
Listen to your body and focus on sensations – important moments when choosing the desired model.
- The quality of the goods should be high: Smooth and durable seams, all fillers and fabrics must meet safety requirements, and covers must be made of natural, pleasant to the touch of materials.
- If you are going to use the product not very often, it is better to give preference to average hardness – such models are universal and like many.
- The scope of the acquired bed location is also of great importance. For use in nature or in country houses it is better to choose models capable of carrying large loads and easily cleaner.
- If there are problems with the back or spine, you must consult with a specialist. The doctor will help you choose the optimal stiffness of the bedroom, and will also prompt which filler will be the best option.
- Coconut filler is recommended to acquire primarily for newborns and children up to three years, Such a model is suitable for pregnant women. In such situations, it will be more expedient to buy a double-sided mattress, one side of which is quite solid, and the other – average hardness. Such a decision will extend the life of the product.
- Going behind the bedroom, first of all, you should pay attention to the products of famous manufacturers, who managed to establish themselves from a positive side. Purchase in a dubious store can lead to disappointment.
How to choose a mattress, you will learn from the following video.