Nowadays, buy a spacious apartment, without getting into debt and loans, a person with an average salary is impossible. Therefore, most families prefer to acquire small one-room, but cozy apartments. It would seem that threesome or four times in the same room, there are practically no chance of one’s own space, but modern technologies allow you to freely live even in small apartments. One of the options for organizing a children’s and adult zone on a small area – buying a bunk bed.
Pros and cons
A bunk sofa bed allows you to organize a sleeping place for a child on the top tier, the parents can accommodate at the bottom. In the daytime, the parent site can be used as a sofa, on which it is possible to comfortably accommodate the whole family and watch TV. Consider the main advantages of this type of furniture.
- The two-story bed will significantly save space space. This option is relevant for families living in a hostel room.
- Modern models are made of comfortable materials that provide healthy full dream to all family members. Some are already sold with an orthopedic mattress.
- Currently, a wide variety of different options is offered, among which you can choose the most appropriate model for a particular interior.
- An important factor in favor of buying a bunk bed is its cost. Instead of two interior items, you will need to pay only one, which will significantly save the family budget.
From disadvantages of furniture, you can note the danger of sleeping on the top tier. As a rule, this is a child. However, modern beds have so strong and well-thought-out design that parents may not worry about this problem. The main thing – with the mind and with full responsibility to approach the selection of this subject of the interior.
The following types of structures are distinguished among bunk sofas beds.
- Stationary sofa. Represents a sofa acting on the lower tier and the bed on the top floor. The place for parents does not understand, you can receive guests, watch TV, get on day holiday. This option is well suited if someone from the guests stayed for the night. As a rule, only one person can stay here.
- Mechanism “Book”. Externally represents the same design as the standard bunk sofa bed, but at night the lower tier turns into a double bed. Sleeping space is formed by raising the seat before clicking. This is the most common option that allows you to get on the night as a child and parents. Of the minuses of the mechanism, it is possible to note the frequency of breakdowns, but this is only if the model was purchased from a dishonest manufacturer.
- Mechanism “Eurobook”. This is also quite reliable and convenient bed. The sofa in this case turns into a bed by turning out the seat and lowering the back. In fact, almost identical to the “book”, however, this kind is lower, which suits not all consumers.
- Bed transformer. In this case, the daily option is the usual, standard sofa type. At night with a few actions, this sofa is transformed into a bunk bed with two single beds from above and below. In general, this is a comfortable model for a small room, but if there are more than two people in the family, then someone will have to sleep on the floor or on the folding glass.
Criterias of choice
Going to the furniture store for a bunk bed or ordering it directly from the manufacturer of furniture, it is worth considering the following important points.
The most common raw material for the manufacture of this type of furniture is an array of wood, extruded plywood and metal. If the choice is made in favor of the tree, it is necessary to prefer birch, oak, pine, beech or ash. It is expensive, but reliable option. In the case of buying a bed from plywood, the consumer should know that this is a less high-quality product that will last long, therefore it is distinguished by the available price. Metal is a worthy choice that suits buyers and for the price, and in quality.
To correctly pick up the size of the bed, you should consider the age of households, their physiological features and planning of the apartment. Be sure to perform accurate measurements of the room and the site where the sofa bed will be located. In the store you need to measure the lower bed, if the sofa can be transformed into the bed, its length and width, and determine whether the lower tier will be in a disassembled form to be plans to be plans to be plans.
Choosing a length of the sofa for parents, it is worth considering that a sleeping place for an adult must exceed its growth at least 20 cm. Naturally, an important role is played and width. It is also important to make sure that the adult man sitting on the lower tier does not hurt the head of the bottom of the upper tier. The upper bed must be in length at least 1.7 m – it is such parameters that are recommended for children up to 14 years of age.
Perhaps this is the main criterion for which parents are obliged to pay attention. The upper tier should be necessarily equipped with high sidelights, which will ensure the safety of the sleeping child. The optimal height of the limiter is from 20 cm. There should be no open bolts, clips and other parts that can injure someone from family members. All fasteners must be equipped with plastic or rubber linings. It is necessary to check the furniture for the absence of sharp corners.
The most important element of the bed, which should be carefully examined – this is a staircase. It is important to make sure that it is made of durable material. Usually manufacturers offer products with chrome metal structures, but for children it is not the most successful option, as it has a slippery coating. It is better to choose a ladder from a tree. Pay attention to the height of steps. It is recommended to choose the type of stairs, in which the child can walk freely, and not climb up. You should also take into account the presence of strong handrails for the child.
If the sofa is used according to its direct purpose, that is, the skin will be suitable as a place for day rest. It is better to choose natural skin, such a sofa will last longer. If the price of the product plays an important role, then the option from artificial leather. If the sofa is every night to deal with the parents’ sleep, it is better to abandon the leather material, since such a texture sheets will constantly shift. Prefer fabric upholstery. One of the recommended options – velor.
Currently, there are inexpensive options that are equipped with additional features, such as folding tables, boxes, shelves. Here you can store not only school things, books and toys, but also bed linen and clothing. These additional elements do not take place at all, they can be built into the steps under the bottom of the sofa or side. By the way, the presence of additional lockers makes a model more preciously slightly, so it is recommended to choose this option.
To go to the room it was nice, it is important to harmoniously choose furniture. When choosing a sofa bed, you need to emphasize the recreation area for the child. For example, correctly, if the upper tier and the staircase will be performed in one color. This will allocate the child’s personal space. Of course, you should consider the interior already available in the room, and select the sofa bed to him. It is necessary that the furniture liked the youngest family member. It is unlikely that he wants to go to bed on a boring black bed. Most likely, the child will be glad to bright cheerful color. It is better to avoid in the design of funeral details. It is also important to abandon non-standard designs. The benefits of them are a bit, but no one guarantees security when.
It is better to choose a sofa bed with imported manufacturers, they offer a stronger design, powerful and functional mechanisms. Domestic varieties are more suitable if the budget is limited.
In order for the bunk bed with a sofa at the bottom brought joy, and the parents did not worry about the baby, sleeping on the top tier, It is important to listen to several instructions for use.
- It is better not to leave the child to sleep upstairs, if he has not yet been 6 years old.
- When choosing a mattress, the most preferred option is the model with an independent spring unit or a white-free latex design. Upholstery and filler must be environmentally friendly and hypoallergenic.
- If you put a bed into the corner of the room, then the likelihood of falling a child will decrease exactly 50%.
- Do not allow children to play on the second tier. First, it is unsafe, and secondly, nonhygienically, since children can bring dust and dirt on the bed, and breathe it at night. Upper floor should be designed exclusively for sleeping and rest.
Bunk bed with a sofa for parents is an excellent solution for arrangement of a small apartment. This option will significantly save space and will not only comfortably accommodate all households, but also to invite friends to visit.
How to choose a bunk bed with a sofa at the bottom, look in the following video.