Children’s room is a place where the baby will spend a large amount of his time. It is for this reason that this room is so-friendly and quite convenient for various purposes. These characteristics, in turn, will directly depend on correctly selected furniture items.
Bunk bed with a sofa for kids – one of the most original ideas. This is the optimal solution for families with 1 kid or large families.
Advantages and disadvantages
For oversized dwellings, where families with children live, the best kind of organization of several sites for sleep can be considered the purchase of a special bed with 2 tiers. The first floor of the design will be presented with a comfortable sofa, and the 2nd floor – the most comfortable bed for the baby.
This kind of furniture will allow to achieve several goals at once:
- save meters in a small dwelling;
- Allows you to get a creative design capable of becoming a stylish decor for any room, bring comfort to it.
The main pluses of a two-story bed with a sofa can be called:
- availability of different design options and the ability to choose furniture from various materials;
- a large range of models and color varieties;
- Wide price range;
- arrangement of certain zones in space;
- Universal use in different premises.
A bunk product with a sofa has a number of certain minuses. These include a certain proportion of danger for those who will sleep on the 2nd tier. The models released for kids have special protective devices against random loss.
This is a completely safe staircase for the 2nd floor, special sides. If there are no – this kind of furniture can be considered unsafe.
Parents need to understand that the right approach to the selection of this type of furniture for children will reduce the risk of getting injured by the baby in the process of his sleep.
The room for the children can be divided into a number of zones, then it will become the most equipped. Here we must fit places for recreation, games and sleep. If the room is not the biggest sizes, place here a real bed, a reading sofa and a gaming place will fail.
It is in this case that a two-story bed will help with a neat sofa. In this design, the role of the 1st tier will perform a convenient sofa, which can turn into a bed if necessary. Among the variety of modern models there is always an option for both 1 kid and for two children.
The sofa can exist in 3 positions:
- folded product;
- Construction with a back having an easy tilt;
- in the form of a decomposed bed.
At daytime, this sofa becomes a seat for seating, in the evening you can place guests here, and at night, sofa turns into a sleeping place. The folded sofa will help save the area of the room, the sofa with the back will allow you to equip 2 places for sleep immediately.
Models with a sofa of folding type enjoy much in demand than sofas that can not be transformed into bed.
According to the stipulated decomposition mechanism, such objects of furniture are divided into several categories.
- Classic type mechanism is extremely easy to use. To turn the sofa to a place for comfortable dreams, you just need to drop the back, and sit down ahead. But the line of relief between the folding back and this seat will be right in the center, and for this reason, without one more mattress, it will not be able to sleep on this product.
- Eurobook – can be decomposed quite easily: you just need to promote ahead, and the back itself goes to the released space.
- Picky type product: Sofa mechanically moves forward. The main plus of this design is the optimal sofa parameters when it is complicated and the perfect place for dreams when it is in the unfolded form. Sleep place is low enough, which is an excellent option for a small child.
Consider several models of such designs.
- Sofa, which is not laid out. From above – this is the bed, from below – the usual sofa. This model will easily execute the functions of a 2-zone immediately, the simultaneous existence of which will not destroy the interior of the room. But if the sofa parameters are essentially high, it will always be able to be used as a comfortable bed, 1 person can sleep on it.
- Bed where sofa can be decomposed like an eurobook. The bed, located on top, has a normal view, is located below the sofa, which can be used as a zone for receiving guests. In the evening the sofa can be laid out in a great place to sleep.
Dimensions and forms
When choosing a bed in 2 floors, you need to think about what parameters it should have to become the most comfortable place for children’s sleep. Too much product in a small room will look at cumbersome, immediately “breaks” from the interior of the space. The product can be called convenient if the consumer does not touch the top tier of the product.
It is extremely important that the kid during dreams does not appear a feeling of recreation in a closed box. The space from the 1st to the 2nd tier should be quite spacious. Ideally, in the selected product, the height regulation of the 2nd tier should be provided. This will help to avoid the manifestation of fear of the kid.
The bed on the top floor of the kit will be a full-fledged zone for comfortable dreams. Modern companies producing furniture provide the choice of consumers many bed size options for this reason You can easily choose a two-storey product under the baby at any age, any physique and growth:
- 90×190 or 80×190 cm is the usual parameters of the baby bed;
- 90×200 cm – the model is suitable for grown children;
- 150×70 and 160×70 cm – models for the smallest.
Bunk products can be of various forms, furniture designers offer very interesting solutions: direct and angular versions having lines with asymmetry, geometrically loyal and smooth lines and T. D.
You can find sofas in the form of a beautiful semicircle or even in the form of funny animals.
Another important point when buying a bed in 2 tiers for the kid can be considered the material from which this furniture is made.
Main criteria Here – Full Security and Ecology.
- The best option is 100% wood (birch, beech or oak). Pine is considered the least expensive option, which has a very pleasant coniferous aroma. These breeds of wear-resistant wood, there are no harmful components in them, and they will serve many decades. At the same time, the wood is too cumbersome, much weighs and is quite expensive.
- You can choose a design from much more pleasant in the price of chipboard, but this material will not last long. In addition, without special impregnation of chipboard is exposed to high humidity.
- But from the productsMetalbest abandon due to the high level of danger they differ.
When choosing a particular model of bed in 2 tiers, ask a consultant certificate of hygienicness and compliance. In this document, the manufacturer will list all the characteristics of its product and indicate the most important – the presence of formaldehydes in the composition. As a coating, preferate any bright paint a special varnish that does not cause allergies. Such formulations are most safe and have high wear resistance.
When choosing a loft bed with a sofa at the bottom of the baby’s room, you need to focus on the question, how it will rise to the 2nd tier.
Manufacturers offer 3 types of design:
- The staircase is metallic – externally looks more attractive, but at the same time quite slippery;
- Wood staircase is the safest and most beautiful option;
- The design of low bedside tables is excellent for those kids who are afraid to climb the stairs.
Criterias of choice
We offer to familiarize yourself with the main parameters that are very important when selecting a two-storey bedroom for a child.
- Strength. It is best to acquire massive models that will not be fused and will be as stable as much as possible. If the model is too elegant, it will clearly be unsafe for the kid.
- Safety. The second floor of the product should have a special side restriction height not less than 30 cm. This design should not be dangerous angles sticking out the details so that the kids could not get injured in a dream or during the game. The staircase on the 2nd tier is equipped with durable handrails. The crossbars of the steps on the stairs must be frequent so that the kids do not cool down when lifting. It is better to choose a bed option, where the staircase is attached from different sides of the product. It will help you choose the furniture on the configuration and size of the room. You can also choose a model with boxes installed under the ladder itself. They can be advanced, it is convenient to store things a child in them.
- Practicality. The most convenient and practical one can be considered an option in which the product is quickly folded in 2 ordinary beds.
- Design. The bed must be perfect for the interior of the children’s. It is worth abandoning the too bright colors in decorating, too fastened elements and non-standard solutions. Such models are often impractical and rather unsafe.
- Bunk beds have All sorts of overall parameters, For this reason, first it is better to make room measurements and accurately determine the place of installation of the whole design. Can be clarified by the seller – how much space the product will occupy when it is decomposed.
- If price It will not be the main criterion in the selection of beds, then in the first place it is worth putting the quality of materials from which the furniture body is made and the upholstery of its soft part.
Overview for a bunk children’s bed with a sofa You will see in the following video.