Industrial – Urban style is an atmosphere for which the abundance of free space and the presence of industrial elements is characterized. As a rule, such a stylistic direction prefers people extraordinary and creative natures. It belongs to Loft (attic, English.), characterized by courageous combinations, it would seem, absolutely non-combined elements.
It originated at the beginning of the XX century in the industrial quarterly zones of New York. The reason for the appearance of such an unusual interior image was a banal crisis. In the 40s, enterprises were within the city, moreover, the overwhelming mass was located almost in the center of the districts. As soon as the price of land increased, the owners did not remain to do, as soon as transferred their production to the outskirts of cities. Premises of workshops and plants remained empty.
Prices for such huge premises were minimal, in comparison with the then housing, which attracted their buyers. They, mostly, were the people of art and those who were not afraid of the new, and stepped up with change. In such places, workshops, exhibitions, platforms for rehearsals, offices.
Later they began to equip and accommodate. It is understandable, because in such huge premises there were a lot of space, one panoramic windows are just worth it, and the head can be spinning on the height of the ceilings. “Having tried the taste of the cake” abandoned industrialization, many connoisseurs of wonderful gave considerable money to get so cool tidbear. The result is obvious – storage facilities, abandoned plants and workshops have become elite apartments, with their unique special charm.
The example of the United States followed Europeans, and after some time the attractiveness and extraordinary sister of the loft saw and we. The design of the loft applies not only to the entire living area, but also to individual rooms. Consider examples of bedrooms presented in this popular style.
The modern bedroom, designed in the industrial style, must be primarily cozy for stay and comfortable for sleep, despite some negligence, which is inherent in the extravagant loft style. Do not forget that the feature is manifested in the freedom of space, without deaf walls and massive partitions. Air, natural light and space – fundamental postulates of such an interior.
It is relatively not difficult to create an atmospheric style, it is enough to apply several remarkable accents in the room:
- Brick walls, cement, stone. Perhaps it will be a real, unprocessed wall or similar finishing material. The essence is that it was most believable and colorful. Wallpaper under brickwork, of course, will not be appropriate;
- Open Communications (Pipes, Wires). The generally accepted opinion is that everything needs to be hidden in the box and in the walls, here is not relevant: everything is in sight, at once, without any constraint;
- not covered structural elements (beams, supports look pretty organic, bringing the dynamics and spirit of adventurism to the room;
- High ceilings give a feeling of ease and flight;
- Stairs – a typical representative of industrial space, especially if its stylistics will be presented in a rough, untreated form;
- Large windows, without curtains and curtains. The condition of illumination, in any case, must be maximum, and natural lighting for the loft must be absolute as far as possible;
- bright hues. The absorption of space is not applicable here, despite the abundance of square meters. Due to the bright finish, it seems as if the room is even more than in fact, several times;
- Heating devices (furnaces, fireboxes, fireplaces) carry not only a stylized load, but also provide a room with warmth and comfort.
All this apparent simplicity and low cost, which is inherent in industrial style, in fact, are not at all. Loft – one of the most expensive interior solutions. Of course, completing creative designs must modern technologies that, by the way, should not pay attention to. They are agreed to stay unnoticed and fulfill their functions exclusively, without excessive interest in their “person”. Weaving of modernity and modern with authentic elements – Peak of modern design.
Dimension undoubtedly matters when the room is cleaned with such a bold style like Loft. After all, he loves space and freedom and does not tolerate the absorption of the surrounding space. However, no tasks are impracticable. Square of apartments of Soviet buildings, and a modern residential foundation to a greater extent, will not be very raised. In such cases, fantasy and spirit of the experiment comes to the rescue.
A small bedroom in 16 square meters is quite realistic to equip, considering the features of the loft stylistics. It is advisable to use furniture transformer. Thanks to truly magical properties of this furniture, the space will not be lit by extra attributes, thereby increasing the useful area.
It will be a little more difficult for the owners of small bedrooms with a metration of only 12 kV. m, but here you can achieve a full presence of industrialization of past times. Of course, to realize all the elements of the style in the same room will not be able, there will be enough pairs of explicit accents.
Layout and design
For complete dive in the loft, it is necessary to correctly produce a layout and correctly issue the interior of the room. There is a lot of nuances that should be taken into account by applying a stylist solution. We will examine the types of beds.
The attic bedroom is rather unusual, due to the structure of the roof, and, nevertheless, infinitely attractive and cozy. Lovers of such exteriors we will tell about all the advantages and possible shortcomings of the bedroom on the attic. To the positive parties can be attributed:
- Space dimensions under the roof. As a rule, there is enough space, in order to establish additional functional elements. For example, a toilet or bathroom – if the place allows you to combine them and make a full-fledged bathroom. If you love privacy – library, the office will be a great solution. You can also highlight a seat under a dressing room or a small gym. Fans of flowers and plants can be advised to smash a greenhouse or a winter garden;
- Maximum flow of light. The use of a large number of windows or a pair (impressive sizes) will be perfectly illuminated by the bedroom;
- Increase the useful area. The location of the bedroom on the attic adds free space in an apartment or house;
- Roof shape. There are several forms of attic roofs and any of them will help with visual distribution of zones.
The minuses are:
- Restriction in the choice of finished furniture. In most cases, furniture is made according to individual orders so that it is harmoniously combined with the design and shape of the roof. But the finished models can also be found, however, it happens not often;
- We have to adapt. Make significant changes to the plan of the attic room hardly. The roof shape determines the main direction of layout;
- Additional insulation. Ensuring hydro and thermal insulation – a guarantor of a comfortable and safe stay, but it requires some investments.
The structural elements of the roof are of particular importance in the bedroom layout. Consider the main examples:
- Single roofing – A fairly common and simple version relative to the layering planning. Bed in this case can be placed in the window and opposite. The location of the dressing room depends on the installation of the bed.
- Gable roof – the option is complicated and the more interesting. For the storage device will have to be fantasized, since the standard cabinets here will not fit here. But with visual zoning problems there will be no problems.
- Merral roof – Spacious for decoratorism and the embodiment of bold ideas. Beat the angles, fuses and differences of the corners, make several decorative elements – and the exclusive interior is ready!
- Tent roofing allows you to divide the room into two full parts. You can arrange an adult and children’s bedrooms or additionally organize a workplace.
Any representative of the beautiful sex wants to see in it a manifestation of himself, both in the trifles and in general. Loft – enough direct style than and pleases beautiful women. The ease and smoothness of lines inherent in female nature can be presented and extravagant, at first glance, style. Air furniture, bright shades, elegant lines immediately determine the thin nature of the owner of this room.
Being in it, the brutality and nature of the owner. Massive accessories, predominance of deep, solid shades of color palette. Power and power that is about to break out of the interior and will take all around – loft, as no one else copes with their task.
For a teenager
Thirst for adventure and thrust to unknown so great that I want to plunge into the unknown world with your head. Open new horizons and vividly stand out for the loft will not work. Once in such a room, it will not want to leave him, The spirit of the rebellion and certain carelessness will be perfectly combined with young immediacy.
Zoning of the room
Even if the sleeping place does not have clear boundaries and is not hidden in a secluded place of an apartment or at home, there is nothing terrible in it, Loft will make the bedroom zone secluded and allow owners to relax in a relaxed atmosphere.
At first, it may seem that the predominances of cold shades will make an uncomfortable stay in the room, however, it is a strong delusion. Classic flowers are:
- concrete gray, in all its shades;
- terracotta – brick;
- shades of brown – the color of the untreated tree;
- white, a variety of spectra from boiling to grayish;
- gloss, as a rule, metallic;
- red, from brown to bright – strawberry;
Loft, due to its exceptional recognition, can afford to diversify the palette of flowers to infinity. Old manufactories went into the past, which means that the main colors can not be resorted to. The palette that can be in the urban style:
- And even pink.
Of course, these colors should not absorb space, but only to extol bright accents.
Registration with your own hands
Do not necessarily invite masters to create an interior in an attic style. Armed with non-good tools and several advice, you can independently implement your dream to reality. Finishing and repair will not take much time due to style features.
If you have a wall of brick, then you are incredibly lucky. Enough to clean the surface from wallpaper, putty – and designer walls are ready. The same applies to walls made of wood array. In case the material of the walls does not allow them to “show”, pretty simple techniques come to the aid. For example, brickwork can be recreated from ordinary gypsum plaster and forms. To do this, you will need the following materials:
- plaster plaster;
- bucket for kneading;
- Rake from wood, whose cross section is 10 * 10 mm;
- liquid Nails;
- 2 spatula of different sizes;
- Paint and brushes.
- We prepare the walls (clean from all over);
- We make jumpers from 6-7 cm rails;
- We glue the guides with liquid nails, pre-locating the location of the bricks;
- Swimmed by the wall we take away the diluted plaster plaster;
- After 20-25 minutes, we disconnect the guides from the wall;
- If desired, shlifuy;
- Close up of seams by the same plaster;
- Ground and Krasim.
His finish is one of the fastest and low-cost work. Also, like the walls, the ceiling needs to be released from extra materials of previous repairs, leaving only concrete. If the ceiling has cracks or other explicit defects, then it is desirable to close them with putty. The ideal state is not needed: still industrial style in flawlessness does not need it, but she doesn’t need him.
Then the ceiling can be painted with light paint. If the height allows, you can make artificial beams made of drywall or lining.
Huge window openings before the floor will be perfect, but not everyone can afford a similar redevelopment. So you beat this moment. To make more light, you need to forget about curtains and curtains. They eat gem element Loft style – natural lighting. Sunlight is designed to dissolve space.
Modern plastic profiles allow you to make a window texture under a tree or shabby metal, if you are impressed more wooden frames. Another win-win reception increase room space – contrast, compared to walls and ceiling, window. The predominance of gray, black and metal shades of window facades will especially harmonize in the room.
Furniture & Accessories
Vintage and simplicity – motto of both furniture and accessories. An old trolley was lit in the garage? It turns out a great bedside table or rack. Need a small table? Pair Pallet will fully solve this issue. Bed, sofa, bench, cabinet with open shelves – it can do everything with wooden pallets.
Lighting can also be made independently. Sufficiently several lamps in the cartridges without lampsy. TActual uncomplicated “pears” called Eddison bulbs. You can fantasize and make lamps from water pipes. To give the interior your mood, hang pictures or posters, which, by the way, can draw yourself.
It is important to remember that everything should be moderately!
Interior Ideas Real Apartments
Loft style images are multifaceted and amazed with their diversity. Rich palette of paints, various accessories will be able to change the interior of the room.
The ideas of the interior can be lighter, and can be immersed in something unknown and exciting. Whatever the Loft manifests itself, he always causes some excitement and mysteriousness.