Modern rhythm of life dictates our own rules to us, so we often try to simplify our life as much as possible, without losing the functionality and comfort. Bunk bed – a bright example. The interior in which this bed is present can be rightfully called modern, however, fashion trends in the world of furniture still suggest the presence and useful characteristics of such.
Features and advantages
The first associations come to mind – shelves in the train, there is a sleeping place over another bedroom, forming the second tier. Those who served in the army – remember the barracks, and people who travel a lot – will lead in an example of a hostel. Where did the idea of creating the second floor in bed, it is unknown. But we can say with confidence that the idea of such a design has become the beginning of the history of modern bunk beds. The initial species were ascetic models without any of the sizes and they were intended exclusively for sleep, with time the designers began to invent new models, technical functions, which, of course, attracted the attention of the buyer.
Currently, a sleeping place under the ceiling is not something strange and unusual, on the contrary, such structures are more and more preferred classic beds.
The features of bunk beds is:
- Appearance. Such furniture can be both built-in and separate. Bed can be seen right away or guess where it is hidden. One way or another, such a decision says that the owner of the bed bold in ideas and clearly understands what he needs.
- Special ceiling height parameters. In the room with low ceilings, the second floor is unlikely to post, and if it turns out, the view becomes, to put it mildly, “not very”. High ceilings – an ideal option for attic beds. To the middle height ceilings, you can also seek and equip your sleeping place in such a way that the distance between the mattress and the ceiling is sufficient for a comfortable stay.
- Specific physical training of the owner of the second tier. Not everyone is ready at least twice a day to rise and go down the stairs. Although her form can be fundamentally different. Be perpendicular to the floor at right angles or have durable steps.
The benefits include:
- Saving places. In the case when spaces are not enough – the choice of bunk bed will be, more than ever, justified. Occupying the minimum area, it will have all the amenities needed for a full rest and sleep.
- Functionality. In addition to the bed, the bed offers a storage system in the form of additional compartments for things or a full cabinet. If you need to combine it with the working area, then there will be no difficulty. The table can be placed under the bed, equipping it with shelves or boxes.
- Huge selection of forms and models. Beds can be absolutely different in functionality, designs, color – the only thing that combines them is the presence of a second tier.
- Availability. The price, of course, is important, and sometimes the primary component of the choice. The price range may scatter to incredible indicators depending on the model, material and technical characteristics of the product, but in general, you can find the appropriate option at an attractive price.
- Suitable for any interior. What style of design of the room neither attended – the bed under the ceiling will look harmonious.
Consider model beds with the second floor:
- Two-storey. Perfect for two people, and if the bed is calculated on two people, then 4 people can be placed on such a bed (two on the first floor and two on the second). Bed type resembles ascetic predecessor.
- Double place at the bottom for parents. A young family with a child, in a limited area of conditions, such a decision will only bring positive impressions. First, it is the savings of the useful space, and secondly, these are full-fledged sleeping places for all family members. As a bed on the first floor there may be a bed, but more practical to use a folding sofa. With the help of a sofa, the place during the day you can free even more.
- Double with curtains. The bed of such a plan enchants his mysteriousness and unique comfort. In particular, this is relevant when people need privacy.
- With a cabinet. Great option for bedrooms with a small area. Cabinets can be of different sizes: from small and compact to massive and spacious.
- With table. This design is mostly preferred by people business or students. The table can be located anywhere under the bed. He can also enter the design or be separate. Over the table there may be shelves or other additional elements.
- Attic. Can be called minimalist such a constructive solution. Under the bed remains free space, which is undoubtedly increases square meters.
- Built-in. It looks like this option is quite organic, especially if you need to hide the bed, then the embedding is a great idea. The bed can merge with the ceiling, and maybe the continuation of the wall. In any case, she will be a granted phenomenon.
Doubt that a bunk bed may not fit into the selected interior not worth it, there are quite a few models on the market with different characteristics and the presence of certain elements. How will a two-story bed look in different interiors? Consider frequently occurring styles:
- Classic. Clarity lines, balance and rigor. Characteristic features of classic style in the interior. Color gamma can be any calm shades.
- Neoclassicism. Modern interpretation of classics. The design of the bedroom can be in bright colors with new brave solutions.
- Modern. The predominance of deep, noble shades and bizarre forms with the addition of bright notes of adventurism distinguishes the modernist direction in the stylistry.
- High tech. Modern style of laconic shapes and metal shine, without which it is impossible to imagine this style. Modern technologies and gray gamma are inherent in this style.
- Eco-style. Nature itself settled in this interior, tree and greens – the main distinguishing features.
- Provence. Light breeze of the French meadow and a rustic simplicity in the interior will be perfectly combined with a two-story bed.
- Loft. Industrial themes, as it were, implies the presence of such a stylish furniture subject. Bed can be performed without additional elements.
- Minimalism. The attic bed will not only complement the style direction, but also directly contribute to the additional “liberation” of space.
- Pop Art. A bright interior, with an extraordinary and creative approach will be deservedly supplemented by a bed under the ceiling.
- Country. The foundation with a thin feeling of the rebellion boldly takes such an accessory as a bunk bed. The color palette of the style is calm warm tones, at the same time the bed can stand out in contrasting color or be performed in a similar color scheme.
An important moment when choosing a bed – the material of its manufacture. You can select several large groups of raw materials:
- Oak. There is a drawing in the form of a rings.
- Birch. Oval contours that are well visible are characteristic of this tree.
- Ash. The pattern consists of circles of the right form.
- Maple. Figure clear, contrast, in shape resembles a formed ellipse.
- Alder. Wood has a low-rise pattern.
- Teak. Figure in such material will be in the form of strips.
Consider the characteristic of a wooden bed.
- Safety and environmental cleanliness.
- Pleasant tactile contact.
By cons include only the high price of such samples.
Choosing a bed from pressed plates, pay attention to the accompanying documentation in which the amount of formaldehyde is indicated. As you know, this is a harmful substance that is used for the production of chipboard, DVP and MDF.
Pros of such a material:
- Easy to manufacture.
- Accessibility and mass.
The disadvantages include:
- Possible toxicity.
The advantages are:
The negative side is:
- Uncomfortable tactile contact (metal is always cold).
- Increased risk of injury.
Material that is rarely used, but there is a place to be.
- Ease of construction.
- Mobility (Easy Movement).
The dimensions are selected by the number of people who will use the bed or personal preferences.
Standard bedroom sizes are:
- Single. The width is 70-90 cm and length 170-190 cm.
- Half-sighted. Sleeping Parameters 100-135 cm Width and 180-200 cm long.
- Double-skilled. Width dimensions vary from 140 to 160 cm, standard length 180-200 cm.
- Family or eurose. Bedside size from 180 to 200 cm wide and average 200 cm long.
Individual parameters. If for some reason, standard sizes are not suitable, you can make a bed to order for personal values. Height is calculated relative to the height of the ceiling. The owner of the second tier must freely sit, being in bed, the distance from the head to the ceiling should be at least 30 cm.
How to choose a two-level model?
Undoubtedly, bed must be primarily safe. The main indicators to pay attention to, making a choice in favor of a particular model:
The main indicators to pay attention to, making a choice in favor of a particular model:
- Strength. One of the main selection criteria. The design must be attached to the wall for greater stability. Bed standing on legs without additional fasteners, can meet safety requirements, however, experts recommend to make additional strengthening.
- Having holding berth. Even an adult can fall from bed, and imagine if the height of it reaches 1.5 meters or more. Injuries can be quite significant.
- Stair design. Her choice plays an important role, there are several types of stairs (straight, with a slope, steps).
The safest is the staircase with steps, since the surface area on which the foot is resistant and comfortable. Direct stairs or under the tilt occupy less space and have crossbars that are not very convenient for unprepared people.
- Purpose. It is important to understand what you want from the bed of the second tier. Will this work zone or wardrobe, depends on the preferences and requirements of the room in which such a bed will be installed.
Modern variants of beds with the second tier are so diverse and attractive that almost everyone will find a suitable sample for themselves, to sleep on which will be one pleasure.
Bed with steps Great harmonizes with a tree. The functionality is also present in the form of boxes in the niches of the stairs. Refreshing the picture of the interior some greenery, which is located at Nici, together with books.
Bed-attack in Neoclassic style with free space under the bedroom. The staircase concisely emphasizes the individuality of this model, as it is not hidden and is an accessory in this case.
Bed transformer, which has the “hide” property above the sofa, which is undoubtedly a huge plus for small rooms. Metal legs are an additional retaining element, which meets all safety conditions.
Bunk bed with a place for adults downstairs. This option is chosen by young parents who strive to maximize the useful space in the room.
Design Solutions for Bedrooms
A bright emphasis can serve a bunk design made of metal made in minimalist style.
The bed under the ceiling with the workplace, the owner of which clearly has a creative nature: separate shelves decorated in the work area are made, decorated in one style.
Bed-attic with a wardrobe and a TV kit.
Bed in the White Interior, which can be taken for the continuation of the wall due to the bright range of the room.
Top 20 Best Bunk Beds See next video.