In modern life without printing equipment, it is difficult to do. Printers have become a necessity not only in the office, but also at home. That is why when the failure is observed in their work, it always delivers a lot of inconveniences. One of the most common causes of a bad job of the printer is the impossibility of capturing paper from tray. The causes of the malfunction can be somewhat, so before repairing you should figure it out.
The reasons for the printer failure to capture paper can be the most diverse.
- In the tray for download, some foreign object got, for example: stationery clip, button. The printer does not take the paper because he prevents him from doing it. The problem is more relevant for equipment having a vertical type of paper loading. Even the sticker, glued on the sheet, can output.
- Cause The problem may hide in the paper itself. The printer does not take the paper because of its poor quality or inappropriate density. Another problem with paper – crumpled sheets, for example, they can be bent corners.
- Software failure. Regardless of the model and manufacturer, any printer is controlled by electronics, the actions of which are sometimes unpredictable. Failure can occur at any time, and as a result, the printer simply does not see the paper. At the same time, on the device’s display or on the computer screen, the corresponding entry is reflected: “Load the tray” or “no paper”. It can occur both inkjet and laser devices.
- Incorrect paper capture rollers work – this is a fairly common inner malfunction. Rollers are often contaminated during the operation of the device. This happens for two reasons: ink sticking and using paper of improper quality.
There are other reasons why the printer has ceased to capture printing paper. In order can get out absolutely any detail. In this case, the malfunction will be able to identify only in the service.
What to do?
With some faults it is quite possible to cope yourself. If the cause of the problem is detected and it lies not in the breakdown of parts, then you can try to correct the situation.
If “Error” is displayed on the screen, then you need to try to reset the current settings. The procedure is simple, but performed in several stages.
- You must turn off, and then turn on the printer. Wait when the inscription “Ready for work” will be displayed (if any).
- Disconnect the power cord. In most models, this connector can be found on the back of the device.
- The printer must be left in such a state of 15-20 seconds. Next, you can connect the printer again.
- If the printer has two paper capture tray (upper and lower), then it is best to establish their work to reinstall drivers.
Check quality paper
If there is an assumption that it’s all about paper itself, then you need to check its quality. First, it is better to make sure of the same size of the filled sheets. If this is all right, you need to make sure that the tray is correctly loaded. Sheets must be folded with a smooth bundle of 15-25 pieces.
At the same time, torn or crumpled sheets are not allowed.
You should pay attention to the density of the paper. Conventional printers are well captured paper, the density of which is 80 gr / m. If this rate is smaller, then the paper can simply not be captured by the rollers, and if more, then the printer simply does not delay it. Tight and glossy photographing can not receive all printers. If there is a need to print on such sheets, you should buy a special model intended for printing photos, or set the appropriate settings on the existing printer.
Removal of foreign objects
You should not exclude the option of hitting a tray with a paper of a foreign subject. If when trying to print the printer does not pull the paper and at the same time cracks, you need to visually inspect the loading tray. If there is some foreign object in the tray, such as a clip or sticker, you can try to extract it yourself. For this you need to arm a tweezers. If you cannot remove the interference anyway, you can turn off the printer from the network, tilt it with a tray down and gently shake. After such actions, the foreign body can fly independently.
But it should not be too intensely shake, since the rude mechanical impact can seriously harm the device.
To remove an external object from the laser printer, you will have to remove the ink cartridge from it. It needs to thoroughly examine on the subject of a small piece of paper. If necessary, remove them and put the cartridge back.
If the rollers for capturing paper are contaminated (it can be determined even visually), they must be cleaned. To do this, prepare:
- cotton buds;
- a small piece of soft material that does not leave the villi;
- Distilled water.
Alcohol or chemical preparations for this purpose is not recommended as they can harm the device.
But if there is an opportunity, then you can clean the rollers with a liquid “CopyCliner” intended for cleaning rubber surfaces.
The procedure must be performed in a certain way.
- Disable power printer. In no case cannot be carried out on the technique.
- Prepared piece of fabric need to be mixed in purified water or “copy-kliner”.
- The surface of the rollers must be wiped until black marks from ink will stop appearing on the fabric.
- In hard-to-reach places, clean the cleaning with cotton sticks.
If the rollers were well cleaned, and the printer still cannot capture the paper, you need to check them for health. The fact is that the rollers in the course of operation have a property to wear out. Of course, it is much easier to replace them with new. But if there is no such possibility, you can try to establish the work of the device, restoring old.
- Need to shift a little roller by turning it around its axis. As a result, the worn part should be changed in places with the one that is in good condition.
- In addition, you can remove the video and wrap it with a small piece of tape. The diameter should increase no more than 1 mm.
- Install Roller Back.
Due to such thickening, you can extend the life of the roller.
But do not think that rollers in such a state will last for a few more years. Such repairs are only temporary measures. Over time, the rollers will have to be replaced with new.
If none of the above manipulation with the printer helped solve the problem, you need to contact the service for more detailed diagnosis and repair.
Some models have such a function called “manual paper loading”. Perhaps the printer does not capture sheets just because it has been activated. Often it can happen precisely with new printers when the manual loading was originally selected when installing the drivers.
So that the printer does not fail, in the process of its operation, you need to follow some rules. Fulfilling uncomplicated recommendations, you can do without repair not more than one year.
- Refuel the paper tray of one size and the same density. It is better to choose some proven manufacturer and buy only such paper. If you need to print on the photo paper, you need to adjust the printer tray for the desired size and density (in most modern models such a function is present). And only then paste paper and start print images.
- If suddenly the printer “flashed” one or more sheets of paper should not try to pull them with force. You need to disable the printer from the network, get the cartridge and try to carefully remove the jammed sheets without hurting the printer.
- Before sending sheets to the tray, check them for foreign objects: stationery clips, stickers, stapler brackets.
- If water accidentally got into the paper loading tray, then in front of the seal, everything is necessary to wipe and dry.
- Printer to clean timely without using aggressive chemical compositions.
- Monitor the state of the rollers, which are mainly responsible for the capturing of paper from the tray.
The prevention measures for good work of the printer should also be attributed: regular ventilating room in which it is located, and wet cleaning. Turn off the equipment should be properly: the first is turned off the computer, and only then the printer is already a button on the housing and from the power supply. It should also be remembered that if you can independently eliminate the cause of the breakdown, it is not possible, it is better not to repair, but to attribute the printer to the service. This rule is unconditionally acting if the technique is still on the seller’s guarantee.
What if the printer does not capture the paper, see the following video.