Sometimes the situation occurs when the HP printer does not capture the paper. And it often happens at a crucial moment when there is no time to appeal to the service center. In this article we will tell why the device does not take paper from the tray, and what to do if it does not see it.
In most cases, the HP printer does not capture paper with minor failures. Therefore, it is possible to liquidate such a problem on your own, it will not be a lot of work. First need to find the cause and then eliminate it.
Problems may be as follows:
- activated manual feed mode;
- paper is not loaded;
- The guide sleds in the tray are incorrectly installed;
- paper inconsistency required characteristics;
- defective sheet in pack;
- malfunctions or wear of the rollers of the gripping device;
- Problems with the sensor;
- Items fell into the mechanism;
- Driver problems.
The first two reasons, due to which the printer does not take the paper, caused by the inattention of users and are not breakdowns. The rest indicate problems in the mechanism and require interference.
Elimination of the problem
First you need to reset the settings. To do this, make the following.
- Disable the printer from the computer and the electrical network. Remove a USB cable.
- Put in the tray several sheets A4.
- Connect the device to the network and turn it on. To do this, press the on and down and feed key simultaneously. If a template page is printed, a working device.
If it does not help, we are looking for the reason.
Paper must comply with certain requirements.For example, have a density of 80 grams per square meter, smooth edges and a smooth surface. If it is not so, it needs to be replaced. The main signs of problems with paper:
- Text and pictures do not have clear boundaries;
- The paint is smeared over the surface of the sheet;
- Text faded.
You need to pick up paper that meets the requirements specified in the MFP passport. At the same time, keep in mind that Characteristics of sheets for inkjet and laser printers are different. And carefully follow that there is no defective pages that have benging and uneven edges.
If the paper replacement did not help, look at the exciting rollers. With frequent use, they are dirty, then paper across.
Clean the rollers in this way.
- Disconnect the MFP from the network.
- Flip the top cover. In some models there are easy access to the rollers, in others they are generally removed during a couple of seconds, and in the third, it is impossible to get to them without disassembling the mechanism.
- Prepare the necessary materials. Fabric should not leave a pile. If the rollers are located deeply, use cotton chopsticks for cleaning.
- Moisten the fabric by distilled water. Use alcohol and solvent can not.
- Wipe the rollers until traces stop on the fabric.
- Collect the device and check its performance.
If it did not help, it means that the rollers were worn out.Ideally, they need to be replaced independently or in the service center.But you can enter differently.
To restore the surface you need to clean. Then wrap the roller 1-3 layers tape. No longer needed because their diameter will become too voluminous. Such a measure will allow rollers to work some time before replacing. If there is no tape, rollers can be changed in places. The fact is that they wear out from the inside, and the external remains unchanged. If the printer has not earned, check the paper sensor. If the MFP has been actively used for a long time, the paint falls on the sensor. It needs to be removed with clean water.
Sometimes foreign objects fall into the mechanism: paper clips, bulls of paper and fabric. They need to be removed. If a stranger is shallow, try using tweezers. When the item has been hammered away, take a tight cardboard sheet of A4 format and push the stuck object. As a last resort, you need to disassemble the device.
Sometimes the printer is enough to flip and shake. Just do it carefully. If there are no sound sounds, reinstall the driver. It is better to use a complete disc with.
About how to fix the printer yourself, look next.
Malfunction is easier to prevent than eliminating. Basic Tips:
- carefully contact the office equipment, do not allow foreign objects;
- Keep a printer clean;
- Periodically print something that the mechanism is not stored;
- Trust service only to competent specialists.