One-bedroom apartments are particularly in demand, since are one of the budget options. Such housing is bought by single people, novice specialists, young families. Even a small one-room apartment can be made cozy and comfortable, if it is reasonable to approach the selection of planning.
Types of planning
Different various types of books of one-room apartment:
- Typical different options: Standard, Corner with windows, with niche. Most often in five-story buildings and high-rise buildings, it is the model of a model planning;
Sizes of one-room apartments are diverse: there are also small-sized “Khrushchev” in 30-37 kV. m, and more spacious modern square 40-42 kV. M.
When arranging such an apartment, a number of questions must be solved:
- wall decoration;
- furniture placement;
- Transformation of deficiencies of planning in dignity.
One-bedroom apartment is ideal for living 1-3 people, in such conditions living families and with a child or even two. In such cases, it should be more closely approaching the zoning of housing.
Designer apartment plan includes:
- plan of all rooms, taking into account design features (niches, ventilation mines and other);
- Communication scheme (gas, water and power supply);
- alleged furniture;
- Evaluation of expenditure building materials;
- Calculation of labor labor costs.
After preparation of the plan, you can start working on redevelopment of the apartment. You may have to replace windows and doors, insulate walls, change pipes and plumbers. It will be necessary to prepare the surfaces of the walls, gender, the ceiling, which implies work on cleaning, spitting and priming. Only after the final choice of the style of the interior are purchased construction materials, furniture and appropriate decor elements.
It is preferable to start repair work with a kitchen, separating the room for 2 parts: Zone for cooking and dining area (dining). If apartments are equipped with gas plates, the optimization of the area occurs due to dismantling partitions without removing bearing walls. The bathroom remains in the same place.
The only thing you can do is combine the toilet with the bathroom.
- Canteen must be well covered, the most comfortable. It is recommended to locate the table by the window. The design is better to use soft pastel shades. The floor in the kitchen is desirable to lay out tiles, laminate, parquet. These materials look harmoniously in almost every room. Ceiling can be made multi-level, placing directly above the dining area of the composition of the lamps. Walls are covered with waterproof paint or salary with detergent.
- Work zone It is equipped with maximum multifunctionality with a minimally occupied space. Standard wall covering in the working area is ceramic tile. Modern manufacturers offer other options for coatings resistant to mechanical, thermal loads, high humidity: decorative plaster, MDF panels, tempered glass, plastic.
A residential area in a 1-room apartment is a place for both relaxation and meeting guests. Recreation zone It is advisable to arrange in the remote and relaxed part of the apartment, having equipped there is not very bright lighting. Such a place can serve as a space for furniture (for example, a wardrobe or wall), a wall niche or purposefully fenced plot. Special attention should be paid to the alteration of standard “Khrushchev” having an approximate area of 30 kV. M.
Repair in these impractical apartments start with cardinal redevelopment.
- Separate toilet and bathroom are combined, which allows you to increase comfort while bathing.
- The wall in the corridor is better to remove, turning the “Khrushchev” in the studio.
- Well thinking the placement of all items you need in the kitchen and residential area, you can transfer the walls, freeing the space.
- Kitchen wall can be completely dismantled, finally turning the “Khrushchev” in the studio. Do not forget that with this approach, certain difficulties will arise: smells from the kitchen in the residential area, no sound insulation, the need for zoning the premises. Solve these problems are easy enough.
- You can make the border between the kitchen and the room using a bar counter.
- Miscellaneous flooring will split the room on the zone. For example, a ceramic tile can be used in the kitchen, and in the residential area – laminate.
- Quality ventilation system will help to cope with smells.
- In “Khrushchev” quite often made storage rooms, which can be re-equipped in a wardrobe. It is also possible to combine pantry with a residential area.
Another of the varieties of apartments – “Spaschonka”, also called “Butterfly”. In it, the hallway ends with a combined or separate bathroom, and on both sides of the corridor there are entrance doors to the kitchen and in a residential room. Such a location does not provide the ability to combine kitchen and living areas, but only suggests zoning space or an increase in the room at the expense of the corridor.
One of the most common types of apartments are Czech. They are typical for 9-12-storey panel houses. Their area is 32 kV. m with standard layout. Apartments, “Czech” is easy to rebuild, because not all the walls in them relate to carrier. Quite often, Czech planns provide a braid balcony, and sometimes there are 2 loggias that can be attached to the residential premises, pre-insulation. Close corridors can be expanded, rounded angles of walls. If you need to increase the bathroom, you can transfer the wall, while mixing the entrance door to the side of the kitchen.
In 9-storey panel houses built in the 70-80 years, Polish layout was often used. Apartments “Polka” will be reproduced by a larger area than “Khrushchev” (Polaki Square – 35 kV. m) and direct balcony.
Most often, one-room apartments of non-standard layout are found in frame houses. They have original, unusual forms: fan-shaped, polygonal, pipe-shaped, spherical and others. In the modern market for the sale of housing, such apartments are valued especially.
Each of them requires the development of an individual interesting design, emphasizing the originality of the room.
Young people and representatives of Bohemia prefer modern studio apartments, where the wall separates only the bathroom (bathroom, toilet). Usually in new buildings of economy class, such apartments have an area of up to 40 kV. M. Studios look much more than one-room apartments with a similar area. The absence of a wall partition between the kitchen and the residential part makes the room more spacious and modern. The layout of such an apartment provides for division on the zones depending on their functional problems.
Zoning is possible with help:
- Colors. To cover the walls in various functional areas, paints or wallpaper of contrasting colors are used;
- Furniture arrangements. It is placed depending on the zoning functions;
- Multi-level floor. For example, a recreation area may be higher than other apartment zones. This is achieved through the installation of the podium used and for storing things;
- Ceiling lighting. Possible installation of multi-level structures;
- Screens, partitions can be different: from drywall (with or without niches), furniture (wardrobe, racks with books, flowers, decorative figures), glass (with bulk sand, aquariums).
Depending on the needs of the living, the apartment is divided into a living room, bedroom, children’s and office. Before you start redevelopment, it is recommended to clearly submit the end result. We can not draw a plan on paper, make a project.
When planning the studio, it is necessary to take into account certain rules:
- It is important to ensure that there are good ventilation so that the smells of food do not apply throughout the residential area.
- Sleep place must be removed as much as possible from the entrance door.
- In the kitchen, playing and the role of the dining room, you should use a windowsill table or bar counter.
- If there is a balcony, it is recommended to combine with a residential area. It will increase the living area and add light. It should be thoroughly insulated balcony. The partition separating the balcony from the room, without any problems, is converted into a bar for a bar.
- When finishing the bathroom, it is recommended to use moisture-resistant materials, decorating it in bright colors. This visually expands the room and fills it with light. The space of high humidity is plated, and the rest is plastered.
- Studio can have a dressing room: for this purpose, a wardrobe compartment built-in design.
After determining with the layout, it is equipped with an apartment, and begin with sex. Designers do not advise choosing a coating of wood, as the wooden floor may not withstand frequent wet cleaning. The coating should be universal both in the residential area and in the kitchen. The optimal option is a combination of linoleum and tiles. They are easy to maintain, high quality, have a long service life and sold at reasonable prices.
Making a two-room one-room
If there is an idea to make two independent from one room, then in Khrushchev, this option is complicated, but it is possible. Favorable factor in this conversion of the apartment – the absence of a gas pipeline. In this case, you can carry out a complete zone castling: the kitchen is moved to the living room, and the work area is located along the wall on the back of the kitchen. This will ensure the supply of water without moving communications, simply expanding the nozzles. So, from a former kitchen is a full-fledged room, and the living room is construed into the kitchen-studio, equipped with a powerful hood and built-in home appliances. Sometimes the living room is combined with the corridor, which also significantly increases the useful area.
Sucked for redevelopment of the corner option of the apartment. It provides unhindered air circulation and excellent lighting of all sections of the room. At the corner location of the apartment there is a good opportunity to distinguish between space due to the three available windows. Such illumination allows you to turn a one-room apartment in a cozy two-room. For this, it is not necessary to build a capital wall, it is enough to install a sliding partition or racks without the rear wall. Suitable for zoning cabinets or armchairs. Recreation area is recommended to locate by the window on the right side of the entrance.
We optimize space and arrange furniture
When designing windows, we should not forget about the possibility of rationally use the area of the windowsides, because they must be functional. The window sills play the role of a table for a computer or shelf to accommodate kitchen appliances (multicookers, electric kettle, microwaves and others). Kitchen set is preferably made to order. This will help take into account all the features of the room. In the kitchen optimal furniture with built-in household appliances. It is preferable to set one big size cabinet than a few small.
Keep in mind that it is rational to use multifunctional furniture, which as needed transformed. Examples can serve as a podium used as a hidden storage room, or a coffee table as a basket for small things. Instead of a massive bed, more practical to purchase a sofa bed or a transformer bed. This design is cleaned during the daytime in a niche or a vertical position.
In the bathroom, a more reasonable option will be the equipment of the shower cabin instead of a bulky bath. Cab will save space to install a washing machine.
When purchasing furniture for a one-room small apartment, you need to know that the most successful style for such premises is multifunctional minimalism. The same rule concerns the organization of the zone for the kid. So, the crib should be fenced off from the “adult” zone and removed as much as possible from the living room in order to ensure the child’s relaxing holiday. It is necessary to consider places for games, for the student table, be sure to organize good lighting. In the children’s zone, you can use bunk furniture complexes when the first tier is a student table or a game zone, and on the second – a sleeping place. When planning the design of a one-room apartment with two children, their age should be taken into account. A teenager needs his own “corner”, and the baby can live with adults.
Beautiful ideas of modern design
One of the original design councils is that the window slopes can visually increase the space if they decorate them with a mirror mosaic. When finishing the walls, it is necessary to take into account the need for zoning. Do not do all the walls of the same. For example, the kitchen zone of the walls can be stylized under the red brick, and in the living room area to use photo wallpaper. It is necessary to choose options with the views of the city or architectural structures.
Excellent solution that corresponds to styles Minimalism – black and white print, perfectly harmonizing with light monophonic walls. As the main in the residential area, you can choose a white color, which, if desired, can be complemented by beige-gray-blue splashes. An important element of the interior of such apartments – mirrors that expand the space by adding light.
However, one should not hang them on all walls – there must be a measure in everything.
When choosing furniture and decorative accessories, we should consider the expediency of finding them in the apartment. No need to clutter the room with useless things. Optimal style – minimalism. Each interior accessory must perform any function. As an example, bright purple pillows in contrast with a light gray comfortable sofa viewing space. Such an effect is possible with other combinations of cold and bright tones.
It should be remembered that any redevelopment must comply with building legislation. In order to make your home comfortable and welcoming, it is not necessary to buy a huge penthouse. You can be happy and in a cozy one-bedroom apartment with an area of 33 or 36 kV. M.
About how from one-room apartment get a two-room – the next video.