The right choice of amplifier for audio colors – the task is not so easy as it may seem at first glance. Incorrectly selected equipment at best, lead to the fact that the speakers simply do not provide high-quality sound playback, and in the worst – will lead to a reboot and breakage of the speaker system.
That is why before selecting the amplifier, it is necessary to explore it in more detail what he represents from itself, and what requirements should be responsible.
All acoustic systems of professional and domestic use use a special device – sound amplifier. It is necessary to ensure loud, clear and high-quality reproduction of audio records without any distortion and interference.
This device converts the incoming electrical signal to stronger due to an increase in current power. Power amplifier is performed as in the form of a separate device included in the acoustic installation and in the form of the built-in component. Installation includes the following structural elements:
- Directly amplifier sound – connects to the source of audio recordings, may differ in a large or smaller output voltage;
- power unit – this element is responsible for converting an incoming electrical stream in a current with higher voltage parameters;
- Output cascade – consists of a group of transistors that ensure the conversion of high voltage from the power supply in the correct signal form, which is transmitted to the audio device;
- Module adjustment – This component is present only in autonomous amplifiers, causes a thin setting of sound quality at the output.
The principle of operation of any audio amplifier comes down to several processes.
- From the standard electrical network of 220 volts to the power supply of the power supply, after which it is transformed into a constant value.
- Amplifier for acoustic systems through the inputs receive a signal from any device connected to them, for example, player, and changes its amplitude using a constantly running current. In this case, the length of the sound wave remains unchanged.
- The signal with reinforced power is transmitted to the outgoing device, that is, speakers, through them it is already played in a clearer and improved sound.
Many call the sound amplifier “heart” of the audio system – it is responsible for the multiple increase in signal power.
It is known that Any audio information in acoustic equipment is transmitted by electrical oscillations. Both analog and digital installations work only after receiving data from a neighboring unit or from some other machine. As a result, electrical oscillations are quite weak. Of course, they contain all the information necessary for sound playback, nevertheless it is not possible to make a serious work. That is why every column, including each speaker, requires correct nutrition, otherwise the sound will be inexpressive.
It is precisely for this purpose that the sound power amplifier: it prepares the sound for acoustics, enriches it and literally charges the energy columns by linear outputs.
Review of species
XXI century, no doubt, contributed to the expansion of technological diversity. Nowadays, the amplifiers for speakers are represented in a different execution, but you can make a convenient classification of such equipment.
So, there are three main varieties of such equipment.
- Pre-amplifier. If, for example, such a device, as a simple microphone, works in poor quality, then the amplifier will help him process the audition, improve information data and add the required power.
- Turning amplifier. This device is engaged in its direct duties, that is, enhances the sound. It is such equipment that can be seen in recording studios, along with all other professional devices and installations.
- Integral amplifier. Represents some hybrid of the above described. This system is most common and in demand among users. Like every other combined installation, it gives a slightly reduced sound quality in comparison with concert amplifiers, but at the same time significantly wins in its versatility and affordable price.
Selects the speaker amplifier and by the option of receiving the signal.
Analog block runs from electrochails running from the player and repeatedly increases their power parameters. To connect such an amplifier to digital broadcasting, you will need special converters.
Digital, as follows from the title, transforms entering digital audio signals into analog, thereby makes them clear to the speakers.
Depending on the variety of the amplifier, transistors can function differently, that is, those elements that increase the power of the signal inside the device itself. Their typical division on this feature is so diverse that it is possible to navigate only on the most significant differences. Without deepening in technical details, we draw your attention to the technical and operational parameters that are characteristic of the equipment of different categories.
- Classes a, in, av, n and different derivatives. Despite the fact that the equipment in the presented categories may vary by the degree and period of the opening of transistors for current, the principle of their work is approximately the same. The main problem of any column is that at the initial stage of current transmission, non-linear outputs of the output signal often occur. Any amplifiers of class A are directed to their neutralization. This leads to a decrease in efficiency and serious overheating of equipment. Accordingly, the amplifiers of group A are recognized as the most accurate, they are smaller than any other, subject to interference, but have smaller performance parameters.
- Amplifiers of class D. Such equipment passes the electric current immediately, as a result, the presence of any non-linear distortion is minimized. Strictly speaking, this option of amplifiers is the opposite of the first group. They significantly won in the efficiency, but weakly show themselves when playing the frequency range, it is especially noticeable when it comes to increased frequencies. Such amplifiers make sense to use in cars.
To sort out the variety of represented sound inside, it is worth considering the most popular models that deserve the best estimates of experts and users.
The advantages of this model include the possibility of creating a surround sound space, the presence of a phonocorporate, as well as the options of auto power.
From the disadvantages you can select the absence of a balance sheet, as well as noise level, which is slightly higher than in some other similar systems.
This model is an integral amplifier that gives 100 W per canal – Similar power is more than enough for any type of columns. Perfectly manifests itself when sounding any, even the most difficult melodies.
The model looks stylish and concise, is performed from reliable and practical materials.
SMSL SA-36A Plus
This model has Bluetooth, thereby becoming possible to broadcast audio recordings from the phone or by radio channel. Besides, USB port, as well as microSD card connector.
Benefits include small sizes, as well as the cost available. Users noted insufficient power as well as an external power supply.
In general, this is a rather interesting compact amplifier, which best transmits high frequencies, although low sound is quite worthy.
Optimal for acoustics with medium power, it works best in small rooms.
TPA3116 LM1036 (2.0)
Another representative of portable mini-amplifiers of class A issuing 50 watts per channel. This device is doubly more powerful than the previous one, provides clear and clean sound reproduction, and The efficiency reaches 90%, so the equipment is practically not heated and does not need any additional constructions for cooling.
In general, this is a cheap and reliable model that is the optimal choice for use at home.
The absence of the case, as well as an external power supply note.
This equipment gives a beautiful, deep bottom sound, but also high frequencies are also very pleasant. Some “lampiness” is felt in sound, although in general the audition is solid. Has high parameters based on signal / noise. At the same time, it is distinguished by increased demanding to the sound source.
However, it was not without flaws. In particular, When listening to high volume, the equipment is noticeably heated and at long work is simply going to defense. In addition, the set does not have a remote control, which makes the operation not quite comfortable.
How to choose?
When purchasing the optimal model of audio air amplifier for speakers, you need to focus on such fundamental parameters as the power and resistance of the device.
Power characteristics are usually indicated in the user manual, which is included in the package, as well as directly on the housing. It is necessary to distinguish the peak power that acoustic speakers can take briefly, as well as the nominal, that is, the one on which the sound will be reproduced without interference and distortion. It is on it that needs to use equipment.
With incorrectly selected equipment, some unpleasant manifestations are possible.
If the power of the amplifier is higher than the power of the speakers, it is not necessary to worry, but only if you do not plan to turn on the AC to the maximum. In general, 50-70% of the possible maximum is enough for a comfortable listening. Experts believe that this particular combination provides the highest quality sound. However, it is possible that once, lightly forgetting, you decide to put the maximum volume, and it will seriously hurt the diffusers of columns.
If the installation power corresponds to the power of the columns, then at first glance it will be the perfect combination. However, again, on the marginal volume, the acoustic installation operates at the maximum of the capabilities, it submits a permanent current, thereby pulling a column. Of course, the most high-quality models are supplied with special capacitors that can reduce the risk of “toasting” equipment, but not worth risking. It is best to use this equipment within 40-70% of the possible volume.
The power of the amplifier is less than the parameters of the acoustic installation. It would seem that the problems here are absolutely excluded, but, as practice shows, with active operation, the danger of “toasting” a constant current is still preserved. The recommendation is the same: try not to include equipment more than 60-70% of the possible level.
It is believed that the higher the impedance rate, the more clearly there will be sound reproduction, since resistance has the ability to extinguish distortion and different kind of noise. However, you need to understand that Unlike the same headphones in which resistance parameters can vary in a rather large range, this indicator is usually in the corridor from 4 to 8 ohms. All other things being equal, the resistance here will be below the power consumption of columns, respectively, and quieter the volume of the sound.
A rather dangerous is the situation at which the resistance of the amplifier is lower than the resistance of the columns. In this case, the columns can simply not cope with the incoming signal and will fail.
The ideal case when the resistance of both aggregates will correspond to each other.
In a situation where the resistance of the amplifier will be less than the corresponding column parameter, then the health of the acoustic equipment does not risk. At the same time, the output power will still be one and a half, or even two times less than your acoustics can give – that is, the speakers simply will not give their very complete sound.
How to configure?
If you installed a passive audio system, you will need a two-band audio amplifier to connect. If there are a lot of columns at your disposal, it is better to take a four-channel, because it is impossible to connect and the amplifier to the two-channel, and the subwoofer – In this case, the power will be too high, and the device can overdo.
Speakers are summarized to the amplifier through the cable, as a rule, it is RCA. A little less use consisting of two tulip wires, it includes red and white wires intended for different channels. With one edge, the wire is connected to the acoustic speakers, the other to the corresponding connector on the enhancement housing. Then the amplifier is supplied using the wire to the device that is responsible for removing the sound (computer, TV or player).
We again pay attention to the fact that you can connect either a pair of front speakers, or one subwoofer, but not all together.
About the capacities of columns and amplifiers Read more further.