When maintaining pets in personal subsidiary farms and on farms, one of the main conditions of proper care is the dry clean room with a comfortable temperature. In such a room, the animal is protected from infections, fungi, parasites and insects. To drain the litter, various folk remedies were used, for example, riding peat, clay. Now for this purpose there is a large selection of various eco-friendly modern means.
Description and appointment
In the premises and stalls for pets, sewers of litters are used – this powder or granules of light beige, white. The main component of this fund is an adsorbent – a means that absorbs moisture. It may be a bentonite clay (montmorillonite) or diatomitis (Kizelgur) – a sedimentary rock, consisting of diatom algae residues. Both are natural natural minerals.
Different manufacturers are added calcium hydrosilicate, calcium bicarbonate, absorbing ammonia bacteria, various essential oils (pine, eucalyptus, fir).
Montmorillonitis and diatomites consist mainly of negatively charged particles, while salts of heavy metals and various toxins – from positive ions. When interacting with moisture, the powder swells and attracts positive particles. This is the main principle of operation of dryers.
This powder is crumbling in rooms for cows, calves, pigs, birds. Consider what effect is achieved with this desiccant.
High humidity in the room is a source of reproduction of various pathogenic microorganisms, and indeed is a uncomfortable environment. The tool absorbs excessive moisture, disinfects the room, and also acts as a fungicide, that is, this tool can be used both from parasites and from harmful insects.
The oil-contained oil refresh the air indoors, absorb ammonia and hydrogen sulfide pairs, which are a consequence of animal vital activity, and create a deodorizing effect, which makes it easier for the breathing of animals and prevents the occurrence of bronchopulmonary diseases.
Besides listed, Dehumidifiers are used to process wounds, animal diaper disposal, for the prevention of mastitis from cows, for overwhelms of young, as well as dry baths for birds.
When transplanting newborn calves and piglets, the powder reduces the element of stress in kids, as it reduces the sensitivity to foreign smells.
The composition of the dryers from different manufacturers is slightly different from each other, but they all have a strong absorbent property with antibacterial effect.
Here are the most popular manufacturers and their products.
- Miragro LLC and its product “Agrobend” – hygienic dehumidifier based on bentonite clay, contains plant extracts and calcium carbonate. Available in bags of 2 kg and 5 kg. Shelf life – 12 months.
- LLC “Biorost” produces Bio-Ventum – a moisture-absorbent agent for animal scientific farms and poultry houses, which contains pine essential oil, calcium silicate, dioctahedral montmorillonite. Packing – 25 kilograms, shelf life – 24 months.
- Firm “Kvant” produces NDP-D-700 tool, consisting of 100% diatomitis powder. Packing – 15 kg.
- AST-EKO LLC and its high-quality goods ED-SORB 15, which is widely used in pig breeding, a new generation drug, which has strong antiviral, antibacterial, insecticidal and fungicidal properties. Sold in bags of 25 kg.
Instructions for use
On the packaging of each type of desiccant there is a detailed instruction for use. There are minor differences in doses on the use of dryers of different manufacturers, but the average values are approximately:
- For cattle and MRC 50-150 g / kV. m scatter in stalls with a periodicity 1-2 times a week, in calves – 100 g / kV. m every other day;
- in pig breeding – 100 g 3 times a week, it can be increased to 300g for piglets;
- In the houses for different birds, the amount is a bit different, for the chicken coop enough 50 g / kV. m, and for ducks, geese, turkeys – 80 g / kV. m 2 times a week.
Immediately it can be noted that all of the above funds are non-toxic, hypoallergenic and absolutely harmless for both people and animals. Danger class – 4 (low hazard substances).
When working with dryers, you can recommend using masks and eye protection products, since the powder is finely dispersed. People with particularly sensitive skin can cause dryness sensation, so it is better to use gloves.
But in any case, this agent can cause only weak skin irritation and eyes, which quickly passes.
About how to apply dehumidifiers of litters for calves, you can learn from the video below.