There are quite a few different models of printers in the market now, over time, their number only increases. Each manufacturer tries to make its “highlight” in the design to stand out and pay attention to its brand. Professional printer is less popular, but always finds his buyer.
Since professional printers are interested in large companies or small offices, devices differ in functionality. But still there are a number of common parameters for all models that characterize them.
- Device type. They can be portable or stationary. Parameters of mobile printing devices are always worse than in stationary.
- Paper size. This is an important parameter indicating the maximum paper format with which the device may operate.
- Print technology. At the moment there are several – inkjet, laser, LED, sublimation, hard and thermal printing. Each of them has its pros and cons, their description deserves a separate article. In short, it can be said that in professional printers inkjet printing is rarely used, the laser is used mainly for printing black and white documents. LED is similar to laser, but cheaper due to the use of LEDs instead of laser. Thermal print is more often used mainly in portable printers and for printing service documents (checks and t. e). Sublimation allows you to get excellent quality when printing photos. And the harderial stand to the effects of moisture and is characterized by the highest quality.
- Color. On sale There are monochrome (black and white) and colored (providing full color printing) printers. The first option is considered optimal for printing documents in offices where there is no need for color image. The second is more universal, but it will be more expensive.
- Permission. This parameter will tell about the maximum resolution with which the device can print an image. This affects the clarity of the photograph – the permission above, the following prints will be better.
- Print speed. It differs for black and white documents, color images and photographs. For C / B devices normal, up to 40 sheets per minute are considered for non-ferrous. When printing photos, the speed is indicated in the highest quality. It is worth noting that at high speed, the quality is noticeably deteriorating and noise increases.
- Resource cartridges and photobrabanov. Indicates how many things can be printed before recharging.
- For inkjet printers also matters the number of cartridges or Availability of ink uninterrupted supply system. If it is present – it is very convenient.
- Data transfer to the device with PC. Through the cord to the USB interface or via Wi-Fi, the printer is built into the local office network.
These are only the main characteristics, but some manufacturers are added to the printing devices screens for convenience, voice assistant and the ability to print on optical disks.
In their respect, printers are divided into such:
- office – Used in institutions where it is necessary to print a lot and often, so there are powerful devices with a large resource;
- Photopriberent – Used to print high-quality photographs, as a rule, on rolled materials width to a meter;
- interior – Help print posters, elements of the interior, drawings, information stands;
- widescreen – Used for the manufacture of outdoor advertising, banners and t. d, and if books, magazines or catalogs are printed in printing houses – you need to have a set of folding machines.
In this rating, models were selected only by well-known firms that have long been on the market and have proven themselves only with a good side. Naturally, This top is not the truth in the last instance and can be adjusted and completed. In a large campaign or big office, a multifunctional laser printer is usually chosen. He even takes a significant amount, but is able to perform a large list of tasks.
When the variant of color printing is considered, It is worth paying attention to the model Ricoh SP C842DN. This device is capable of printing 60 pages with a resolution of 1200×1200. The maximum load on the printer is 200,000 sheets of A4 format. Print speed of the first page in the C / B version of 3.1 seconds., in color 4.6 seconds. To facilitate the use of the device equipped with a display and hard disk for 320 GB. Supports operating systems from Windows Vista to MacOS and Linux. There is a connector for connecting to the Ethernet network, USB ports 2.0.
Among one-color deserved popularity Ricoh SP 3600DN. It is able to print up to 50,000 pages per month with a resolution of 1200×1200. Also able to conjugate with Windows and MacOS systems. Equipped with interfaces: Ethernet and USB 2.0.
If you decide to build your business on printing photos, you need to choose the best model. For professional photo printing, the best now is the Epson Surelab SL-D700 device, and it is not profitable. This printer has modest sizes, it can be easily transported. He has a lot of advantages: high performance, knows how to take photos long to meter, inexpensive consumables. There are disadvantages: it connects only through USB, it makes a strong noise when working, a rather high price of about 500 y. E.
From widescreen universal printers (plotters) deserved glory uses Ricoh Pro L5130. He has many advantages, among which the possibility of printing up to 1.3 m wide, high print quality and detail, reliability and greater performance, and therefore profitability.
For printing houses you can use Ricoh Pro ™ C7200SX. This is a whole complex using which you can overtake competitors. It has scanning and copying functions, high productivity of up to 85 pages per minute with a resolution of 600×600.
Select the printer will simply when you decide in advance with the type and purpose of the device. After that you need:
- evaluate the load that will be naked on the printer;
- Select print technology;
- Find out the maximum permission of prints;
- find out the format and parameters of the paper used on the selected printer;
- Check compatibility with your devices and the operating system;
- check the availability of interfaces for connection;
- Examine additional functions.
Even the best models have flaws, and what printer to buy is to solve only you. In order not to regret, you need to carefully study the minuses before purchased, whether they are critical to the further use of the device.
In the next video you will find a review of professional printer Epson Surecolor SC-P800.