Change 4-room apartment plan in a panel house – Time Time. Architects and developers planning the Soviet panel high-rise buildings, as if it was foreseen that the Russians massively change the initial layout.
The layout of the 4-room crunching includes the following rooms:
- two bedrooms located in the longest zone;
- The third room is a living room, which is a passing for these bedrooms;
- The fourth room is another bedroom, located next to the kitchen;
- kitchen, bathroom and toilet are located next to the hallway, close to the entrance;
- At the end of the hallway next door to the living room there is a wardrobe compartment.
The following historically later variety of a multi-storey house is a panel 9-storey house, “Brezhnevka” – has some differences from “Khrushchev”. Bedrooms and living rooms, kitchen and bathroom are located approximately as in 4-room “Khrushchevka”, but differ in the area. Higher ceilings – 2.7 m (compared to 2.45-2.5 m in “Khrushchev”), the presence of elevator and garbage disposal made the life of the population more comfortable.
In St. Petersburg and Moscow over the past few years, the renovation program is performed – Old “Khrushchevki”, many of which are recognized as emergency, are subject to resettlement and disassembly. In return, construction companies will be erected in the decree of federal and local authorities, in which the area of the rooms will grow a little. Kitchens, bathrooms and corridors (including hallways) will be noticeably more.
All modern amenities – from the elevator to energy-efficient livelihood systems, significantly improved in these houses.
Brick “Khrushcheki” and “Brezhnevka”, regardless of the number of rooms in apartments, have less purified and improved sound insulation.
What to take into account when planning?
Intending to change the built-in 4-room apartment formed by the builders in Brezhnev or Khrushchev, keep in mind the following.
- Not all partitions can be demolished. All of them are made of subtle reinforced concrete (or from simple concrete floors) – even the thickness of the partition is 7-10 cm (compared to 40-50-centimeter outside) gives a significant sign of inter-storey overlaps. The fact is that the total area of the 4-room apartment sometimes reaches 72 kV. m, which compared with 31 “squares” at the “odnushki” – the difference is more than a couple of times. Nobody canceled the laws of physics: inter-storey floors – the same in the characteristics. Large spans between carriers (outer, intercardic) walls, devoid of additional backups, increase the chances of deflection of horizontal plates. And those, in turn, are floors and the ceiling at the same time on all floors, except for the first and last. Therefore, any demolition of partitions (rebuildings) cannot be carried out without permits from residents and other utilities. Alteration “Watch” will lead not only to the fine when trying to sell a redefurbed apartment, but also increase the chances of collapsing overlapping floors in the entrance to you and your neighbors. The latter is punished with a criminal case – right up to life imprisonment.
- Changing the area of the bathroom is impossible. By this you can seriously disrupt the waterproofing. If the water pipe breaks, the sewage will leak, the washing machine will fail – possibly the floor will be flooded. Advanced bathroom will lead to water leak down to the living floor below the neighbors, with all the consequences arising from here.
Conducting any cosmetic or overhaul without redevelopment does not affect the sustainability of the house as a whole.
How to organize space?
So, the standard layout of a 4-room apartment in panel high-rise buildings has the following disadvantages:
- narrow and long entrance hall;
- lack of space for kitchen furniture;
- The living room and kitchen are separated by one of the bedrooms and communicate only through the hallway;
- impracticity of the loggia or balcony for installing furniture;
- Combined bathroom is limited due to the adjoining of neighboring rooms.
If these disadvantages are significant for you – it’s time to change the plan of the apartment. Upon receipt of permits from instances on demolition partitions, follow these steps.
- Zoning the hallway – division into zones for dressing room and seating. It is recommended to deliver a wardrobe type constructor and a couple of small puffs.
- Kitchen for 4-room apartment – place to accommodate a large amount of dishes: as a rule, such an apartment is purchased when the family is large. As the basis – the P-shaped layout in which the dining table is a central place. For quick snack or breakfast organized a folding table, serving the continuation of the windowsill. Frequently demolished the partition with the kitchen, which turns the adjacent bedroom into a part of the kitchen-living room.
- If the bedroom is connected to the kitchen, then the living room can be furnished under the first. Here the living room itself migrated and connected with the kitchen. The third bedroom will be greater than the other two.
- One of the extreme bedrooms can be turned into a children’s. Children’s situation is carried out by general rules: it should be a comfortable bed, chair and table.
Subsequently, when a child goes to school, a children’s will turn into a “training” room, a “working office” for a teenager, where he comfortably will prepare for school classes.
By this time, you may need, for example, suspended shelves located above the table, and a Swedish wall with a horizontal bar for physical education.
- The second long bedroom remains unchanged. It is furnished in the same way as any adult bedroom, and is temporarily provided to guests. But when in the family two children – it can be equipped as well as the one that is given to the children’s. As a result, each of the children – its room.
- Separate bathroom replaced in combined – It is located in it shower, sink, toilet and washing machine. The whole technique is compact, suspended or embedded, in addition in the bathroom there is a place for cliff hangers and pairs of suspended shelves.
- In the biggest room You can burn the place for a separate dressing room. Then the size of the room will become the same as the size of bedrooms in the far part of the living space.
- Loggia combines with room, The door of which goes to her. After the additional insulation of the loggia is suitable for the working office.
- In the “Brezhnev” of a later period (Until 1995 Buildings) Living room and one of the bedrooms changed in places. Significantly simplified cooking kitchen-living room – there is no need to carry the bedroom to more far from the entrance. The total area of the apartment is approaching 100 “squares”.
The above innovations will bring 4-bedroom “Brezhnevka” or “Khrushchev” to the characteristics of 3-room new buildings. It does not matter whether the apartment is a corner – if 4 rooms are provided, the redevelopment order is still the same.
Operating options for old apartments are mainly reduced to the following.
- After redevelopment, the kitchen combined with the nearest bedroom or living room will acquire arched or other passage of non-standard form. In it, you can place the shelves, fixing them from one end by vertical suspension.
- The bathroom will become more compact, gains great functionality.
- Washing machine with vertical load free 0.5 kV. m space.
- The kitchen-living room itself is two zones: for quick snacks and for the general meeting of guests at the dining table.
- The kitchen as a separate area is a compact place for cooking. Place for breakfast of two people remotely resembles a bar rack.
Such redevelopment of a four-bedroom apartment in the old panel house will turn the boning housing in the apartment of your dreams.
“Khrushcheki” and “Brezhnevka” made a bet for the future. New buildings of the 2000s significantly surpass them by convenience.
And yet the investment in Soviet apartment is justified – with renovation you will receive an equivalent apartment and an apartment in a new building.
The following are some more options for redevelopment of a four-room apartment.