Among the companies for the production of musical equipment, including microphones, you can allocate a Russian manufacturer, who began its activities back in 1927. This is Oktawa, which today is engaged in the production of negotiation devices, technology for loud-speaking communication, alert equipment and, of course, a professional level microphones.
Oktawa microphones make it possible Recording in non-enemy, dried cameras. The membranes of electret and condenser models are applied by special technology of spraying of gold or aluminum. The same spraying is on microphone electrodes. Fluoroplastic films of electret microphones are charged for new technology. All the caps of the devices are made of magnetic alloys. The diaphragms of mobile systems of electroacoustic transducers can be automatic crimping. Winding on movable electrical systems is made according to a special combined system.
Microphones of this brand are popular thanks to Affordable price and good quality. Products have won credibility not only among the Russian consumer, but also went beyond Europe. Currently, the main consumers of products are USA, Australia and Japan. The sales volume of the company is equal to the amount of sales of all other microphone manufacturers in the CIS.
The company is constantly in the center of attention, often falls on the first pages of the conjugation of famous magazines in America and Japan.
Consider the most popular microphones “Oktawa”.
The model has a small weight of 400 grams and dimensions of 56×158 mm. The condenser type of device is distinguished by a wide diaphragm that allows you to play high quality sound with a low noise indicator. The model is made in a stylish design, a protective mesh is covered with a layer of gold. Recommended for recording sound drums, saxophone, pipes, string tools and, of course, singing. The microphone package includes shock absorber, hinge and modern case. Optionally, the purchase in the stereo.
The model has a cardioid audio reception type. The proposed coverage of frequencies for work fluctuates from 20 to 20,000 Hz. The susceptibility of the free field of this model at a frequency of 1,000 Hz should be at least 10 mV / pa. The established impedance is 150 ohms. The model has simultaneous transmission over its wires of sound signals and permanent current 48 V, XLR-3 connector.
You can purchase this microphone in 17831 rubles.
The condenser model of a comprehensive sound is equipped with low frequency switching beds and has a 10 dB attenuator that is designed To work with high sound pressure. Since the model is comprehensive, the scale of its use is quite wide. The model is suitable for amateur and specialized recording studios, for audio records of drums and wind instruments, as well as speech and singing sound recording. In a set with a microphone – installation, shock absorber AM-50. Possible sale in stereo.
The microphone has a diaphragm in the form of a heart and takes the sound only in front. Estimated frequency interval from 20 to 20,000 Hz. Installed impedance 200 Ohm. An indicated resistance of work is 1000 ohms. The device has a phantom nutrition at 48 V. Equipped with input type XLR-3. Dimensions of the model 52×205 mm, and the weight is only 550 grams.
You can purchase a microphone for 12008 rubles.
Comprehensive, narrow-friendly condenser microphone model. Equipped with three interchangeable capsules with different sound reception indicators. It is recommended to use for work in specialized and home studios. The model is perfect for recording, where the sounds of drums and wind instruments prevail. Frequently used to record musical speeches in theaters or concert events. The set includes an amplifier that increases a weak signal to a linear level, the attenuator protects against the overload preamp, installation, shock absorber, carrying case.
Estimated operating frequency interval from 20 to 20 000 Hz. Microphone susceptibility Cardioid and hypercardoid. Installed impedance 150 Ohm. The biggest level of sound pressure under books 0.5% – 140 dB. The phantom power model is 48 V, equipped with an input of type XLR-3. The microphone has dimensions 24×135 mm and the weight of 110 grams.
You can purchase a device for 17579 rubles.
The microphone model is lamp, has a rather high cost – 42279 rubles. Used to work in specialized studios, for records of speakers and solo tools. In a set with a microphone there is a shock absorber, power supply unit BP-101, a retainer for installation on a rack, a special wire of 5 meters long, a power cord to a current source, a caides of wood for carrying. It is possible to purchase a device in a stereo. Cardioid sound susceptibility nature. The frequency range for work is from 40 to 16000 Hz. Dimensions of the device 54×155 mm.
The model is a ribbon, dynamic version of a microphone in which the boundaries of low frequencies are brightly defined. Recommended for using male singing, bass guitars, pipes and dom. The set includes: connection, wood cover, shock absorber. The device takes the sound only in front and rear, the side signals are ignored. The frequency interval for work is from 50 to 16000 Hz. Mounted load resistance 1000 ohm. The microphone has a portal of type XLR-3. Its small dimensions are 52×205 mm, and the weight of only 600 grams.
You can purchase such a model for 16368 rubles.
Lamp condenser microphone “Octava μL-100” Used in studios and equipped with a wide diaphragm with a diameter of 33 mm. Due to the fact that this model has a block in the low frequency region, the region of their application is very limited. To obtain a record of good quality, these microphones are used in the complex with others.
In the future, the model will be improved for possible independent work. All previous flaws will be eliminated.
How to choose?
All models of microphones can be divided into two categories. Some are intended for voice recording, others – to record tool sounds. When choosing a model, you need to clearly decide what purpose you acquire a microphone.
- By type of device, all microphones are divided into several groups. The best are condenser models. They are intended to transmit high frequencies, differ in the transmission of high-quality sound. Recommended for sounding singing and acoustic instruments. Have a compact size and better quality in comparison with dynamic.
- All microphones have a certain type of directivity. They are omnidirectional, unidirectional, bidirectional and supercardoid. All of them differ sound. Some take it only in front, others – in front and rear, third – from all sides. The optimal option is omnidirectional, since they take the sound evenly.
- Body material can be plastic and metal options. Plastic differ in low cost, light weight, but are more susceptible to mechanical effects. Products with metal housing have a solid shell, but also a higher cost. Metal with high humidity exposed corrosion.
- Wired and wireless. Wireless options are very convenient, but it must be borne in mind that his work is enough for a maximum of 6 hours, and the maximum radius of the radio system is up to 100 meters. Wired models are more reliable, but the cable sometimes delivers inconvenience. On long speeches is the most proven option.
- If you want to buy an expensive model, distinguished by professional characteristics, and there is no need for its connection, then Without such an additional configuration, he just will not be able to work. After all, for its full-fledged work, it will still need preams, studio sound cards and the corresponding room.
- By purchasing a budget model for home use, pay attention to the dynamic options. They are less susceptible to breakage, do not require additional nutrition. Their work is very simple. You just need to connect to sound card or karaoke system.
Overview of the Oktawa microphone, see the following video.