Scanning documents is an integral part of any office work. Scan can be made both on a separate device of the same name and using a multifunctional device (MFP), which combines the functions of the printer, scanner and xerox. On the second case and will be discussed in this article.
Before starting the scanning process, you need to install and configure your MFP. Keep in mind that if the device is connected via the LPT port, and you do not have an old stationary PC, A laptop or PC of a new sample, then you must additionally purchase a special LPT-USB adapter. As soon as the printer is connected to a computer using a USB cable or via Wi-Fi, the operating system will automatically detect the device and starts the installation of the drivers.
Drivers can also be installed manually using the disk that comes with the device, or find them on the official website of the manufacturer of your device.
After that, you can start setting up.
Setup to work via Wi-Fi
Using a wireless network, you can scan the documents on the printer even from the smartphone while at the other end of the city. This is a very convenient feature that includes branded programs from manufacturers, is the best option for those who work at home.
To set up MFPs via Wi-Fi, you need to place the device so that it can freely catch the signal. Next, configure the router and connect the MFP to the power. After that, the setting should start automatically, but if this happens, then do it manually. Next, you can connect the network:
- Turn on Wi-Fi;
- Select the connection mode “Automatic / Fast Setup”;
- Enter the name of the access point;
- Enter and confirm the password.
You can now install the drivers and connect the cloud data storage.
Setting through the utility
Each MFP brand has its own utilities that can be found on the official manufacturer’s website. Make sure the selected program is suitable for the installed software, and download the desired option. Next just follow the instructions on the screen. After completing the shortcut, the utility will appear on the taskbar.
Setting for office
Usually in the office uses one machine immediately for several computers. There are two ways to set up MFPs in this case.
- Connect the printer to one computer and open sharing. But in this case, the device will do scan only when the main computer works.
- Configure the print server so that the device is displayed as a separate node on the network, and computers did not depend on each other.
As for the new type devices, in which the print server is built, then it is not required to further configure.
Below in detail several options are considered how to remove the scan from the printer.
This is the easiest and most common way to scan the document and transfer it from the printer to the computer.
- Turn on the printer, open the lid and place the sheet to be scanned, face down. To post a page as smoothly, focus on special markers. Close the cover.
- Go to the Start menu and locate the “Devices and Printers” tab (for Windows 10, as well as 7 and or “Printers and Faxes” (for Windows XP). Select the desired device and click on the Start Scan tab, located at the top of the menu.
- In the window that opens, set the necessary parameters (color, resolution, file format) or leave the default settings, and then click the Start Scan button.
- At the end of the scan, come up with the file name in the pop-up window and click the “Import” button.
- File is ready! Now you can find it in the “Imported Images and Video” folder.
How to scan with paint?
Starting with Windows 7, you can also make scan using the Paint-built into the operating system. This method is especially convenient to use if you need to send to the PC only an image, such as a photo. Learn him very easily.
- First you need to open Paint. Click on the “File” tab in the upper left corner and select the “From Scanner or Camera” option.
- In the window that opens, select your device.
- Set the necessary settings and click “Start Scanning”.
- The saved file will be opened using the Paint Program.
Scan with special software
There are several scanning programs. Working with them, you can achieve significantly better quality of the final file. List just some of them.
Thanks to this, it is easy to scan a large number of text documents, as well as process images from smartphone cameras and other mobile devices. The program supports more than 170 languages, with its help you can transfer any text to the usual format and work with it as usual.
This free app allows you to convert texts with any font, while maintaining their original structure.
An indisputable plus is a built-in dictionary inspection.
The program has a simple interface, a powerful scan system, integrating with all Microsoft platforms, as well as convenient tools for working with text documents and images.
The utility successfully performs all the functions for the scanner and with accuracy recognizes even handwritten text.
“Scan Corrector A4”
This utility is ideal for novice users who want the most simply and quickly to make scan and adjust the document without additional use of graphic editors.
And with the help of this utility you can significantly expand the functions of the outdated device, because it is compatible with almost any scanner and MFP. True, there is a minus – the absence of a Russian-speaking interface.
You can also use the scanner by driving them from the phone. Here is a list of best mobile applications for this purpose:
- Google Drive;
- Office Lens;
- ABBYY Finescanner;
- Adobe Fill and Sign DC;
- PHOTOMYNE (for pictures only);
- Mobile Doc Scanner;
- Smart PDF Scanner.
Work with all software and mobile applications intuitively simple, so do everything correctly will not be difficult even newcomer.
Just run the utility and step by step to follow the instructions prescribed in the rules of use.
- Before making scan, do not forget to thoroughly wipe the glass of your device with special napkins with impregnation or dry rag from microfiber and spray to clean the glasses and monitors. The fact is that any, even insignificant, pollution is imprinted on a digitized image. In no case do not allow moisture in MFP!
- Having a glass document, guided by special labels on the case of the device so that the finished file turned out to be smooth.
- If necessary, make digitization of pages thick, bulky books just open the scanner cover. Never put on the weight weight more than is spelled out in the instruction manual!
- If the pages of the book are made of thin paper and when scanning the reverse side is shifted, to reverse black paper sheets.
- Images stored in JPEG format remain in original form and are not amenable to further improvement. To make the highest quality images with the possibility of further processing, choose TIFF format.
- Documents are better to save in PDF format.
- If possible, do not use the option to scan “Document” and never choose a two-time scan improvement to save quality.
- Instead of black and white scanning, it is better to choose a color or shades of gray.
- Do not scan images in the resolution below 300 DPI. The optimal option – in the range from 300 to 600 dpi, for photographs – at least 600 dpi.
- If on old photography there are stains and scuffs, choose color mode. So it will be easier to perform processing. Yes, and in general, black and white photos are better digitized in color – so the picture quality will be higher.
- When scanning color images, exhibit the greatest color depth.
- Always inspect the document for clips and other parts that can scratch the surface of the glass scanner.
- Install the MFPs away from heating devices and direct sunlight, and also do not allow sharp temperature drops.
- When cleaning the device, do not forget to turn it off from the mains.
- After completing the work, never leave the MFP cover open to prevent ingestion of dust or damage the scanner from light rays.