Air conditioner has long ceased to be for many something unusual and became a means without which it is difficult to live. In winter, they can quickly and easily heat the room, and in the summer – to make the atmosphere in it cool and comfortable. But air conditioning, like any other technique, uses certain materials that are still called expenditure. That is, the essence is that their stocks should be replenished from time to time. And one of them is Freon, who plays an important role in cooling the air masses, which is entered.
We will try to figure out how and how to fix the air conditioning, in order to fulfill its functions as much as possible, and when it is time to change.
Like refrigeration equipment, air conditioners are refilled by a certain gas. But unlike them, there is a special, created precisely for split systems, Freon. Usually, freon of the following types is poured to replenish stocks.
- R-22. This type has a good cooling efficiency, which makes it a more preferred solution than analogues. When using this type of substance, the consumption of climate techniques of electrical energy is strengthened, but the device will cool the room faster. Analogue of said freon can become R407C. Of the disadvantages of these categories of freon, it is possible to note the presence of chlorine in their composition.
- R-134A – analogue that appeared on the market relatively recently. It does not harm the environment, does not contain a variety of impurities and has a rather high cooling efficiency. But the price of such a category of Freon is large, because of which it is used pretty infrequently. Most often it is done to refuel cars.
- R-410A – Freon, safe for the ozone layer. Recently, it is increasingly poured into air conditioning.
It should be said that definite answer, what better refrigerant from submitted, no. R-22 is actively used, although most manufacturers are transferring to the use of R-410A.
Before exercising a domestic home air conditioner refueling yourself, you should know what methods and methods of refueling such equipment exist. We are talking about the following techniques.
- Using viewing glass. This option helps to explore the state of the system. If a strong flow of bubbles appears, then it is necessary to make air conditioning refueling. A sign that the work time to finish will be the disappearance of the flow of bubbles and the creation of a homogeneous liquid. To preserve the pressure inside the system, you should refill it in a little bit.
- Using refueling by weight. This method is very simple and does not require any additional forces or space. First you need to completely clean the system from the refrigerant and clean the vacuum type. After that, the tank with a refrigerant is weighed and check its volume. Then the cylinder is made with Freonon.
- By pressure. This refueling method can only be used if there are documentation where the factory equipment parameters are prescribed. Freon cylinder attach to the device using a manifold with a manometer. Refueling is made by portions and gradually. After each time, the testimony is checked with the information specified in the technical equipment to the technique. If the data coincides, then you can finish refueling.
- Method for calculating cooling or air conditioning overheating. This method is considered the most difficult. Its essence based on the ratio of the current temperature of the device to the indicator, which is mentioned in technicians. Usually used only by professionals.
Before the start of the work, you need to check the mechanism and carefully examine the theoretical component of the sequence of actions, in order to fix the houses with their own hands the air conditioner turned out to be as easy and simple. Also necessary Check the entire mechanism for the absence of deformations and refrigerant leaks.
Then it will not be superfluous explore the step-by-step algorithm of this process, and also prepare the necessary consumables for refueling and specific equipment. Type of the desired freon for each specific case can be found in technocamentation to the model.
If it is not specified there, you can use freon R-410, although it is not suitable for each model and the price will be high. Then it will be better to consult with the seller of the device.
In addition, the preparation for the rewrotement of the air conditioner consists of the following procedures.
- Search for desired technology. To carry out work, you should have a vacuum type pump with a pressure gauge and a reverse type valve. Its use will allow preventing oil from entering a part where the freon is contained. This technique can be rented. It will be more profitable than a challenge of a specialist. Acquire it just meaningless.
- Survey of capacitor and evaporator tubes For deformations and inspection of the integrity of the tube for Freon.
- Inspection of the entire mechanism and checking compounds for tightness. To do this, nitrogen pumps nitrogen on the gearbox. Its quantity is quite simple – it will stop going to the phone when it fills. You need to track the data of the pressure gauge to find out whether the pressure is reduced. If there are no signs of fall, there are no deformations and leaks, then for stable work technique you need only a refundant.
Then vacuumation is carried out. Here will be needed a vacuum pump and collector. You should activate the pump and at the moment when the arrow will be at a minimum, turn it off and block the crane. It should also be added that it is not possible to disconnect the collector from the device itself.
Now let’s turn to the description of the refueling procedure directly.
- First you need to open the window and external inspection of the outer part. After this, the side should find the casing where there is a pair of hoses.
- We carry out the bolts holding the casing, after which we dismantle it. One tube submits to the external unit Freon in a gaseous form, and the second – removes it from the outer part, but already in the form of fluid.
- Now we carry out the draining of old freon either through the tube revealed earlier or through the service port spool. Freon should be poured carefully and extremely slowly, in order to do not merge with it and the oil.
- Now connect to the spool blue hose from the pressure gauge station. Watch whether collector cranes are closed. Yellow hose from the station meter station must be connected to the jacket of the vacuum pump.
- Open the low pressure tap and check the readings.
- When the pressure on the pressure gauge falls to the indicator -1 bar, you should open the cranes of service ports.
- About 20 minutes should exercise evacuation. When the pressure drops to the mentioned value, you should wait before half an hour and watch whether the pressure gauge will rise to the zero indicator. If this happens, it means that the contour is not hermetic, and there is a leak. It should be found and eliminated, otherwise the refilled freon will flow.
- If there were no leaks, it should be done after half an hour after the exercise of vacuuming, disconnect the yellow hose from the pump and attach to the container with Freonon.
- Now we carry out the closure of the left collector crane. Then we put the cylinder inside which the gas is contained on the scales and write a lot at that time.
- Unscrew the crane on the cylinder. For a moment, we open and close the right valve at the station gauge station. It is necessary to blow the hose to completely blow the air out of it, and it has not been in the circuit.
- It is required to open a blue crane at the station, and the freon will fall into the air-conditioned contour from the balloon. The weight of the tank, respectively, will decrease. Watch until the indicator decreases to the required mark, while the circuit does not turn out to be the required amount, how much is required to refuel the specific model. After that, we close the blue crane.
- Now you need to overlap 2 cranes on the block, disconnect the station, after which the device is checked for performance.
It should be said that when complying with all security rules when working with Freon, it will be completely dangerous. You can easily exercise split-systems at home and not be afraid of anything if you follow these norms. Such moments should be remembered:
- If liquid gas falls on the cover of the human skin, then it causes their frostbite;
- If it enters the atmosphere, the person risks to get gas poisoning;
- at a temperature of about 400 degrees, it decays to hydrogen chloride and phosgene;
- The brands of said gas, where it contains chlorine, can cause irritation of the mucous membrane and adversely affect the human body as a whole.
In order to protect yourself during the work, the following things should be done.
- Wear gloves from fabric and glasses for protection. Freon, hitting the eye, can provoke vision damage.
- It is impossible to carry out work in a closed space. It must be used to ventilate and there should be access for fresh air.
- It is required to follow the tightness of the cranes and the mechanism as a whole.
- If the substance still fell on the skin or mucous membrane, then this place should immediately wash with water and lubricate vaseline.
- If a person has identified signs of choking or poisoning, then you should take it to the street and make breathing air to 40 minutes, after which the symptoms will pass.
Frequency of refinement
If the air conditioner is working normally, and the integrity of the system is not broken, then freon leaks should not be observed – that it is missing, it will be possible to understand somewhere through a couple of years. If the system is damaged and there is a leak of this gas, then it should be repaired first, check the gas level and drain it. And only then to replace Freon.
The cause of the leakage can be an incorrect installation of a split system, deformation during transportation or a very strong fit of the tubes one to another. It happens that indoor air conditioning is carried out by the transfer of freon, which is why it follows the pipes inside the device. That is, the frequency of his refueling must be reduced. But do not need to do it often. It will be enough to refuel the device every year.
Understand that freon proceeds, pretty easy. Certificate of this will be a specific gas smell when working, and the cooling of the room will be extremely slow. Another factor of this phenomenon will be the appearance of an inlet on the outer surface of the external unit of the air conditioner.
About how to remove air conditioning with your own hands, see the following video.