In connection with the transition from analog television to digital TV, people buy either a new TV with a built-in T2 adapter, or a console that allows you to watch television channels in digital quality. For this reason, there is a problem with connecting this device to the TV showroom. Our article describes how to carry a receivers with television equipment.
Receiver – this is the device, the purpose of which is the receiving. It decodes it and converts to an analog signal or in digital (depending on the output version). The transformed signal is already on the TV.
Before going into the details of the connection of the TV to the console, it is worth considering the varieties of receiver.
These are three types:
- IPTV-type consoles.
The first version of the decoder is characterized by quite high cost, has many connections. This receiver has enough power to transfer a high-quality signal, has an extended functionality.
In addition, some varieties of such models are able to connect the optical mouse, which greatly simplifies the operation of the console.
Cable options have significant sizes that is not entirely convenient during operation. However, this is compensated by a huge amount of advantages. For example, some models have more than one TV tuner, support multiple formats (DVB-C, DVB-T2, DVB-S2). Expensive modifications have one or more connections for CL cards+. It is also worth noting their greater power and amount of memory, the presence of the Wi-Fi module.
As for the IPTV console, such a device has a feature to distribute a signal (for example, around the room) with IPTV technology. With this equipment, you can display an image on a computer, laptop, smartphone. To do this, it is enough to connect the prefix to the router – and the signal can be caught on any device.
Signal transmission is based on video compression using MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 technologies. In this regard, the receiver received another name – decoder. This device has several connectors, but we will talk about them later.
To connect such a device to the TV, you need to stick to some Recommendations. They are described below.
- Preparation of the device for work. Unpack, remove the protective film.
- The cable also has a film that needs to be cut. But you need to do it carefully, so as not to damage the protective layer.
- Flexing the film and screw the F-connectors.
- Turn off the TV from the network.
- Now the decoder cable can be connected to the device directly by the device directly.
- If the antenna was connected to the TV, now it must be connected to the decoder. Equipment has a separate entrance.
- Turn on the network and setup. After connecting to the television network and decoder, you can start setting the channels. To do this, it is enough to include it on the TV. It will take place automatically. If the connection is correct, the quick search of the TV channels will be guaranteed.
With an independent connection of the receiver to the telephoneial, there is an opportunity to use one of several Schedule, Described below.
This option is usually used if you need to connect an outdated TV.RCA-connector is the same “tulip”. The same option was used earlier when connecting DVD players. If you look at the cord device, then on each side you can observe 3 contacts of different colors: yellow, red and white. White and red cord are responsible for audio, and yellow – for video. Connectors on the TV and the console have the same colors. You just need to pair the TV and the consoles by means of this cable, considering the color. When connected, turn off the power from TV and decoder.
“Tulips” cannot transmit a picture in good quality, so when broadcasting, most likely, a variety of interference will emerge, the image may be flicker.
It is also worth noting that the possible maximum signal quality is 1080p.
This connector also belongs to already outraged by attachment options, since new TV modifications do not contain such connectors. Nevertheless, old TV shows can be connected to the receiver by the S-Video connector.
However, this cable can only pass the video signal. To connect an audio, you need to use another cable, which may not be included in any TV or the console. This fact complicates the TV connection to the decoder.
If you compare connections using the RCA cable and S-Video cable, it can be argued that the last option is much more preferable to the first, since in this case you can get a picture of quite high quality – the broadcast will be saturated and realistic.
With this method, you can get a good digital signal, however, it is considered an outdated connection option due to its dimensions. This connector supports stereo, S-VIDEO and RGB format. The cable is equipped with one end of the “tulips”, and from the second – a wide connector. To connect the cable correctly, you need to connect “tulips” with the receiver, and a wide connector with a TV.
When buying a cable, you must consider such a moment: the SCART cable is sold in various modifications. For this reason, it is necessary to carefully inspect the nest and take pictures of them.
This method allows you to connect the equipment by means of a satellite plate or a conventional cable. However, it is worth knowing that with such a connection, the video quality will be the same as when connected to the “tulips”. For this reason, such an approach is desirable to use if the consumer has a television filler with a small diagonal. Additionally, it is worth noting that this connection allows the user to connect two TVs. But in this case, the decoding device must have RF output and modulator. It is worth noting that not all decoders have these additional features.
YPBPR and YCBCr
Such connectors are designed by analogy with RCA plugs. However, the quality of the picture is much better – in this case, the video can be viewed as HD. The cord consists of five plugs: white and red aluminum, red, blue and green of plastic. Such an interface has a binary coding system. To connect the console to the TV using such a cable, you need to connect green, red and blue connectors in contacts with the marking of “video”, and in connectors with the audio marking – red and white.
If we talk about the appointment, the blue plug is responsible for the brightness and high-quality composition of blue on the screen, red – for brightness and red. The green connector is necessary to synchronize the image, and also occurred brightness.
Using such a cable option, you can connect digital broadcast without any problems. HDMI cable – Coaxial cord having good bandwidth. This cable is endowed with connectors at the ends. Video signal in such a connection will have full HD resolution.
How to connect to two TVs?
The prefix allows you to attach two television receivers to one chain at once. There are several Options Such accession. They will talk about them below.
- One of the TV shows is connected to the decoder with RF connector, the second – SCART cable.
- Through a RF modulator. This device resembles a regular tee for outlet. Its purpose is a split signal for several threads. The number of threads determines the number of connected TVs and depends on the splitter.
- The third option is based on connecting one TV to the HDMI connector, and the second to SCART or RCA.
However, when connecting 2 transmitting devices to 1, a number of flaws arise.
- There will be no possibility of reviewing two (or more) different TV channels simultaneously on all conjugate TVs. It turns out that only one channel on all TV is possible.
- When connecting a decoder to TV by cable, the length of which exceeds 15 meters, there are very tangible interference on the Kinescope TV.
- Switching channels are kept from the place where the receiver is connected.
As for the advantages, they can be attributed to the possibility of viewing several TVs at once without buying additional devices, except for one receiver.
How to setup?
Channel settings are made in Automatic mode. Some TVs are equipped with a control panel directly on the outer panel, and some settings are possible only by means of the remote control.
To configure channels by control on the TV itself, it is necessary to find the desired button on the outer panel and click “Forward”. After that, automatic configuration will start. Then you need to confirm the saving of TV channels.
To set the broadcast by means of the console, you must follow the recommendations below.
- First you need to find the “Menu” button on the control panel. Press it.
- Window opens. In this window you need to select “Channel Settings”.
- Perform a confirmation of the action by clicking the “OK” button.
- After searching the channels is completed, you need to save them by following the proprifical confirmation.
On how to connect and configure the receiver, see the following video.