Any thing that comes into contact with the human body has a property rapidly polluted. This applies not only to the items of clothing and decorations, but also equipment, in particular, headphones. To the sound of music remained at an altitude, and the product itself has served for a long time, you need to care for him correctly. Methods for cleaning such gadgets Consider in our material.
Regardless of what your headphone model has, sooner or later they are polluted. Most often in the product is clogged with dirt and ear sulfur, which becomes the cause of the following problems:
- unsightly appearance of the device;
In addition, we should not forget that the accumulation of sulfur and dirt is quite capable of affecting the health of earcons. Contaminated headphones become a seating of bacteria and all sorts of microorganisms, from here and constant itching in the ears even when the headphones have long been removed.
Good news is that in the case of contaminants, you can not contact the service centers and do not search for the master. This problem can be solved on your own, at home, without applying expensive means. Features of cleaning will depend on the type of headphones. For example, models that can be disassembled, cleared the easiest way, it will take only peroxide and cotton wand. It is desirable to remove the mesh and clean it separately.
If the headphones do not understand and the mesh cannot be removed, the toothpick is useful. With it you can quickly remove the sulfur and small particles of dirt, but keep the product need a mesh down so that the dirt goes out, and not pushed even deeper into the device.
Now consider some more features of the process:
- Cleaning can be carried out by special means that produce manufacturers themselves;
- It is recommended to clean not only headphones, but also the nest, which includes the plug;
- In collapsible models, the toothpick can be replaced with a thick needle or a toothbrush;
- It is impossible to allow water to get inside the device.
What can be cleaned headphones?
Funds that can be cleaned by headphones, several. All of them, most likely, have in your home aid kit, and if not, you can buy them literally for several rubles.
- Hydrogen peroxide. Anyone knows that before washing the ears, the doctor bursts into the ear peroxide of hydrogen, which perfectly softens sulfur and helps her leave earlier. This quality of peroxide can be successfully applied while cleaning headphones from sulfur. In addition, the peroxide perfectly cope with yellow spots on white models. But for leather products this product is not advised, because it can discourage headphones.
- Alcohol. This is another good tool that can not only be cleaned, but also to disinfect the gadget. Great for cleaning the dirty mesh, membrane, ambush. To wash the device, the alcohol is recommended to breed a little water, and you can apply it on a ear chopper or twisted piece of cotton. In addition to alcohol, you can use and vodka, the effect will be the same. Nevertheless, applying alcohol, you need to remember that with yellow spots, he is unable to cope.
- Chlorhexidine. This is an antiseptic solution, widely used in medical facilities for disinfection. He is softer than alcohol, but no worse disinfects the product. However, chlorhexidine is suitable only for cleaning external details, he should not get inside the headphones. They can be spectacular to clean the ambush, not more. But this solution is suitable for daily use. Slightly mixes your cotton disk, you can wipe the ambush before using the gadget. It will always keep ear in order.
In addition to these funds, there will be several more objects for cleaning headphones.
- Toothpick. With the toothpicks, you can safely remove the ambules and meshes, it will help you quickly and effectively remove sulfur lumps. Does not scratch and does not damage the device. In some cases, the toothpick may be too thick, then specialists recommend replacing it with a thin needle, but it should be used very neat.
- Cotton wand. Thanks to this item can easily wash the collapsible headphones, but most often it is used to clean the nest. To do this, you just need to moisten it in peroxide, insert into the nest, scroll and pull out a couple of times. If necessary, the procedure can be repeated. In the small parts, cotton wand is not recommended to use, because microscopic hairs remain after it.
- Cotton pad. Of course, with the help of a cotton disk to the interns of headphones, you can not get there. However, with the cleaning of the external parts, he will cope with decent. It is convenient to wipe the ambush and wires. It is believed that the cotton disk is much better than tissue materials, because it does not leave the villion, does not scratch and does not damage the surface of the headphones.
- Scotch. This item is convenient because it can fix the earphone at the time of cleaning to free the hands. This method is popular among many people, but not everyone knows that Scotch leaves sticky stripes, which will quickly stick dirt and crumbs. It is difficult to clean such stickiness, so it is better to use an alternative, for example, the clothespin.
These are all items that may be needed when cleaning headphones, however, I would like to mention another technique, which has not been practiced among gadget lovers so long. This is the use of vacuum cleaner. To take advantage of this technique, you need to cut out of plasticine ball, sizes corresponding to the device pipe. Then the ball is inserted into the hose itself, completely closing it.
In the ball you will need to stick the case of the usual handle without a rod. The vacuum cleaner is included in the minimum, and the handle tip is substituted to headphones. How safe is this cleaning option, it is difficult to judge.
Some say that this is the best idea, but insure the fact that inside the headphones something breaks or worries, it is impossible. Therefore, experts recommend still not to risk, but use such a technique only for a mesh, already removed from the gadget.
How to clean different models?
The cleaning process depends on the type of headphones, for each model it will look different. Consider the main options.
Such headphones are also called intracanal. They are fully introduced into the ear, blocking foreign sounds. As a rule, there are vacuum overlays on any similar model.
How to clean:
- Remove the lining, rinse with light soapy and put on a paper towel to complete drying;
- Watch your cotton disk with alcohol slightly, and then wipe the surface and wire of the device;
- These are non-separable headphones, so the grid will not be removed, and therefore act as: in a small container (you can cover) pour a small amount of peroxide and immerse the headphones so that the fluid touches the mosses, but did not go further;
- The duration of the procedure is a quarter of an hour, while you can keep headphones with hands or fix the clothespin (scotch);
- Remove the device from peroxide and dry on a towel.
It’s some of the simplest headphones. Can be both collapsible and no. If the headphones are collapsible, we do as follows:
- Wipe all the outer surfaces with alcohol or peroxide;
- From above is the pad that you want to unscrew, turning a couple of times (most often clockwise);
- The lining also needs to be wiped with any disinfectant solution;
- Pour the disinfector into a small container and fold the mesh there, carefully removing them from the device;
- Remove the meshes, dry and reinsert into the product;
- tighten back plastic lining.
In that case, if the product is not possible, simply use the toothpick, without forgetting to wipe the outer surfaces with alcohol.
Large overhead headphones, which, although not inserted directly into the auditory passage, also have a property polluted. Clean them like this:
- Remove the lining, wipe them with a soft cloth or treat the mini vacuum cleaner;
- a rigid brush in a slightly moist in alcohol, diluted with water, and wipe the surface and speakers;
- Put the headphones on the towel and wait until they dried;
- Put on the lining.
Headphones from iPhone are positioned as collapsible, but this process is complex and may in some cases endally. Without a particular need, it is better not to disassemble the device. If you still want to do this, use the following instructions:
- Take a thin knife and pitch the dynamics cover;
- Using toothpicks, remove the sulfur and dirt;
- Moisten a cotton wand in a disinfectant solution, press and wipe the inside of the device;
- Return the cover into place by sticking it (it will not be able to do without gluing, it provided for the manufacturer).
Apple Earpods is white headphones, so they, of course, are rapidly polluted. If yellow spots appeared on the product, they are quite easy to whiten the peroxide. By the way, for this purpose there may be a liquid for removing varnish (without acetone), but it is necessary to act carefully so that the composition does not get into the headphones themselves. As for the wires of any models, they are quickly cleaned by conventional wet napkins or cloth. If dirt hosted, you can use alcohol, peroxide. The liquid is applied to the spot, and then with a slight force is clenched with a sponge.
Important: the most dangerous liquid for headphones is water. If it falls inside, the system of the device can be closed, and it will stop working. However, some measures to prevent this is still possible.
Shake the product well so that the water flows out, and then drain it with your cotton disk. After that, you need to put the headphones into a warm place, and if you have no time to wait, you can simply blow it with a hairdryer.
About how to clean Apple Earpods headphones, look in the following video.
What can not be used?
Many owners trying to get an updated device, begin to look for different cleaning techniques, but they are not always the right. The following means cannot be used if you do not want to spoil your thing forever:
- soap, shampoo, shower gel, dishwashing liquid (light soap solution can only be used to clean the removed vacuum linings);
- bleach and solvents;
- aggressive detergent;
- washing powder, soda;
- Liquid remover with acetone.
In addition, there are some more requirements:
- If you do not know how to disassemble the device or suspect that it is not possible at all, you do not need to experiment;
- For the internal parts of the device, use exclusively alcohol;
- Do not try to disconnect the wires inside, pull them, in a different way to fix it;
- Do not use force, cleaning headphones: and the grid, and the dynamics are fragility;
- Take care that there was a good light during operation.
And finally, let’s give some tips about how to care for headphones:
- Keep the device in a special box (you can find with any design, each manufacturer of headphones releases), then they will be polluted;
- Do not carry the device in your pocket, it becomes the cause of the wires of the wires, and hence the rapid breakdowns;
- Do not set the device to the maximum power, so the dynamics “sit down” faster, and the rumor is spoiled over time;
- If the model is the water permeable, you do not need to listen to music under torrential rain;
- Vacuum linings quickly fail, do not be lazy to change them on time;
- Be sure to follow the status of earcons: if you often listen to music in headphones, the ears should be in order;
- Brush the headphones once a month, even if visible contaminants are not observed on them;
- Do not give your product to strangers, this is contrary to the rules of hygiene (however, if it still happened, do not forget to clean the device with peroxide or chlorhexidine).
Headphones are one of those things without which many just do not think of their lives. Favorite music will always raise the mood, charges with cheerfulness, will calm and cause pleasant emotions in mind.
But that the sound is distinguished by quality, and the device has been served for many years, it is important to take care of him. Only in this case it will have a decent appearance, and its owner – enjoy the melodies without interference.