The inhabitants of houses and apartments heat gives a lot of unpleasant minutes, however, the creation of a favorable microclimate in the room until recently attention was practically not paid, and the split-system was considered rather as a matter of luxury, and not as the necessary appliances. But the times are going, the situation changes, therefore today today an increasing number of owners of residential premises seek to create for themselves and their close comfortable living conditions. Air conditioners and split systems have become a demanded goods submitted on the market in a wide variety of models.
How to choose type?
To begin with, we offer you a list of questions that you have to answer before choosing a suitable model of air conditioner for your home. It should immediately decide which design will be as accurately complying with the available operational conditions: window, portable or split-system.
One of the most important parameters is the power capabilities of the product. Features of the future use are also important: whether you are planning to use equipment only for cooling air masses in the apartment, and maybe you will need the heating option.
Should not forget about the parameters of energy efficiency, since it is largely your electricity bills depend.
Of principled value is the level of noise. Pay attention to the additional functionality, many users choose air conditioners that, except cooling, are engaged in the overall improvement in air quality. And of course, When choosing such expensive equipment, the rating of manufacturers has an important value.
The first thing to start when selecting a suitable climate set model is to determine what type of model you can treat. All products offered in the market can be divided into two basic categories: monoblock installations, as well as split systems that include 2 and more blocks.
Such climatic equipment includes window, as well as mobile options. Window designs once enjoyed in great demand and dominated their industry. Nowadays, their demand is reduced to zero, since there are much more cons of this design than the advantages.
The pluses of window window equipment include their relatively affordable cost, as well as ease of installation – Similar devices need to simply fix in advance prepared opening and connect to the network. However, it should be taken into account that the creation of a similar opening is often becoming a fairly significant problem. Owners of the residential premises account for or cut a hole in the wall, or disrupt the integrity of the window. And in fact, and in another case, quite complex repair and construction work will be required.
In addition, after mounting the window technology, you will have to additionally make sealing of discrepancies between the air conditioner body and the opening, and this also entails additional costs. Finally, The functioning of the window equipment creates tangible discomfort, as the compressor is placed in the monoblock, respectively, the operation of such devices is rather noisy.
Window models are most often installed on dachas, at the end of the warm season, the air conditioner can always be removed and pick up home for winter storage, and the opening is closed with a metal or wooden shield.
Portable designs are represented in outdoor versions, they have their advantages and disadvantages. To begin with, we note that their mobility is conditional – the design in any case is tied to the location of the corrugated sleeve channel, designed to remove the heated air flow to the street. Of course, a similar conclusion can be equipped through a dialing window, but this method is not safe – if such an air conditioner will accidentally fall, the risk of injury passing by people will be very high.
Mobile monoblocks are quite massive, therefore, in combination with a long corrugation, they will clutch the residential premises. Again, the sound impact factor is not excluded, since the compressor is placed directly indoors. In addition, you will have to constantly keep control of the accumulation of condensate, otherwise you can skip the collection of a collection tank.
This option is also optimal for seasonal stay. For urban dwelling, this decision cannot be called successful.
Distinctive feature of Split – the presence of several modules. One of them external: it contains the main power element, that is, the cooling system, this unit is taken out to the street. Inside the room there is only one or a number of internal modules – they are responsible for the direct cooling of the air mass and its redistribution throughout the room. The use of such air conditioners is more comfortable for the inhabitants of the house, because the most noisy designs are located outside.
As for the internal modules, they can have a variety of performance options. In everyday life, wall models are usually used, they have a rectangular slightly elongated shape. At the same time, the design of the body can vary from different manufacturers, so you can always pick up a model that will be optimally approaching the room design.
For multi-room housing, it makes sense to choose a multi split system. In this case Multiple internal modules can be tied to a single external module, with each internal module can have its own individual settings. Of course, the acquisition of such equipment and its installation will cost you somehow, but in any case it will be more profitable than buying and installing 2-3 separate air conditioners.
For mounted ceilings, the internal module of cassette type is usually chosen, he harmoniously fits into any modern interiors. Similar structures can spread streams in different directions.
Pretty useful difference has internal elements of the outdoor ceiling splits, their scheme allows you to vary the method of their placement. So, such modules can be installed near the floor like heating radiator – in this case, the air mass will be sent near the wall. The second option involves fixing on the ceiling – then the cooled flow will circulate along its surface.
There are models of split-systems of column and channel type, however, in residential areas they are practically not used. The internal module of the channel construction is usually placed openly, and air masses are conducted in the most different sections of a single large space or even in different rooms. The internal module of the column system is attached in spaces with a large area, such an installation allows you to easily distribute conditioned air throughout the lounge.
Both options involve overestimated power parameters, so they are usually mounted for air conditioning large trading rooms, large office space and production workshops.
Summarizing all of the above, you can summarize the main advantages and cons of split systems. Pluses include:
- The power of the split is much larger than the corresponding parameter of the monoblock products;
- The main power component is located in a non-residential room, thereby ensuring a reduced level of noise in the functioning of the technique;
- Thanks to a wide range of models, it is possible to select an internal module in both design and options for its installation.
From minuses allocate:
- Installation complexity – For installation, it is required not only to fix external and internal compartments, but also to link them with an electric cable, as well as pipes for which refrigerant flows (such work needs a qualifying approach, therefore, for the most part, it is technically impossible for self-execution);
- The system is attached stationary, it does not allow seasonal movements, although if you wish, you can always disassemble it and hang again, but it entails considerable costs;
- Finally, it is not necessary to forget about some vulnerability of the outdoor unit, which is not protected from vandalism, especially if it is on the first, second or last floors (in some regions there is a ban on the placement of air conditioners on the facade of buildings, this also need to be borne in mind when buying climate technique).
And yet, in modern homes, it is best to make a choice in favor of a split system, because it has more advantages than the flaws.
Selection of air conditioner based on the room area
When selecting the air conditioner, it is extremely important to take into account the work of the room where the technique will be installed. Everything is simple here: The larger area – the higher the power characteristics should be.
It has been established that in the usual apartment at the height of the ceilings not higher than 3 m for every 10 m2 there should be no less than 1 kW of the power of the equipment, respectively, 20 m2 should be laid 2 kW, 40 m2 – 4 kW and t. D., otherwise the decent effect from the equipment you will not wait.
Some owners of residential premises are confused and immediately buy too powerful split-fitting with a large stock of power. However, this approach is unjustified. On the one hand, such a system can very quickly cope with the task of cooling the air, on the other, in the conditions of the air conditioning that does not correspond to the size of the space, it will often be frequent from the sleep mode in a working and on the contrary – it entails rapid equipment. If you are going to produce more thorough calculations, you will need to take into account a lot of additional factors:
- the location of the room on the sunny or shadow side;
- wall height;
- the total area of glazing;
- The average number of people permanently staying in the room;
- The heat released from the working technique.
What brand is preferred?
Nowadays, hundreds of air conditioners are presented in the segment of climate techniques from a huge number of manufacturers. The most reliable manufacturers of climate equipment are Japanese brands Daikin and Mitsubishi, as well as Toshiba and Fujitsu. The technique of these brands is characterized by an increased rate of efficiency, products are performed from high-strength materials and have an impressive arsenal of functionality. However, the cost of such equipment is high and starts from 25-30 thousand. rub.
In the segment “Decent Quality for Democratic Cost” Palm Championship belongs to Korean companies LG and Samsung, Japanese Stamps Panasonic and Hitachi, companies from the USA General Electric, Fedders, Carrier, as well as the French brand Airwell and Delonghi Italians. The price of these models begins from 20 thousand. rub. In the segment “Economy” in most cases, products of Chinese manufacturers Gree, Haier, as well as Midea, Dantex are presented. The average price tag of such air conditioners is 15 thousand. rub.
In the conditions of limited budget, some buyers make a common mistake, acquiring climate techniques from unverified importers. If you go in this way, then with a high probability, you will be offered split collected on one of China’s underground workshops or a model, or a model that is rejected at the corporate factory.
There is only one guaranteed way to not be the owner of low-quality equipment – to contact major suppliers and official dealers.
Other selection options
When buying any climatic equipment it is very important to determine the functionality you need. Nowadays, manufacturers offer split systems and air conditioners with a wide variety of functions, in the context of each company tries to offer its consumers something unique. The set of basic functions includes the following.
- Heating. This option is designed to use during off-season when there is no heating in the room, but it’s already cold outside the window. In most split systems, work is provided at temperatures up to -7 degrees, but at lower temperatures on the street, the heating power drops, then the risk of icing an external block increases.
However, some manufacturers meet inverter models – they can heat the living room when the window is -25 degrees.
- Decision. This option in most air conditioners is now standard. It is relevant in the conditions of high humidity in the room, its use allows a person easier to carry the exhausting heat and protects against the spread of mold.
- Ventilation. Determines the free movement of air indoors. In this case, the fan and compressor of the outdoor unit are disconnected, only internal works.
- Purification of air mass. Practically in every air conditioner there is a coarse filter, it is able to hold dust, fluff, pet wool and other large particles. As the filters are used, they are polluted, so every 3 months need to be removed and rinsed. In more modern models, fountal cleaning filters are installed, they are able to capture particles of the smallest dimensions: pollen of plants, as well as in gases and smoke and unpleasant odors. Clear such filters with a vacuum cleaner or water is not always possible, it is best to change them. Often consultants in trading enterprises say many enthusiastic words about supermodic filters, but silent that every month of them need to be updated.
For example, a katechin filter can be used no more than a month, after this period it becomes useless and may be the reason for the appearance of a rotten smell.
- Ionization. Under this function it is understood as the release of adversely charged oxygen ions into the air. It is believed that they contribute to improved immunity, enhance mental and physical activity. Aerioons is particles of oxygen that carry electric charge. In a natural environment, they are in large numbers are present near the waterfalls, on the shores of the mountain rivers, oceans and seas, as well as on the slopes of high mountains. However, it should be noted that there are no officially confirmed data on the expediency of using such a regime, so many people do not feel any effect on ionization.
Keep in mind – when oncological and some other diseases, ionization is able to worsen the state.
- Oxygen saturation. Under this mode of operation, absolutely different mechanisms may be taken. This may be a special generator consisting of two separators – in it physical air methods is divided into nitrogen and oxygen, while nitrogen is removed on the street, and oxygen returns to the room. In some models, membranes are used, when sucking air, they hold nitrogen molecules, and oxygen is passed.
Check out the set of additional features.
- Night mode. This option implies a decrease in noise allocated by air conditioning by reducing the number of fan speed. In addition, the installation operating in the night mode reduces the temperature of the air for a couple of degrees, imitating the night cooling. Closer to the morning the temperature indoors again returns to a comfortable level for a person.
- 3D thread. In this case, users can adjust the direction of cooled air circulation.
- Turbo mode. This feature is necessary in those situations when it is necessary to warm up or cool the room very quickly, while the air conditioner will work for maximum power until the specified parameters are reached. This usually happens 35% faster than when working in normal mode.
- Defrosting of an external bloc. The option is relevant when using the air conditioner in the winter season, when the temperature outside the window does not exceed 5 degrees.
- Self-Diagnosis. Implies an independent definition of malfunction.
- Wi-Fi support. In this case, you can control climate technique even with a smartphone, however, if there is a convenient console in this function there is no need.
Arsenal options that can be detected in modern air conditioners models, great. As a rule, the more expensive design – the more diverse the system of individual control over the air conditioning of the room.
For example, the most expensive models have motion sensors, they calculate how much at the point there is a person, and on the basis of this parameter, it is corrected by its performance, as well as the direction of air flow.
The coolant power parameters often lead to the confusion of users who are unsolicited in technical issues, since values are frighteningly large. However, it is not worth worrying – you just need to choose a model of air conditioner with a suitable energy efficiency class. The point here is that the power consumption of any device, as well as its functionality, albeit interrelated, but still different units, and their ratio indicates an effective or no transformation of electrical energy into thermal. To determine the energy efficiency of climatic equipment use two basic parameters.
- EER – A formally established parameter that is calculated as the ratio of the cooling power of the split to the volume of electricity consumed. The indicator is the base for the gradation of equipment by degree of energy efficiency.
- Sorrow – equals the attitude of the heat released to the number of electricity consumed. This coefficient is usually slightly higher than EER, since the heating of the compressor also works at the heat output. By the way, there are cases when unscrupulous manufacturers in an attempt to overestimate the class of their products instead of EER in their advertising prospects indicate that non-correct.
The more Eer and Sor, the more efficient, and therefore, and more economical will split.
In order for consumers not to be confused in numbers, manufacturers adopted an alphabetic classification of climatic devices by categories of energy efficiency from “A”, which involves maximum parameters, to “G” – this is the minimum parameter.
Split should not impede the comfortable life of the people in the premises of people with their hum. It acts here is the simplest rule: the quieter works climate installation – the better. Most of the models presented in the market is characterized by noise emission in 34 dB. At the most quiet models of the invertor group, the level of the allocated sound does not exceed 20 dB. In order to understand, there is a lot or a little, it is possible to simply compare the indicators with the requirements of the Federal Law “On Silence”, in accordance with which at night the noise level should not exceed 30 dB.
So, the noise from climate technology with 20 dB can be compared with the tick of wall clocks or with a whisper of a person. Unconverter models are louder – they highlight from 30 to 45 dB. This corresponds to the adopted standard, in the afternoon this sound you simply will not notice, however, at night he can disturb you a little.
Analyzing customer reviews and recommendations of specialists, You can draw the following conclusions.
- For a one-room apartment, as well as for houses with a large number of residential premises, it is best to make a choice in favor of wall split systems, such structures are optimal for a wide variety of climatic conditions and temperature fluctuations. In addition, they are presented in a wide price range, so everyone can choose the optimal model, taking into account the possibilities of its budget.
- Purchase mobile air conditioners makes sense only to accommodate in the country or in those rooms where there is no possibility to hang the split system with an external module.
- The cassette air conditioner will be the best choice for spaces with an area of 50 m2, for premises with smaller dimensions, they should not even be considered.
- Even before the hike in the store, make a list of functions that you actually need.
- Be sure to specify the service life of the built-in filters from the seller.
- When you select a home use model, you should pay attention not only to the cooling area, but also not the parameters of the efficiency of the system. Any class of class below and can repeatedly increase your electricity bills.
- Do not attempt to install climate techniques yourself. The fact is that with the unprofessional installation, the full collapse of the structure is not excluded. When choosing a mounting company, make sure that it has a license to carry out appropriate work, require documents confirming the authorization of the master to provide such services.
remember, that Every air conditioner needs proper and careful care. No less often than once every six months, the filters should be changed in order to inside the pathogenic microflora inside. Well, remember that prices for climatic installations for a room of 20 kV. M., As a rule, begin with 13-15 thousand. rub. and can leave up to hundreds of thousands. However, it is not the final expenses that you will have to incur.
The fact is that the installation of the air conditioner can be up to 100% of the value of the technique itself, and to this place you should be ready if you want your purchase to really come in handy to you, and did not go to the storage room “to the best times”.
On how to choose air conditioning, see next video.