English style in the interior was able to combine many directions and styles that existed in England from the beginning of the Middle Ages and to this day. To some extent, this style is a combination of Victorian and Georgian directions, which are already considered to be a classic.
The George Epoch began at the beginning of the XVIII century. In this era, the British style had a lot of features of ancient Greece and Rome. The components of the interiors were practical, unique and functional. The color solution of the premises was selected in such a way as to ensure the maximum amount of natural light.
Victorian era started in 1837 and brought with him an industrial revolution and its development. England’s possessions spread to many colonies, resulting in a bourgeoisie rapidly rich. It was then that fashion became the objects that could afford only units. As a result, the interiors became more luxurious and were designed to show the wealth of their owner.
The creator of the modern English style is William Morris, who managed to unite the features of the Victorian and Georgian era. This interior has its own distinctive features.
- Easy decor. Each room should decorated in such a way as to fully meet its destination. That is why it is almost impossible to see two combined rooms.
In addition, it is not customary to install any partitions, and zoning is allowed only by selecting lighting.
- Pragmatic. The main feature of the British is that they love all the highest quality and durable. In the process of designing the interior, close attention is paid to the functionality and reliability of objects, and their regional origin does not matter.
In such an interior you can easily see elements from other countries.
- Floral romanticism. In the premises decorated in the classic English style, you can see various ornaments and floral motifs.
However, these patterns should be the most restrained.
- Unique combination of simplicity and monumentality. The main feature of the interior in the English style is that the massive elements are perfectly combined with elegant. Symmetrical parts can be excellent in the original decor.
For example, a massive sofa with good upholstery will look good, if you decorate it with flirtal armrests.
- Attractive appearance. Even despite the fact that this style involves a combination of incompatible, the interiors still get quite interesting and stylish.
Achieve this effect is possible through the use of the same texture.
It should be noted that the Georgian style is more restrained than the Victorian. It involves the use of a smaller number of decorations and objects of furniture, as well as a monophonic finish. In such interiors, the walls are very often decorated in red or burgundy color solutions, and textiles are performed in cream.
Any interior decorated in Victorian style will definitely include the features of Georgian. Despite the fact that the English style is characterized by glamor and brightness, he is still inherent classical notes and greatness. Eclectic is allowed only within the framework of the allowed. The luxury must be the maximum restrained, used fabrics – expensive. As for the furniture, it is chosen in such a way as to listen to dozens of years.
Finish and colors
In order to create a unique and stylish interior in a British style, close attention needs to be finished.
The most popular material as an outdoor coating in this stylistic direction is a parquet or wooden board. Moreover, Laminers should fit in such a way as to create a specific drawing. The floors are also quite often covered with carpets that must be monophonic or include various geometric elements. The use of such an accessory allows you to largely simplify the process of harmonization of space.
If the premises are characterized by high humidity or other features that make it impossible to use natural wood, then it is possible to use ceramic tiles as finishing material. However, it should be characterized by natural shades. The most optimal option for such an interior is the chess location of the tile.
A distinctive feature of the room decorated in the English style is that the ceilings usually remain white. They can be just painted in beige or tender tone. The methods of finishing this surface are several, and it is worth choosing, based on the budget and personal preferences.
First of all, the ceiling can be separated by plaster. Close attention to this method is given to the jewelry. To do this, an excellent solution will be various stucco elements. This is a fairly universal way that will be an excellent solution for finishing any room.
Besides, The ceiling is very often decorated using various stucco elements that are also highlighted using color. This option is considered the best solution for living rooms and holls in which solemn events are usually held. If there is a sufficient budget, the ceilings can be decorated with vintage elements.
One of the advantages of this interior is that it is possible to separate the walls with any materials. Walls will look good both with wallpaper and paint. Not only the texture is important, but also. Background surfaces are best finished with neutral tones or use various floral prints for this. As for the walls, monotony is considered the ideal solution, but vertical stripes can also be applied to give diversity.
A distinctive feature of the English style in the creation of the interior is the presence of areas that consist of several levels. For example, the lower section can be decorated with wooden panels, but the upper sections will look great if you go to wallpaper. In this case, it is allowed to use not only floral prints, but also heraldic signs.
Textiles and decor
The English colonial direction in the interior is distinguished by large clothing storage accessories, books for storing books and servants for porcelain dishes, which are located in each room. The British love to exhibit attractive things and family values, which are inherited. These can be various sets, baskets, unique photos and more.
The decor in such premises is needed in order to emphasize the uniqueness of furniture and other accessories that are distinguished by an antique appearance. Furniture is decorated with different fittings. It can be interesting handles and covers, pilasters and more. In addition, the carpet of handmade, tile, pillows on the windowsill will be excellent room supplement.
Among the main decoration tips can be allocated as follows:
- Used furniture is painted, after which it is slightly polished, which allows it to provide it with an antique appearance;
- The easiest way to create a unique English interior is the use of covers for sofas and chairs;
- Small family pictures without problems increase and hang on the wall, and old photos can be restored by simply by contacting the specialized center.
English style in the interior suggests the presence of a variety of accessories that are made of fabric. The most optimal material is the Chins. It is a tight cotton, which is also distinguished by a flower print.
In order to carry out a successful combination of the interior in the classic English direction and modern style, close attention should be paid to the selection of optimal furniture. Today it is almost impossible to imagine an authentic English interior without fireplace. It is best to use the original option, however, if due to limited space, it is not possible, you can use electrical models. Put the appropriate aristocratic atmosphere will help natural cladding with a stone or brickwork. Furniture need to be located in such a way that it is located face to the fireplace. To give the most comfortable setting, you can also use soft mats next to the fireplace.
Interior of the room, decorated in the appropriate style, is simply obliged to include a sofa Chesterfield. He first appeared in the XVIII century, but it looks extremely stylish and fashionable. There are many models of sofas in the modern market, which differ in their interpretations. Upholstery can be made of leather, soft plush or other materials. In most cases, this sofa becomes the central element of the living room.
Any English House assumes a place to store books, so bookcases can be installed almost everywhere. It can even be a separate room allocated for the library. Create an authentic English style with small chairs, tables and landscaners.
If the house consists of several floors, then the true dwelling decoration will be a staircase made in bourgeois style. It can be contrasting, the space between the steps can be painted in wooden shades.
One of the most interesting interior items can be a fireplace chair that is against velvet or genuine leather. As you know, the room decorated in the British style is characterized by comfort and attractiveness, so the sofas and chairs should differ soft upholstery and comfortable armrests.
Furniture color in the process of creating an interior in English style also matters. It can be beige, light gray or light yellow options, as well as pastel models. If you need to distribute color accents, you can use pillows, tablecloths and other decor items.
For a dining room, an excellent solution will be the use of antique lockers, which are made in a white color solution. In such interiors, the buffet is needed not only for storing dishes, but also to set it down.
Such furniture will add a special charm and comfort to the whole room.
Lighting organizations need to pay close attention, because it depends on the appearance of the interior.
- You need to pay attention to the details. For example, if a chandelier is used with patterns, then you need to make sure that they will harmoniously combine with the main patterns on furniture, chairs and wallpaper. The same rule will be relevant when using.
- For the interior in the British style, the lamp will be a great solution. For example, when it is assisted in the cottage you can arrange accents. If it is a lighting device, made in retrostile, then you can put a chair or a chair from a tree next to it.
- When choosing textile lamps, it is better to give preference to those decorated with Ryushami.
- No need to make a strong focus on the central light, since this style of the interior loves many lamps and sconces.
- The more wooden elements will be, the better.
Examples of interior design
The interior in English style is distinguished by a unique view and sophistication. The construction of such ancient houses began in the XVIII century, but the interiors are still considered relevant and are popular. When creating you need to pay attention to everything, starting inlet doors and ending with the repair of the walls of the mansion.
Consider examples of design of different premises.
- English-style library. Accents are placed using vases and styles.
- Bedroom in Victorian style with a large bed, armchair and set of lands.
- Living room with parquet on the floor, plastered wall, lamps and wooden panels on the wall.
On the secrets of creating an interior in English style you can learn from the video below.