Modern columns differ in many criteria. This applies not only to technical parameters, but also the method of installing such music techniques. Today, the built-in type columns are increasing. In this article we will look at what kinds they are divided, and how to choose correctly.
What it is?
Before moving towards a close acquaintance with all the features of modern embedded speakers, it is worth understanding that they represent themselves.
Such systems consist of a set of speakers that must be installed in accordance with the technology of hidden installation. The base can be a ceiling or even landscape, if it comes to a country house.
The principle of operation of such musical equipment is extremely simple: instead of fixing the technique in a standard case from plastic or wood, columns are mounted in the ceiling or wall space.
It is done in the same way as when mounting point lamps.
Overview of the types of placement
Embedded speakers can be installed in different bases. Every owner himself chooses which option is attractive. Read all the features of the columns that need to be embedded in the walls and ceiling.
In the wall
Wall acoustic systems in most cases are made rectangular or square. It is these technical devices most often used in high-tech home cinemas. Here they perform the function of multimedia speakers.
Multi-band or multiple systems of an embedded type with the central arrangement of the emitter are allowed to be used as a full-fledged loudspeaker or as a voice over the front channels.
Wall acoustic devices more often have impressive enabarits of the case part, as well as a rather big mass. But such a technique boasts high functionality and democratic cost.
They can be installed in large spaces of a large area, even if additional playback modules are not provided here – the power will still be enough. The specified type of home acoustics can be attributed to modern sound panels and popular soundbars that produce many well-known brands.
We will understand the advantages of wall built-in speakers.
- If high-quality amplifier is provided, the wall acoustic system will be able to give high-quality and surround sound without unnecessary interference and distortion. Thus, it is possible to achieve maximum immersion in the film or the musical composition you like.
- Such devices are distinguished by fairly simple installation, for which the expensive professional tool will not be required. You can do all the work with your own hands, but you can call the masters – each user decides itself.
- Wall-mounted built-in columns are usually loud, so with their help you will be able to fill in high-quality sound even a spacious room of a large area.
But there are also its drawbacks:
- Wall musical systems are more striking, rather than their ceiling “competitors”;
- These devices often have a heavy case;
- The sound emanating from such columns is not distributed perfectly uniformly, because the waves face obstacles.
In the ceiling
Ceiling acoustic systems are more often made round. These devices have small sizes, especially in comparison with Navy analogues.
The ceiling location is considered to be more successful and advantageous because the sound waves are minimized from various kinds of obstacles. Sound distribution turns out to be uniform, so it is felt deeper than in the case of other types of installation.
It is not recommended to start installing the ceiling columns on your own. It is better to contact the services of specialists who used to deal with similar works. So you protect yourself from the assumption of serious errors. In addition, professionals will be able to develop the highest quality project to embed columns in the ceiling base.
Ceiling acoustic systems are perfectly protected from most possible external damage. Often, such music techniques are installed in commercial premises (for example, in stores, clubs, bars and other similar establishments). In such conditions, ceiling acoustics remains invisible to visitors and nothing is distinguished from the interior, but copes with its main responsibilities.
Columns designed for installation in the ceiling base have several advantages:
- they are distinguished by a lightweight case, due to which acoustics are possible to integrate both in drywall and in the system of stretch ceilings;
- With ceiling acoustics, the sound is distributed in the room evenly and efficiently, because it is practically not facing special obstacles like columns of furniture or other interior objects;
- When external speakers are embedded in the ceiling, they become absolutely inconspicuous and do not catch up.
From disadvantages, you can note the following:
- Installation of ceiling acoustic systems is more complex, so it is most often trusted by specialists, and these are additional spending;
- The cost of ceiling columns is usually higher than in the case of wall devices.
It’s hard to say exactly what location of the columns is better – wall or ceiling. For the premises of a commercial type, it is better to fix the music technique in the ceiling base, and for home operating, for example, in the apartment, and wall instances are quite suitable. Although, of course, every person himself decides, what kind of he likes it.
Embedded columns are a durable and constant solution that can do the consumer in the round sum. For this reason, it is so important to select high-quality models issued by well-known manufacturers with a brilliant reputation.
Brand products are always distinguished by impeccable assembly quality and high wear resistance.
Many users scare away the high cost of branded embedded acoustics. But may not be confused by the most democratic price tag – spending high-quality technique with excellent sound.
The best manufacturers of embedded acoustics today are considered:
- BG Radia;
- Wisdom Radia;
- Solus Audio;
- CERWIN VEGA;
Brand products are always distinguished by impeccable assembly quality and high wear resistance.
Products of listed brands have long won the vast popularity and consumer confidence.
Manufacturers boast the highest quality of service. Many of them provide a long warranty on their technique.
Criterias of choice
Modern columns of the built-in type are presented in a wide range, which complicates the choice of the optimal model for the consumer with certain needs. Man is simply lost in a huge selection of high-quality and functional models. To pick up the equipment of this type it was easier, should be repelled from several main criteria.
Number of bands
Acoustics can have from 1 to 7 frequency bands responsible for the quality of the transmission and sound. Optimal and affordable option – two-band devices. However, experienced music lovers are still advised to look for more practical three- and more multi-band specimens. Yes, they will cost more, but will reproduce better sound.
Power is responsible for the sound level of the device and its volume. The main thing is to ensure that the power of the speakers correspond to the power of the amplifier. If the indicators are varied, the system will soon risk breaking.
In a standard room, the area of which is up to 18 square. m, it is desirable to install the system, the power of which ranges from 70 to 80 W.
For 30 square meters. m suitable equipment in 100 watts. If we are talking about space Over 30 kV. m, then there is a sense to install acoustics with a capacity of 150 W.
For a home theater or a small media center, there is enough built-in acoustics, the frequency range of which ranges from 100 to 20,000 Hz. To listen to music tracks, it is recommended to buy equipment with indicators of 20-35000 Hz.
This is the parameter of the sound playback at a distance of 1 m from the column. Indicates this characteristic in decibels. So, Indicators from 84 to 88 dB speak of a low volume level, from 89-92 dB – about an average, from 94 to 110 dB – about the highest volume.
This is an indicator that is responsible for the resistance of the technique of variable current. It plays an important role in the conjugation of an acoustic system with an external amplifier.
Be sure to make sure that the impedances of the amplifier and the emitter are withstanding at one level.
Otherwise the distortion of the sound will not be avoided.
Try to acquire only branded embedded columns. They are presented in a wide range.
In stores you can find a high-quality set of columns with a variety of options (for example, with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi).
In a set with all devices from famous brands there will always be a detailed instruction manual.
The original brand technique will be able to find only in specialized stores, where household appliances are sold or musical technical devices. Buy such things on the market or in dubious outlets with an incomprehensible name is not recommended – you risks buy a low-quality product that does not suit you exactly.
Read with some curious features of the installation of columns.
- If you are engaged in the arrangement of high-quality home theater, you need to decide where you will put columns. It is important to solve both at what stage you will do this: at the stage of repair or in the ready-made interior. If the installation of the technique is selected at the repair stage, it is recommended to give preference technique with your own body.
- Acoustic boxes are used to eliminate extra oscillations. This is the optimal placement of music columns. It is mounted close to the guides, and not to the plasterboard part. Acoustics can be installed in the box using special hinges.
- If you have chosen the wall-built acoustics, you should know that when using a special acoustic box, the impact of a foreign electromagnetic field is completely eliminated. In addition, this method is characterized by high fire safety.
- Any embedded system is complemented by a protective metal grille. Together with it often sold catching gasket for protection against dust. The outer part of the lattice can be repainted in any shade. Then nothing in the interior will not be knocked out of the general ensemble.
Review of embedded acoustic systems See in video.