Acoustic system allows you to get high-quality sound, but to fully disclose its potential and avoid imbalance when playing sound, you must additionally install special racks. They will allow not only all the elements of the system at a certain height, but also to eliminate the vibration from the case, making the sound more volumetric, bright and clean. These devices can be both purchased in the finished form and make themselves alone from undergraduate materials.
The column stand is a special rigid and reliable design, which acts as a support for the components of the elements of the speaker system. It has a low frequency of its own resonance and is made from various materials, most often it is acrylic, glass, MDF, metal and wood.
The main feature of the racks for acoustics is that they are released by hollow. This is done so that in the future the cavity can be filled with fraction or sand, which will allow you to get an absolutely inert stand.
In addition, rubber gaskets or metal spikes are installed in the upper and lower plates, which contributes to high-quality vibration, cable channel for convenience is hidden.
To date, the market is represented by a huge assortment of accessories for acoustic systems, among which the racks for speakers are used by special demand. They may differ among themselves not only by manufacturing, design, but also sizes, installation site (floor, suspended).
Beautiful looks in modern designSupport from wood, which is installed on the floor. Interesting are the models made from a combination of several materials. As for the dimensions, the racks are produced both for small, medium acoustic systems (their height is up to 80 cm) and for large speakers with a height of 20 to 60 cm.
By material manufacturing
Since the racks for speakers are vertical support (base-support), they are made of various materials. For example, most often on sale can be found models in which the rack is made of metal and is supplemented with a glass shelf. The quality of the product is determined by the operational characteristics of the material from which it is made.
- Metal. Has a solid appearance and high strength. This material is considered the most popular, so it is often chosen by manufacturers to create racks.
- Wood. Is a high-quality material that reliably serves a long term, but it costs expensive. An alternative to natural wood is MDF, which is a wood-fibrous stove of medium density.
Wood and MDF stands are able to smooth out separate frequencies, providing a “fusion” and smooth sound.
- Metal and tree. Such a combination can be represented in different variations: in some models make a rack from metal, and the basis is made of wood, while others are released simultaneously in two versions (metal and wooden).
- Glass and metal. In such racks, the base is usually made of glass, and the support is made of metal. At the same time, the glass is used only tempered, as it can withstand significant loads.
Such models refer to premium class, they differ in aesthetic species and decent acoustic characteristics.
- Plastic. This material is usually chosen for the manufacture of floor racks, since it is not suitable for wall mounts. Plastic is not a durable material, so it is usually complemented to ensure reliable metal details.
In addition, the racks for the columns may differ not only by the material manufacturing material, but also by filler. Dear models complement all sorts of gels and powders, budget does not have.
In order to during listening, the dynamic head was above the level of the ears, the speakers must be placed on the racks of a certain height. For the installation of the acoustic center in the home theater, options with a parameter in question from 20 to 60 cm are excellent, they are located in the room in such a way that the speakers are at an altitude not exceeding 1/3 of the room height. The compact samples must be installed on racks from 60 to 80 cm. For the rear speakers, it is recommended to purchase models with a height of 30 to 50 cm.
Buying one or another model of support under the column, it is important to take into account not only its operational characteristics, but also appearance, as the product should harmoniously fit into the overall interior of the room. The most universal are the products of black color, as they look great in any style.
Models also enjoy greatly popular with a decorative finish made of natural wood, artificial stone and stained glass, and it is often possible to meet the elements of the thread and forging on such racks.
For living rooms decorated in a modern style, a good choice is considered the racks of unusual forms of polished aluminum, they are installed on a stand from Labradorid. For connoisseurs of classics, manufacturers produce products of correct geometric shapes from different wood species, they are additionally covered with special varnish.
Criterias of choice
Departing for the purchase of racks for the speaker system, it is important to consider many nuances, since the duration of their operation will depend on the correct choice.
- Option finish. To date, manufacturers offer various models of PVC racks that are decorated with attractive drawings and patterns. If we consider products in quality, then it is best to give preference by variants made of valuable wood and varnished or varnishing coated. No less gorgeous will look at the interior of the premises and racks from acrylic, glass or plastic, they cost cheaper, but do not have high strength.
- Type of construction. Conventional racks are suitable for the installation of rear and front speakers, for central shelf – you need to separately buy a special stand. It differs from standard models elongated width and completed with a wide platform.
- Place Installation. If you plan to install an acoustic system on the walls, then you need to choose a rack with wall mount. They are released complete with screws and clamps, sometimes there are also brackets.
For spacious premises, it is possible to purchase outdoor racks, they take more space, but look gorgeous, speaking one of the elements of the decor in the interior.
- Purpose. To use an acoustic system in restaurants, cafes, small halls and houses well fit homemade models. They are designed for light and small columns. For the professional acoustics, which is applied at concerts, supports are required capable of withstanding high weight columns and sizes.
- Availability of acoustic spikes. Thanks to the elements, the contact area of the base decreases with the floor, as they act as “legs”. Models equipped with spikes provide high-quality sound, since the vibrations transmitted to the floor through the rack are reduced.
- Availability adjustment. It is very important that in the rack there is a change in the angle of rotation of the column, while the stand must remain in the standard position. Typically, similar adjustment complement the wall models. An important thing is also considered to adjust the racks in height.
- Laying of wires. It is advisable to choose models that have the opportunity to hide the wires. In their design there is a special excavation. Thanks to this, acoustics look neatly and reduced the risk of injury (wires can be hurt and fall).
- Maximum load. The rack must reliably withstand the weight of the column, so this parameter is important to take into account when the stand is bought separately from the acoustics and it is not intended for a specific model.
Independently raise the load can not, since the rack in this case can break at any time.
- Weight. Manufacturers indicate this parameter on the boxes to products. The total weight of the rack and each item is prescribed separately. Do not choose too heavy designs, believing that their big weight will help reduce extraneous vibrations. Now many models are produced with lightweight buildings.
How to make it yourself?
Racks under the column can be bought in the finished form, but much cheaper will cost them to make them with their own hands, while self-made designs will not give way to quality and fit in any design of the room.
Before you make a stand under acoustics, you will need to prepare the following materials and tools:
- a leaf from the wood array or chipboard (you need to cut 4 parts);
- stainless steel support (can be made of pipe with a diameter of 60 mm);
- paint in the canoe;
- screwdriver (electric screwdriver);
- Tree drill.
After that, a sketch of paper and a scheme for placing acoustics indoors is preparing. Pipe must be cut in size. If a kit with plastic plugs was bought, then they must be pulled out. It is necessary to perform subsequent mount. The tube is saturated on a special rack and fixed with screw. Then it is necessary to cut the wood sheet into 4 parts, two of which will be more larger, because they will perform the base, and two are smaller (they will serve as shelves).
The size of the shelves is selected in accordance with the cross section of the columns, without considering the part of them, which is slightly forward. Thus, the legs and columns will receive a holistic appearance.
The next step will be the processing of all parts. Since the racks are made from a natural tree, then It is best to choose to cover the material of matte black paint (when painting, the canopy need to perform paint in three layers). It will ideally repeat the texture of the array. You can also apply a growing film of any color.
If the racks are harvested from the chipboard, it is recommended to be covered with varnish or veneer, after which it will have to wait for the surface of at least two hours.
Then it is necessary to attach flanges to the resulting shelves and bases using screws. To do this, pre-drill holes with a diameter of 1.5 to 2 mm. Fastening of fundamental parts are carried out with a little displacement back (not exactly in the middle). It will remain insert in the foot of the fastening, all fix and check the connections to even.
After that, you need to attach felt lining to the bases, they are usually glued on the legs of chairs and tables, so as not to scratch the floor covering. For the racks, such linings are needed to prevent the transmission of sound frequencies to the floor. If desired, felt linings can be replaced with special spikes.
Besides, Racks for columns can be made of thick stainless steel, from which you can collect a rectangular column. The front panel will be wider – it is necessary to secure welds. The size of the platform will be 30 * 30 cm, and the thickness is 10 mm. Separately in the plate need to drill holes for filling fractions or crystal sand.
In the next video you will learn how to make a rack for acoustics with your own hands.