The home acoustic system has long ceased to be some luxury and turned into an integral attribute for both home theaters and simple TVs and computers. A variety of solutions that you can view are presented on the market, based on your preferences and budget.
What you need to consider when choosing?
Modern speaker systems – no longer those black boxes from which there is sound at concerts and in cinemas. Them with confidence can be called a separate type of musical instruments. The main task is to convert the signal entering them into sound waves, hearing human ear. All speakers can be divided into categories in several signs.
Of course, the first criterion is the appearance of the system. There are following their types:
Also, columns can be divided by the number of bands to:
This series can be continued to seven, since this is the maximum number of bands in broadband speakers. It is worth knowing that the smaller the number of bands, the lower the quality of the reproducible speaker system of sound. The amount of bands more, the greater the combinations of high, medium and low frequencies can play speaker. But what kind of acoustic system to choose for home? This is a common question among buyers. Decide before buying, what exactly do you need an acoustic system? Is it worth giveing huge money for the speakers, the quality of the sound of which you can not even feel due to the features of operation?
Before choosing speakers, answer for yourself a few simple questions.
- Where will the system be accommodated and what dimensions need to be counting? Will you put it directly on the floor or embed it into the walls? Determining with dimensions, proceed from the size of the room in which the system will be. The more its size – the greater the size of the columns. However, very small options should not be chosen even for small rooms, since they may have a problem with the clarity of sound due to their architectural opportunities. Small speakers can hardly cope with high frequencies.
- What system should be made? Without a doubt, any person who at least understands something in music, says that choose the body of the speakers only from wood, plywood, MDF and other derivatives. They do not give extra noise and rather durable. Of the plastic and other analogs are made cheaper columns, however, when used on a small scale, the difference between the wooden case and the well-collected analog to catch is quite difficult, because the technology does not stand still, seeking to reduce the production of high-quality acoustics.
- Volume of frontal speakers. For high-quality sound it is better to choose those models where the sensitivity of the active columns is at least 90 dB.
- Range of reproducible frequency. This is perhaps the main characteristic when choosing a system. Human ear can perceive the sound in the range from 20 to 20,000 Hertz, so keep this in mind when choosing speakers.
- Sound system power. Here, the role is played by two main parameters – peak power, or the one on which the columns will only work briefly, and the continuous – power on which acoustics will work most of its period of operation.
It is worthwhile to take into account the fact that if your sound system is 25-30% more powerful than the amplifier, then high-quality sound is guaranteed.
Many wireless systems can work with smartphones by connecting to them via Bluetooth.
Rating of popular audio systems
This category includes the most accessible price category acoustic systems to 10,000. They are suitable for those who are not very well versed in sound, so there are no high-quality sound from these models.
- Defender Hollywood 35. The main difference between this system from many similar – the ability to adjust the volume as separately for each of its parts: the center, subwoofer and the remaining columns and the overall volume as a whole. Excellent option for installation in a small room with an area of up to 25 kV. meters. All elements of the system are made in wooden housings with special magnetic shielding, which does not give any interference to located near TVs or monitors. From the components – only the cable with which you can connect to DVD. You can control the system both from the console and with a subwoofer.
Owners of these sound systems positively note the purity of their sound, the convenience of control and the possibility of simultaneously connected to the DVD player and PC. Of the minuses, you can note the inability to hang columns on the walls due to the lack of fasteners and too short wires.
- Yamaha NS-P150. Yamaha has long earned the title of the most popular manufacturer of high-quality and inexpensive musical instruments and sound elements to them. And home sound systems are no exception. There are two colors of this acoustics – red and ebony. The housings of all elements are made of MDF. The set with these speakers includes fasteners for wall placement. For a standard home theater of the system frequency band, like games, and for listening to music. However, it is worth understanding that the main function of this system is a simple expansion of the already available system. According to user reviews, it is possible to determine that the overwhelming majority of the owners are extremely quite this sound system. The well-known brand immediately causes confidence, and the price value and quality ratio is quite optimal.
Among the drawbacks, most often noted the need for permanent care, t. To. On the surface immediately visible all dust, insufficient sound quality of low frequencies and too short wires of columns.
- BBK MA-880S. This system can rightly be given first place among budget sound systems. For small money, the user gets a high-quality kit, which also looks great. Wooden enclosures are decorated under the design of the black tree and look quite modern. Such an unobtrusive look will well fit into any interior. The kit includes 5 columns and one subwoofer. Total set power – up to 150 W. Even in a spacious apartment will be quite enough for comfortable use. The system has an entrance to USB carriers, and the remote control is in the kit. The decoder built into the system is capable of laying stereo on 5 channels and distribute them between columns.
Users celebrate excellent sound, the possibility of comfortable watching movies and games.
Medium price category
There is already a large variety of system selection. There are both simple models for cheaper and options for comments and connoisseurs of good sound. The quality of the playback sound and the frequency range is much better than the cheap segment, but still does not reach the premium class models.
- SAMSUNG HW-N650. The whole system is a simple saubar and subwoofer. But despite the seeming simplicity, it is popular, thanks to an excellent sound. In addition, it looks like a set of stylish and modern. Its power reaches 360 W at the peak. Soundbar and subwoofer are not connected by wires, so there are no problems with their length. They are equipped with sound system 5.one. In addition, it is possible to connect to them an additional acoustic kit for larger sound. Frequency range leaves much to be desired – only 42-20000 Hz.
However, the brightness and depth of the sound is almost no effect. The system management is carried out through the remote control, and the connection is through the usual optical cable or if HDMI is desired. You can connect the system with a smartphone or play records from the flash drive.
- CANTON MOVIE 75. This kit is characterized by its compactness. However, despite the size, the system is quite powerful and produces at the pot of power up to 600 W. This comfortably enough for a middle apartment. German acoustic set fully complies with foreign quality standards. Many users praise the system for sound quality and its wornity. However, professionals celebrate the lack of bass in the system and too “handle” high frequencies. But in general, the quality of the sound of the system can with confidence to call the near-dyed.
- Vector HX 5.0. One of the best sets in the medium-valued segment. Although it is quite voluminous, but is equipped with a sound system 5.0 and covers the range from 28 to 33000 Hz, which is more than covered by human perception. Users along with a detailed, balanced sound praise the system for a solid view. But the external finish requires a very close.
If it is subjected to frequent or long-term mechanical exposure, then over time it starts to cute. To combine the system kit and spend a sound from several sources, you have to purchase a suitable receiver.
- MT-POWER PERFORMANCE 5.one. Already from the name of the column it is clear that they are equipped with a system of sound 5.one. The homeland of this sound system is the United Kingdom, but the young brand has already gained respect for its users. Power reaches 1190 W. The column shows itself both in small rooms and in spacious halls. Frequency range – from 35 to 22000 Hz. There are 4 different combinations of black and white colors to choose from. In his reviews, users praise the system for excellent sound and appearance, but complain about its dimensions.
- Wharfedale Moviestar DX-1. The model reveals its best quality when watching a movie. Pleasant light design in combination with a small size make the system ideal as small, the same for spacious premises. Range from 30 to 20,000 Hz covers the entire spectrum of human perception capabilities. Full dive in movies or computer games you are provided. In addition, the kit is completely wireless, and therefore it will be possible to avoid a web of the wires throughout the room.
Top 10 of the highest quality models
We offer you to watch an overview of the highest quality modern musical systems.
The best portable columns
If you also consider the purchase of a portable sound system, then We advise you to pay attention to the following models:
JBL Xtreme 2;
DOSS SOUNDBOX TOUCH.