The idea of acquiring a photo printer for a home arises from lovers of printed pictures not so rarely even in the age of digital technologies. Review of models allows you to assess the scale of the proposals presented in the market: there are jet options with good color printing and laser, with SRSH and others, allowing to obtain excellent results at a minimum cost. About what to pay attention to, picking up a printer for photos, ready to work at home, it is worth learn more detail.
Photospriber for home Although not included in the list of basic types of office equipment, is still a fairly useful device. This device is a type of printed equipment focused on performing special tasks. The photo printer uses an extended set of colors for a more realistic transmission of the finest nuances and halftone. In addition, the ink used themselves are not subject to fading, they are more resistant.
When buying a home model, it is important to understand that the optimal choice will be a printer with an extended set of functions, more similar to MFP. Such a universal device can create prints on paper with different density parameters.
Accordingly, to acquire a separate printing device for documents does not have to.
All printers suitable for photo printing are divided into several categories according to the technology used in them. All of them are compatible with digital image formats, allow you to get a clear and bright image in the form of writing on paper. It is worth considering various options in more detail.
With inkjet printing technology, the dye passes in a liquid form through special nozzles. This allows you to make an image very bright and clear. Such devices have an affordable price, do not differ in complex control, well suited for printing simple photos. Inkjet models of printers are widescreen and ordinary – the second can create images only in a specific dimensional range, usually 10×15 cm.
However, they have not only obvious advantages. Inkjet printers are used in combination with fairly expensive cartridges, consumables costs will be substantial.
Print speed is lower than that of other devices, therefore, in professional studios, these options are not used. For home use and a small amount of printed pictures, the documents inkjet printer is quite suitable.
The most economical are the models on which the SSR has been installed. The ink continuous supply system allows you to raw cartridges, the volume of each tank is approximately 100 ml. Such an element can be both autonomous, connected to both the external component and the built-in. In this case, refueling will also be much easier.
The most common and affordable photo printer. Laser print technology involves the use of a special toner – powder dye to refuel, which is first transferred to paper, and then baked with a beam. The printer of this type has many advantages. Among them can be noted:
- long service life;
- simplicity and reliability of technology;
- high print quality;
- Speed creation of imprint;
- Small noise level.
Disadvantage only one – pretty high price. Otherwise, laser printers are the most appropriate choice.
A device with a system in which the paint is replaced by a special type of film is called sublimation. This type of printer is a relatively new product in the photo printing device market. Paper writing on paper is formed by heating a color film to high temperatures. In sublimation printers it is convenient to print pictures from memory cards and flash drives, but they are quite expensive in comparison with other models.
Manufacturers and their models
The most popular manufacturers of professional and home photo printers have long been well known. Among them are distinguished by such market giants like Canon, HP or Epson. That’s what you should consider when choosing a brand.
- HP. Hewlett-Packard in the view does not need. It produces devices in the middle and premium price categories, specializes in the manufacture of inkjet photo printer and compact models. Buying such equipment will help ensure comfortable printing of pictures at home without a rush and high quality.
- Epson. Manufacturer producing the widest range of photo printer. Among them there are models with CHARS for color printing in economy mode and with Wi-Fi for wireless connecting to PC or mobile devices. Epson releases ergonomic photo printer – easy-to-manage, universal, capable of exploited with the most different types of paper.
- Canon. One of the most famous manufacturers in the world. Specializes in the release of PIXMA product series – Photo printer with a Wi-Fi module and Bluetooth.
Review of the best models also deserves attention. Troika leaders for home use will look pretty heterogeneous. But each of these photo printers is best coping with their tasks.
HP Sprocket is the best among compact
This is a portable model with a built-in Bluetooth module that supports a wireless connection to user devices. Thermal printing is carried out pretty quickly, the image is obtained by high-quality and bright, resistant to fading. Mini-photo printer HP Sprocket prints black and white and colored pictures with a maximum size of 50×76 mm. The model can accommodate 10 sheets of special paper at once.
The printer has a built-in memory of 512 MB, the battery work is supported, printing pictures can be sent from a special application on iOS, Android.
Canon PIXMA G1410 – Best Inkjet
This model supports printing on A4 and less sheets, can work with a regular and special photo paper. The printer creates clear prints without lubrication and problems with color reproduction. Inside the tank on 4 tanks with ink. Paint spending is not the lowest, but due to this, the composition is achieved. The resource of the model reaches 6000 pages, works almost silently, has a tray on top of the case.
HP LaserJet Pro CP1525N – Best Laser
Productive laser printer with compact dimensions and premium print quality. Per minute of technology gives up to 8-12 sheets with prints, can work with paper of different types. A4, A5 and non-standard formats are supported, data can be transmitted directly from a smartphone or laptop.
The model has a Russified interface, it is economical, easy to learn, has a USB interface.
How to choose?
When choosing a printer for printing photos at home, it is necessary to accommodately approach the search for optimal solution with good performance. The modern market offers both budget models with cheap consumables, and ultra-modern options capable of typing pictures directly from the camera. You can identify a number of important selection criteria.
- Type of printing mechanism. The most inexpensive consumables from laser printers, but when buying a device will have to spend a lot of money. In the long term, the investment will pay off, in addition, the creation rate will be high. If the budget is initially limited, it is better to consider sublimation or jet devices – their capabilities will be enough to obtain the desired results.
- Photo size. Widescreen models are well suited for printing portraits and landscapes, but little applicable in everyday life. Well, if the selected printer will be able to provide photographs of the most sought-after formats: 9×12 and 10×15 cm.
- Availability of options. Among them – printing documents, support for extended color palette, PictBridge for printing directly from the camera, USB interface, microSD slot. The wider the set of available functions, the easier it will adapt the work of the printer for various needs.
- Compactness of size. The smallest photo printers – thermal clarification. It is them that they are chosen to quickly create bright and persistent prints – the same technology is applied in snap chains. But the A4 sheet with the document on such a device is not to create – universal inkjet and laser models will be suitable here.
Considering these basic parameters, you can easily understand the selection of the photo printer in the desired price category, find a suitable model for solving various tasks.
How to use?
To print pictures on the photo printer, it is enough to follow simple recommendations. First you need to purchase suitable consumables: film or ink, toner cartridge. For photo printers Canon, HP, Epson is recommended to use branded paper, the remaining models support work with sheets of different manufacturers. If necessary, custom-oriented photos are pre-processed and edited using special programs, filters.
The printing process in the standard device consists of several steps.
- Open the control panel in the photo manager.
- Select the Print tab.
- Enter settings for specific photos. Here you can change the layout, determine the dimensions of each snapshot, paper type, resolution (clarity) – at least 300×300 pixels for format 10×15 cm. Usually in branded software from the manufacturer already provides a large set of necessary layouts. Mobile applications are performed by compact printers.
- Match the selected parameters with sheet size.
- Start print. Photos from the inkjet printer will have to further dry 15-20 minutes. When using water-soluble ink, it is impossible to leave pictures on the light or indoors with high humidity.
Following these tips, you can master all the necessary printing processes, not even having the necessary knowledge and experience, already when the device is first used.
Next, see the printer review of the HP SPROCKET model.