Photo is part of the life of many people. We all try to capture wonderful moments and leave them forever in their memory. However, often people regret that photos are closed with muddy and blurred. What device to choose to get memories of perfect quality? Of course, Olympus cameras.
Most photographers look not only on the quality of photography, but also to the company’s prestige. The manufacturer Olympus has no problems with this and never. The Japanese company is already producing chambers and accessories for them. The development of cameras occurred slowly, experts who helped create optical systems for the brand were attracted.
However, do not think that this company only produces expensive products. The price variation is very large, you can find a model with the desired qualities at a very low price. The main thing is to look good.
On the Olympus website cameras are divided into categories, depending on its functions and series, in which the model is included.
Olympus is a fairly interesting firm that is precisely worth considering when choosing a camera. What they differ from the rest?
First of all -. Cameras and lenses are much less than that of competitors, so they are more convenient to hold in their hands while shooting. Models differ in their characteristics, which allows you to select the best user for a specific user. However, in all cameras there is the possibility of approaching the object without losing the quality of the picture. Absolutely all shots are clear and bright. This is achieved through modern technologies that the manufacturer does not regret funds. Even if your hands are trembling, thanks to the stabilization system, the camera will have time to capture the object quickly, which will allow you to get a non-shy picture. Even with the worst lighting, the work will work much better than other companies.
Of course, you should not believe everything for the word. First you need to explore the models and their characteristics, and then the reviews of people who bought a camera. There are no ideal technologies, everyone has its drawbacks, but you can find a device where their least.
A huge selection of compact cameras can not but please potential buyers. There are 3 main series in which various models include. In addition, the manufacturer can acquire a variety of accessories and lenses. Everyone has their own characteristic features in which we will figure out just below.
Is the most popular series among beginners. Even a person without experience will work professional frames. Olympus engineers tried to create high performance cameras. In addition, in OM-D cameras, improved image stabilization and very fast autofocus. All this allows you to make clear pictures even in the worst conditions. The design of the models is also pleased – they look very stylish and modern. For this series, about 40 interchangeable lenses have been developed.
Not all newcomers understand why such a variety, but professionals know how much it affects the image quality. Zoom allows you to shoot not only at home, with perfect lighting, but also on the street.
Professionals are more suitable E-W1X and E-M1 MARK II cameras. They are better in performance, which is very important for photographers. Fast focus makes it possible to get up to 60 clear and bright frames per second.
Many will appreciate E-M5 Mark II and E-M5 Mark III. Models are very light and compact.
Differ from the rest by the presence of a protective body, which is very important when shooting in the forest and in the mountains. Quality is also at the height.
Newbies advise E-M10 Kit. This is a mesmerous camera with support for replaceable lenses. There is a possibility of 3D shooting that even professionals will appreciate. The optical stabilizer allows you to receive clear frames. On other cameras, beginner photographers do not always have to avoid a lubricated image. The model shoots 8 frames per second.
If there is a desire to purchase a mirror device, then Best Option – E-5. Excellent quality of photos, autofocus and minimum 5 frames per second provided.
Quite unusual series, especially in terms of design. Olympus creates digital cameras that are very similar to the old, but possess all modern features. All of them are mournful, so if it is an important criterion for you, it is better to consider another series. Read more Examine Pen-F and E-PL10.
The PEN-F model has replaceable optics, high resolution and speed of 10 frames per second. Small camera with lots of functions. Unlike previous models, it has a resolution of 20 megapixels and issues photographs with increased sharpness. Also positive quality is the presence of five-axis mechanical stabilization. The manufacturer greatly increased the sensitivity of Pen-F, which also pleases.
In general, a good device for shooting both for a beginner and for a professional.
E-PL10 highlights compactness and excellent specifications. The model allows not only to photograph objects in excellent quality, but also to shoot video 4K.
The main difference between the E-PL10 is that the screen leans down 180 degrees. It will make it possible for video blocks rather than simple users. You can buy in white, black and brown colors.
Ideal cameras for adventure. All models of this series are small and protected from almost everything: water, frost, blows. The most popular model – TG-Tracker. TG-5 and TG-2 also use in demand. Consider their Read more.
TG-Tracker has an angle of review 204 degrees, is a waterproof model with a built-in flashlight. In addition, the camera has a folding display, GPS and electronic compass. The model can measure the temperature and pressure of the environment.
Olympus Tough TG-5 camera It is also completely protected from exposure to frost and shock. It can withstand a drop from 2 meters, 10 degrees of frost and a 15 meter immersion in water.
A huge number of functions are placed in a small model that weighs about 200 grams.
TG-2 is not such a new model, But also quite popular among travelers. Outwardly similar to the past camera, the functions are also about the same. However, the device is slightly smaller and easier. When falling from a small height, the camera will not break and never cease to work, which is very pleased. A GPS module also appeared, which allows not to get lost in the forest or city where you have not been before.
Tips for choosing
After we figured out in all series and in the most popular devices, the main question appears – how to choose a camera?
It is worth considering the criteria to help choose the best model for a small price.
- Functions of the camera. First of all, it is necessary to decide why the gadget is needed. If you are new and you are going to shoot nature, cities and people, then you should choose a device from the OM-D series. If more important design, then Pen. Those who are going to an extreme journey should take any model from the TOUGH series.
- “Mirror”. Once you have decided on a series, you need to choose a model. Ask yourself, do you need a “mirror”.
Mirror chambers are used for photographs in difficult conditions. “Slir” will save when shooting scenes with bad lighting.
- Junior model. As soon as a new camera appears, the previous one immediately becomes cheaper. Although most often on the qualities they are the same, but the price difference will be significant.
- Used camera. Many are concerned about the reason for which the device is sold. Most often this is due to the unnecessary of the camera, and not because it is bad or broken.
Professionals advise to look at the second-hand chamber, because it is so possible to save a huge amount that you can spend on additional equipment.
- Lens. Lenses can be divided into groups in several criteria. But when choosing a camera, you need to pay attention to whether the lens is removable or not. Vault makes the design more sealed (protects against dust and moisture from entering the device) and allows you to get wonderful photos. But he has its drawbacks: it is not possible to choose a new one and improve the quality of shooting, depending on the conditions. Removable lens for the camera is important if you are a professional photographer. Have to carry huge lenses to get perfect images.
- Battery and battery. The most important criterion for choosing. Devices with batteries are always ready for work, but it’s worth wearing spare with you just in case. Batteries have a small capacity, so they can discharge at the time when the camera is very necessary. Batteries are used in most models, because they are much more convenient. You can use charging before photos and do not worry all day.
It is important that the cable for charging the device has always been. However, here also have its drawbacks. They quickly discharge, even when you do not use the camera, have large sizes and are very expensive if you need to replace.
- Microphone. Used to record video on camera. High-class microphone will provide high sound quality.
- Memory card. Before buying a camera, you need to know what memory card supports device. Most often used SD card, but the camera can be made under MicroSD, Compact Flash or XQD.
The volume of the memory card must be large enough so that the memory does not end during an important shooting.
- Remote button descent. This also needs to pay attention. Button allows you to take photos at a distance of up to 100 meters from the camera, removing with a given interval or time delay.
There is an infrared console, a remote control, a radio control panel and a timer intervalometer.
Instructions for use
After you have chosen and bought a camera, you must learn to use it. First you need to consider the contents of the package and configure the device. This can be done by studying the instructions for use that comes with the camera.
It contains all marks, for which you can understand what device you purchased. List of basic labels and all that they designate can be found below:
- ZD – lenses for mirror chambers;
- MZD – lenses for migratory cameras;
- SWD – supersonic focusing micromotor;
- Macro – for macros;
- ED – the presence of ultra-low-dispersed optical lens;
- MSC – the presence of worm transmission;
- Fisheye – Fisheye designation (“Fish Eye”) lenses;
- EZ – motorized zoom drive.
Also in the instructions there are information about the parts of the camera, laying the memory card, batteries and setting the date and time. All this is studied first. Next step – Connecting a charger. Before the first use of the camera you need to fully charge it.
In addition, you can find all the functions of shooting, information on reproducing and erasing frames after shooting, as well as playback.
Cameras produced by Olympus accounted for all novice and professional photographers. Large selection, low prices and excellent quality Like absolutely everyone. Having tried once, you can no longer use any other cameras.
From positive moments Users noted multifunctionality, appearance, high-quality assembly and low weight. Everyone notice how clear and bright photos are obtained even in terrible conditions.
The disadvantages are all firms, but Olympus has very little. Buyers not in all models suits the battery and the quality of the night shooting. But, with its excellent qualities and a small price, these shortcomings seem to be trifles.
Olympus E M10 Mark III Camera Overview Watch in the following video.