In 1938, the inventor Chester Carlson kept the first image in his hands using dry ink and static electricity. But after 8 years, he managed to find someone who would put his invention to commercial rails. For this, the company was taken, the name of which is known today to all – Xerox. In the same year, the market recognizes the first copying device, a huge and complex aggregate. And only in the mid-50s, scientists have created the fact that today you can call the progenitor of the laser printer.
The first model of the printer went on sale in 1977 – it was a technique for offices and enterprises. Interestingly, the individual characteristics of the equipment even had compliance with the current requirements. So, speed of operation 120 sheets per minute, double-sided duplex printing. And in 1982, the world will see a debut sample designed for personal exploitation.
The image in the laser printer is formed due to the dye located in Toner. Under the influence of static electricity, the dye sticks and absorbs into the sheet. All this has become possible due to the design features of the printer – the circuit board, the cartridge (responsible for transferring the picture) and the printed block.
Choosing a laser printer today, the buyer looks at its dimensions, performance, alleged life, printing resolution and brains. It is also important with what kind of operating systems the printer can interact, how it connects to a computer, is it ergonomic if it is easy to maintain.
Of course, watching the buyer and on the brand, and the price, and for the presence of options.
Device and principle of operation
You can buy a printer with a small number of functions and expanded. But any device works in the same principle. Base technology is a photoelectric xerography. Internal stuffing is divided into a number of important blocks.
- Laser scanning mechanism. There are many lenses and mirrors configured to rotate. So the necessary picture is transferred to the surface of the photobaban. It is its application that is carried out at the expense of a specialist exclusively in target places. And there is a certain picture, because the changes concern only the charge of the surface, and it is virtually impossible to consider it without special special. The operation of the scanner device commands the controller with a raster processor.
- Block responsible for transferring pictures on a sheet. His cartridge and charging transfer cartridge. Cartridge, indeed, is a complex mechanism consisting of a photobraban, a magnetic shaft and another charge shaft. Photovan is able to change the charge under the action of a working laser.
- Node responsible for fixing the image on paper. The toner falling from the photo cylinder onto the toner immediately goes to the furnace of the device, and there under high-thermal action melts and focusing on a sheet.
- Dyes present in most of the laser printers powder. Initially, they are inherent in a positive charge. That is why “draw” a picture of the laser will be negative, because the toner will attracted to the surface of the photo. This is responsible for the detail of the drawing on the sheet. But this is not happening in all laser printers. Some brands use another principle of operation: toner with a negative charge, and the laser does not change the charge of the dye, and the charge of those zones to which the paint will not fall.
- Roller transfer. Through it changes the property in a paper printer. In fact, the statistical charge under the action of the neutralizer is removed. That is, she will not be attracted to the photo.
- Toner powder consisting of rapidly melting substances with significant temperature indicators. They firmly attached to the sheet. The images printed on the laser printing device will not wear, do not flexible for a very long time.
The principle of operation of the device is complicated.
Cartridge photo cylinder is covered with a blue or green touch layer. There are other shades, but it is rare. And then – “fork” from two action options. In the first case, there is a special tungsten thread with gold or platinum, as well as carbon particles. High voltage is supplied to the thread, therefore it turns out a magnetic field. True, with such a way, pollution of sheet often occurs.
In the second case, the charge roller works better. This shaft is made of metal, is covered with a substance conductive electricity. It is usually foam or special race. The charge is transmitted during the instruction to the photo. But the roller resource is less than the resource of tungsten thread.
Consider how the process develops further.
- Image. Exposure occurs, the picture takes the surface with one of the charges. Replaces the charge of the laser beam since the passage through the mirror, then through the lens.
- Mante. Magnetic shaft with a core inside closely concerns a photo cylinder and a toner bunker. It is spinning in the process of action, and since inside there is a magnet, the dye is attracted on the surface. And in those sites where the tonerial charge of the other than the characteristic of the shaft, the ink will be “sticking”.
- Transfer to sheet. Here is involved in the transfer roller. Metallosnova changes his charge and transmits it to the same sheets. That is, the powder from the photo is already on paper. Kept powder due to static stress, and if he can be outside the equipment – it will simply be bombed.
- Fixing. For confident toner fixation on a sheet of his paper, there are bake. Toner has such a property – the melting under high temperature effect. The temperature also creates the stove of the inner shaft. On the upper shaft – the heating element, the bottom is pressed the paper. Thermal film is heated to 200 degrees.
The most expensive element of the printer is the print head. And of course, there is a difference in the work of a black and white printer and color.
Pros and cons
Laser printer and MFP are distinguished directly. Dignity depend on the dignity and disadvantages of laser technology.
Let’s start with the plus.
- Effectively used toner. To compare with ink in the jet printer, efficiency is noticeable. That is, printing one page of the laser device is less than the same jet page.
- Print speed above. Documents are really printed quickly, especially large, and in this regard, inkjet printers are also lagging behind.
- Easy to clean.
Ink stained, and toner powder – no, that is, it is easy to clean this device.
Of the minuses, several factors can be distinguished.
- Toner cartridge is expensive. Sometimes they are 2 times more expensive than the same element of the inkjet printer. True, and serve they will be longer.
- Big size. Compared to inkjet technique, laser cars are still considered bulky.
- Dorganiza color. Print photo on this design will definitely expensive.
But for printing documents a laser printer is optimal. And for long-term use too. At home this technique is used infrequently, but for the office is a common choice.
This list will be both color models and black and white.
If the seal often assumes color, then buy a color printer. And here the choice is good, for every taste and wallet.
- Canon i-Sensys LBP611CN. This model can be considered the most affordable, because you can buy it about 10 thousand rubles. Moreover, the technique is able to print color photos right from the camera connected to it. But say that this printer is designed for the most part for the photo, it is impossible. This is the optimal solution for taking into print technical graphics and business documents. That is, this is a good purchase for the office. The unequivocal benefit of such a printer: low price, excellent print quality, easy setup and quick connection, excellent print speed. The minus is the lack of double-sided printing.
- Xerox Versalink C400DN. Buying requires serious spending, but this is really an advanced laser printer. At home, such a device is not very often used (too chic acquisition for modest household needs). But if not sorry to give 30 thousand rubles, you can optimize the purchase and home “office”. Among the unconditional advantages of this model, wireless printing, simple cartridge replacement, high speed printing, reliability, excellent functionality and 2 GB “RAM”. Of the disadvantages – the need to run the printer is exactly a minute.
- Kyocera Ecosys P5026CDW. Such a technique will cost 18 thousand rubles and above. Often this model choose specifically under the print photo. Quality will not be such that you can print photos for commercial purposes, but as a family for family chronicles is quite suitable. Model advantages: Prints up to 50,000 pages per month, high print quality, there is a double-sided print, good quality cartridge resource, low noise level, high performance processor, there is Wi-Fi.
True, configuring such a printer is not very simple.
- HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M553N. In many ratings, this model is the leader. The device is expensive, but also the possibility of its expanded. Prints printer 38 pages per minute. Other advantages: excellent assembly, high-quality color printing, fast in awakening, the convenience of control, quickly scans. But the relative minus will be a big weight of the design, and even the high cost of cartridges.
Black and white
In this category, not simple home models, but rather professional printers. They are high-quality, reliable, functional. That is, those who are in operation prints a lot of documents, such printers are fit perfectly.
- BROTHER HL-1212WR. For warming up the printer, it is 18 seconds, the first imprint of the model will withdraw in 10 seconds. Total speed reaches 20 pages per minute. It is quite compact, it works high quality and refuel, it can be connected via Wi-Fi. The only serious lack of construction, for which approximately 7 thousand rubles is asked, is a shortage of cable for connecting to a computer.
- Canon i-Sensys LBP212DW. Prints 33 pages per minute, printer productivity – 80 thousand pages per month. The device supports both desktop systems and mobile. Printing fast, resource is pretty good, the design is modern, the model is available on the price tag.
- Kyocera Ecosys P3050DN. Costs 25 thousand rubles, 250 thousand pages print in a month, that is, this is a great model for a large office. Prints per minute 50 pages. Comfortable and reliable technology with mobile printing, with high speed, durable.
- Xerox Versalink B400DN. 110 thousand pages are printing monthly, the device is quite compact, the display color and convenient, low power consumption, print speed. Excellent. Perhaps this printer can only be reproached in slow warming.
What differs from the usual?
Inkjet device below for the price, but the cost of the printed sheet will be higher. This is explained by the high price of consumables. With laser appliances Reverse situation: it costs more, and the sheet is cheaper. Because when printing is high, it is more profitable to purchase a laser printer. Inkjet is better coping with the print photo, and text information is about the same as printing of two species printers.
Laser device faster inkjet, laser print head works quieter.
And more images obtained on the inkjet printer will faster, they are also afraid of contact with water.
Almost all modern printers work on the cartridge scheme. The cartridge is represented by a housing, a toner capacity, gear transmitting rotation, cleaning blades, a hopper for toner testing and shafts. All the parts of the cartridge may differ in service life, for example, toner in this sense wins the race – it will end faster. But the photosensitive shafts are not spent so soon. One “long-performance” part of the cartridge can be considered its body.
Black and white laser devices are almost the simplest on rewrong. Some users use alternative cartridges that are almost as reliable as originals. Independent refill of the cartridge – the process with which everyone will not cope, can be seriously blocked. But you can learn this. Although usually office printers fills a specialist.
How to choose?
Study follows specific properties of the printer, quality of devices. Here are some selection criteria.
- Color or monochrome. This is solved according to the purpose of use (for home or for work). Cartridge with the number of colors 5 will be more functional.
- Cost imprint. In the case of a laser printer, it will be at times cheaper than the same characteristic of the MFP inkjet printer (3 in 1).
- Resource cartridges. If at home, it is unlikely to have a lot to print, because a small volume should not scare. Especially if the printer is budget, and in all other criteria he likes. The printer for the office is typically usually focused on a large print volume, and here this criterion is one of the main.
- Paper format. This is not only a choice between only A4 and variations of A3-A4, it is also the ability to print on the film, on the photo paper, on envelopes and other non-standard materials. Again, depends on the purpose of use.
- Connection interface. Excellent if the printer supports Wi-Fi, fine, if it can print material from a smartphone, laptop, tablet, digital camera.
This is one of the most important selection criteria. It is worth adding a manufacturer to them: a landmark of the average buyer is always directed to brands with a good reputation. Usually people are looking for a reliable printer with support and photo printing, too, with good power consumed and resolving ability. Speed, with which printer prints, is also important, but not for all users principled. Like the volume of built-in memory – who works a lot with the printer, it is more important. Who has a printer from occasion, it does not have much significance.
As for the release of uncaptured cartridges, it has long been stopped, and if someone is interested in buying such a consumers, you will have to look for only unspected used.
How to use?
Brief instructions for use will help to understand how to work with a laser printer.
- Choose a platform on which technique will be. It should not be clamped with outsiders.
- Need to open the lid of the outlet tray, pull the transport list. The top cover of the printer opens through a special hole.
- Transport paper should be tightened from yourself. Packing material inside the top cover must be removed. So you can extract toner cartridge. It needs to shake it several times.
- The packing material of the cartridge also need to be removed. A protective tape of the cartridge is retrieved through a screwdriver. Ribbon pulls only horizontally.
- Inside the top cover also removes packing material.
- Toner cartridge back installed in the printer. He must enter the click, landmark – tagged.
- The top cover can be closed, open a paper tray from below. Ribbon, which is attached to it, delete.
- The printer is installed on the prepared surface. When transferring, the technique needs to keep the front part towards yourself.
- The power cord must be attached to the printer, turn on the outlet.
- Paper is loaded into the universal tray.
- A printer driver from a special disk is installed.
- You can print a trial page.
Any technique breaks, and a laser printer too. No need to be a pros in order to at least partly understand what could be the case.
Diagnosis of problems:
- The printing device “sticks out” paper – probably the case in the gap of thermal film;
- printing pale or bad – the photo washed, rocket, magnetic shaft, although it is often the matter in the unsuitable toner;
- Pale strips along the sheet – toner ends in the cartridge;
- Black stripes or points along the sheet – the fault of the photobraban;
- The duality of the image is the failure of the primary charge shaft;
- lack of paper capture (temporary or constant) – worniness of capture rollers;
- The capture of several sheets at once – most likely, the braking area was worn;
- Gray background across the leaf after refueling – bumped toner.
Some problems can be solved on their own, but often after the diagnosis is requisitioned by service professional service.
Possible Printing and Fault Defects
If a laser MFP has been purchased, a relatively frequent malfunction is that the device print continues, but copy and scan refuses. The case in faults of the scanner block. It will be an expensive repair, maybe even in half the MFP. But you first need to establish the exact reason.
There may be a reverse fault: scanning and copying does not work, and printing continues. Perhaps the software defects occurred, the USB cable is poorly connected. Damage to the formatting board is not. If the printer user is not sure about the causes of the fault, you need to call masters.
Typical print defects are:
- black background – you need to change the cartridge;
- White skipping – broken charge transfer roller;
- White horizontal lines – failure in the laser power supply;
- White dots on a black background – a fuser malfunction;
- bubble printing – or low quality paper, or there is no grounding of the photobaban contact;
- compressed printing – incorrect paper installation;
- Lubricant – the foutizer is faulty;
- Spots on the back of the sheet – polluted by the roller of the capture, the rubber shaft was worn out.
If you check the quality of consumables in time, use the printer correctly, it will last long and high quality.