White divorces, salt raid, which crystallized from water in concrete or bricks, is called heavily. Most people try to fight against them, and some try to use in decorative purposes.
What it is?
Solutions on concrete have a form of thrusts that arose in the process of using the wall, as well as under the influence of moisture, dust and permanent change of temperature regime. When dry and hot on the street, the water from the facade evaporates, and the salt that contains it crystallizes and turns into a stain.
Salt splashes can appear on plaster, stone, wood, concrete, found on the walls and windows. They are formed on vertical and horizontal surfaces, such as parsing or concrete paths. The raids may have several varieties:
- primary – with a large percent of calcium hydroxide or calcium carbonate;
- Secondary – arises due to the old age of concrete or its long-term use.
Salt enclosure can be both solid and loose structure. According to many professionals, the semioles and traces of moisturizing are required to be removed, as they result in the occurrence of microcracks in the brickwork or the destruction of the facades. In the presence of heaps on the wall at the masters, it will not be possible to apply a layer of finishing materials on it. Also, this raid can cause the detachment of plaster and primer.
In some cases, salt spots on concrete can play aesthetic role. On sale Sometimes there are materials with aged appearance, which is given by the supreme. The surface of such a material is characterized by an ashtone and the presence of white salt splashes.
To obtain a warm tone of brick, manufacturers are added to the cement mixture of iron oxide pigment.
Causes of appearance
Common causes of salt spots on concrete can be called the following.
- High humidity. Most often, the appearance of plaque is observed in a closed room with high humidity where regular ventilation is not carried out.
- The presence of salts in water. In case of contact with a concrete fluid in which there are undisguised salts, absorbing. Over time, the liquid fraction evaporates, and firm leaves out and forms white spots.
- The presence of lime in solution. In this case, the reaction of calcium hydroxide and CO2 is observed.
- Corrosion of chemical nature. In the atmosphere there is a large amount of production gas. Over time, the latter cares and forms.
- Poor insulation quality. The presence of a hollow isolation entails penetration into groundwater concrete in which salts are available.
- Precipitation. Atmospheric precipitates drink concrete moisture, in which there are undisguised types of salts.
- Low ambient temperature. The absence of heat, as well as the temperature regimens, entail salted sections on the concrete surface.
- Violation of production technology and storage of concrete products.
- Ignoring requirements and rules during construction.
- The absence of either a small amount of populatan substances in concrete solution.
- Low density or high porosity of the product.
Methods of elimination
Remove the zins indoors or outside the facade is not only chemical, but also folk remedies. The salts dissolving in water include chlorides, sulfates, potash and sodium salts. From the walls of them can be eliminated with simple water and minimal physical effort. Pad soluble salts are considered carbonate salts, as well as calcium phosphates, iron, aluminum, barium sulfates, calcium silicates.
Often on the surface of brick and concrete, you can find work-soluble solid compounds. To eliminate them, you will need to use special cleaning products on a chemical basis. Since no one with confidence can argue about the characteristics of evils, the exclusion method is used to eliminate them. Fortunately, in construction stores today you can find a wide range of substances that help eliminate flight.
To carry out samples, it is recommended to buy substances for cleaning of multiple species in the small packaging and test them on a small area of the facade. Application is carried out with rollers or tassels, then withstand half an hour and wash off with liquid. Next, the processed areas should be inspected and determine which means I coped with the work better. When using special cleaners, masters worth protecting themselves with glasses and rubber gloves. In the case of funds from entering any part of the body, it is worthwhile to rinse the plot with clean water and thereby prevent the chemical burn.
The result of removal of evisor must be fixed – for this wall is treated with a special impregnation called a hydrophobizer. This tool eliminates the basis and prevents re-education of the plaque. This event should be immediately after brickwork drying.
Experts recommend processing the facade with a hydrophobizer immediately after drying the cement mortar. Thus, the masters will not need to spend time and effort on the fight against.
The compositions for the elimination of salt spots are known quite a lot. Silicone hydropobizers have proven itself well. As a result of their use, the formation of a protective siliconized film occurs, it prevents moisture penetration inside the masonry. In addition, these substances contribute to “breathing” of walls and natural gas exchange. Treatment with such substances reduces the contamination of the facade and stops the formation of fungus, mold on the surfaces.
In the information to the data, it is indicated that after processing they protect the facades for about 10 years. Re-applying the hydrophobizer is required in the case of wetting walls from rain. In some cases, re-processing is carried out 5 years after the first application. The surface must be processed until the agent has absorbed. After that it is worth making re-applying. Before putting on a laying a hydrophobizer, you need to dilute in water, according to the instructions. Eliminate repeated raid by increasing the concentration cannot be caused because it may cause reverse reaction.
To eliminate salt plaque from the facade, you can use such folk methods:
- treatment with acetic acid – as a result of operation, an axis-soluble flaka is obtained, which can be washed with water;
- mechanically using the usual detergents, brushes and a large volume of unsalted water can be tried to eliminate the flare;
- diluted phosphoric acid.
Superservation to eliminate salt spots on masonry is considered industrial substance Trilon B (Helton III). It showed high efficiency in the fight against insoluble salt from the steam boiler or heat generating installation. High speed trilon makes easily soluble salt. For the passage of 15 minutes from the moment of applying the surface, the surface will be necessary to wash with hot water.
As practice has shown, the supreme is better to prevent, rather than eliminate subsequently. Therefore, when planning the construction of a building, masters should be remembered by the following rules.
- Before the start of work, the brick should be kept indoors where precipitation does not fall.
- During construction, do not forget about the good waterproofing of the foundation.
- Freckless walls can not be left without shelter in the frost period of the year.
- Brick laying should not be carried out in the rain. Lowned wall is to cover with a film.
- It is impossible to make an excessive amount of accelerator additives, antiorious means. The volume of the above substances should not be higher than the norm specified in the instructions.
- It is not recommended to soak brick in liquid before laying. It is also not necessary to use too liquid cement mortar. And the solution that hit the bricks, it is necessary to quickly eliminate.
- After completing the construction of the wall, it is required to be treated with water with water-repellent effect.
Working with facing masonry, the master should be extremely neat, as leaning the supreme, you can remove the coloring brick pigments. The result of such a work can be an unattractive wall of heterogeneous color.
How to properly remove the zip on the brick, see the following video.