Decorative brick is often used in the interior decoration of different buildings. Especially popular today stylish coatings of neutral white. They look organically in many stylistic directions, from the popular Loft to the ultra-modern High-tech. Today we will get closer to this original finish and find out what its distinctive features are.
Today the owners of apartments and private houses have the opportunity to issue their home in any style and color. Many users prefer rough notewings in the setting, such as brick walls. Do not think that such foundations look cheap and boring. In fact, in competently equipped space, this finish can revive the interior by making it more original and fashionable.
Decorative white brick can be both natural and symotic. Often the latest options look no worse than natural, especially if they were competent. However, according to experts, this interesting design is easiest to organize, if the apartment is in a new building, where there is no interior. In this case, brick walls indoors will look as realistic as possible. All that will be required of the owners – protect the surface of bricks with specialized compositions and paint them. However, there is no need for sweeping irregularities. Small brickwork defects in this case will come to quite by the way – they will not interfere with the appearance of the finishes. With such disadvantages, on the contrary, bricks will look like natural.
If the wall bases were previously subjected to finish or were made of GLK or concrete sheets, then most likely it will have to contact one of the imitation of snow-white brick masonry. In carrying out such works, you must try to make the most realistic bricks. Of course, you can save and buy simple wallpaper canvases with a brickwork, but it’s not worth waiting for such a decoration of serious realism.
Do not think that on the background of the brickwork of white color in the finishing of the premises, only the same coarse and brutal objects of furniture can be placed. In practice, a variety of models look at a similar background, from modern to classic. Furniture can have elegant and rounded shapes, or, on the contrary, angular details. Before consumers there is a chic selection of interesting and harmonious combinations.
Decorative brickwork can be performed in a wide variety of shades of white. The texture of materials may also differ. Someone likes the perfectly smooth and neat bricks, and someone more souls are coarse materials with a rough surface.
Brick finish or laying under brick is different. We will get acquainted closer with the most common and top options for such a facing.
Inexpensive and very popular are bricks from plaster. Decor from such materials can have almost any texture, shapes and sizes. In addition, many consumers turn to these products, because they are not afraid of temperature differences – under their influence the gypsum stone does not lose shape and is not exposed to deformation. But it should be borne in mind that it can not boast of particular water resistance. For such a finish, you will have to apply a special protective composition, which will protect it from excessive moisture absorption. Usually, specialized varnishes and paints are used for this.
If we focus on the texture of plaster bricks, then the following varieties can be distinguished:
- matte – these bricks do not have radiance and gloss, but also processed by protective compositions;
- glossy are brilliant products that are necessarily covered with a special varnish providing material glossy shine;
- Torn – there are no smooth planes on such a finish, but there are chaotic scattered roughness and corners;
- Relief – the surface of such decorative bricks is complemented by a variety of relief overlays;
- concave and convex – such bricks are distinguished by an interesting bulk effect, which is achieved due to their non-standard form.
The first decorative bricks did exactly from this raw material. Ceramic bricks are one of the most aesthetic and sought-after. With them you can change the interior in the root, making it more cozy and hospitable.
Ceramic bricks are quite practical, durable and reliable. In many of its characteristics, they are similar to wear-resistant ceramic tiles, so popular among modern consumers. The main advantages of such products are:
- high strength;
- unsurpassed reliability;
- long service life;
- incomparable practicality;
- A destructive moisture does not penetrate into ceramics capable of destroying this material over time (this is why the same ceramic tile is the perfect solution for the bathroom);
- Such a brick will not be subject to deformation, even if serious loads will be provided;
- Ceramic brickwork is not afraid of changes in temperature modes.
However, it is necessary to take into account that in simpler plaster bricks it will be possible to make an original torn or carved surface, and on ceramic items it will be able to hardly.
Such decorative bricks are rightly recognized by the most reliable, durable and durable. Damage them is not so simple as it may seem. Porcelain stoneware is made on special technology, adhere to which is possible only in conditions of large production. In the home atmosphere, high-quality porcelain finishing materials will not be made simply.
Decorative porcelain brick brigade boasts the following positive qualities:
- He is frost-resistant;
- He is not afraid of temperature racing and moisture penetration;
- Such a brick does not absorb pollution, since it has a special top layer;
- In stores you can find a huge number of multicolored decorative stones from porcelain stoneware;
- Similar products are presented in various sample parameters.
Porcelain starrel bricks are often used not only for finishing wall bases, but also for flooring. Especially spectacularly such surfaces look in the cuisine, dining room, hallway or corridor.
Such a wall decoration is characterized by special charm. Clinker snow-white elements are very similar to real bricks. Such material is characterized by high density, so it can be safely used in the finishing of the premises, where frequent temperature differences occur.
Like a porcelain stamographic options, clinker bricks can not be made at home. Specialized furnaces with a very high temperature are used for the production of this decoration (more than 1,200 degrees Celsius).
Wall finishing with white bricks – an excellent solution for many interior styles. Thanks to such registration, you can make the situation fresh, lighter and more interesting. Consider more, in what styles ensembles white brickwork will look especially attractive and organically.
In the interiors of this “attic” style brickwork applies most often. It can be not only white, but also gray, red, brown or other attractive shade. Interiors in such a key today are very popular. They are characterized by open communications (for example, pipes), combinations of furniture, weathered in different styles, the presence of natural and weakly treated materials. For example, on the background of white brick masonry in the interior, the loft can be located both “battered” wooden tables and chairs and expensive leather sofas combined into a single tandem.
This is another popular style in which brick walls look harmoniously. Moreover, perform the interior in a similar key is permissible both in a private house or dacha, and in an ordinary urban apartment. Against the background of a brick finish in such an environment, there will be effectively obstacle furniture objects from natural and weakly treated tree. You can use elements with ethnic notes as scenery. In a single ensemble, similar components allow you to form a very cozy and “warm” interior, to leave which does not want.
Brick masonry looks great in the interiors weathered in the Gothic style. In such conditions, it is recommended to lay only the natural stones of the highest quality. Typically, only one wall in the room is separated or part of the wall. It is permissible to complement the decorative brick columns and arched bases.
Against the background of brick masonry will be amazing to look good and massive furniture items. For example, it can be a gorgeous spacious bed with expensive canopy and lush chandelier from crystal.
Today Madly Popular Restrained Modern Style called Minimalism. In such an interior, it is best to brickwork not only white, but also brown or red shades. Against the background of such coatings, the furniture designs of gray, black or silver shades, as well as lighting devices with chromium and metal parts, will be wonderful.
How to choose?
If you want to pick up a quality decorative brick for the interior, then You should rely on the following important criteria.
- Material. Purchase only high-quality products from safe and eco-friendly materials. Be careful with plaster products. Such options are not recommended to hang in the kitchen and in other rooms where there is a high humidity. In such circumstances, the plaster cladding will soon begin to collapse. It is better to give preference to ceramic or other more expensive coatings. They will be laundered from pollution to be much easier.
- For hallway or corridor It is better to acquire only high-strength materials that are not subject to fast pollution. Gypsum is not suitable here. This is due to the fact that in these spaces, the finish becomes more vulnerable and dirty is easier than, for example, in the living room or bedroom.
- Quality. If you buy ready-made decorative bricks, then you must inspect their surface. They should not be defects, damage or faded parts. If any, then it is better to give up from buying, as it will indicate that it will be stored or robust transportation of products.
- Tint. Carefully pick up the right hue of white. Note that it should harmoniously fit into the existing interior, erratic with other surrounding palettes.
- Manufacturer. Buy ready-made decorative bricks only at well-known and proven manufacturers – such products, as a rule, are characterized by good quality.
Examples in the interior
The accent wall on the background of a white front door will look impressive if it is separated by a coating under a small white brick. On the floor you can lay a light tile with black rhombuses.
Ceramic white bricks can be separated the accent wall at the dining area in the kitchen with light furniture with contrasting floor, lined with large black tiles.
In the living room brick masonry it is possible to make an accent wall in front of upholstered furniture and hang on it flat black TV. Paul in such an atmosphere is better to lay dark gray or black, immediately put a dark velvet sofa with a fluffy gray rug on the floor.
About decorative brick for interior decoration, see the video below.