The main problem of panel structures are poorly sealed interpanel seams. This leads to the wetting of walls, the formation of fungus, worsening noise insulation, freezing and moisture in the seam. Such joints do not just disturb the comfort in apartments, but also can lead to the destruction of the plates. To get rid of this problem, you need to repair and insulation interpanel seams.
For what you need insulation?
Outdoor walls in panel buildings, as a rule, are a three-layer design. From the inner and outdoor – reinforced concrete, between which the insulation is installed. The panels themselves are securely protected from cold, but the seams between the plates are blocked by the wind and are the traditional wool bridge. Even if the seam was well embellished, but the house is not insulated, the apartments lose their temperature.
In cases where the insulation is made poorly, problems may arise:
- insufficient heat in the apartment, provided that the batteries are hot;
- freezing of the inner walls opposite the seam;
- the formation of condensate and fungus;
- Destruction of the finish – wallpaper, paint and decorative plaster will be surrounded lasting longer.
Due to the fact that the seam is notching, rainwater will fall into it, which will lead to the destruction of capital walls and to constantly dampness in apartments. There are cases when interpanel seams are insulated poorly, and poorly embedded on both sides. Accordingly, it is poorly reflected in comfort and warmth in residential premises.
Understand that you need to warm the seams completely simple. Signs allowed to identify the problem:
- The inequomineness of the temperature of the inner wall – if it is colder on the site, where interpanel seam is visible from the outside, it is clear that its sealing is bad;
- The finish disappears from the walls, and constant dampness is indoors;
- On the facade of the building, the insulation lagging behind the seam or his full absence.
If you have noticed at least one of the above signs, it is worth seeking services to the relevant organizations, because with your own hands to insulate the seams quite difficult, and sometimes it is impossible at all.
The insulation of interpanel seams is performed by different methods and using a variety of materials. Each of them has both advantages and disadvantages, and the choice depends on the operating conditions and on the requirements of the buyer:
- Most often Used complete seaming seam. For this, plastic solutions are used that deeply fall into the design and fill all empties. Small gravel, crumbs or sand as aggregate. Today you can purchase special insulation materials, as part of which there are foam balls. Also there are mixtures with air particles, which delays heat in the room and does not miss the cold, they differ available to the cost.
- If the seams are at a big distance from each other, it is appropriate to use soft insulation fibers. For these purposes, a mineral wool is suitable for a high compression ratio, frost resistance and ease of work with it. Wool particles are pressed into the seams, but be careful, due to the fact that the material is volatile, it can damage the skin, eyes or lungs. Safety in use is a stone wool with long and durable fibers. Installation is performed quickly and without difficulty, but it is not necessary to score too much with the material, with a dense fit of the fiber will not provide heat shield.
- For seams of small sizes It is recommended to use polyurethane sealants. The cost of this material is rather high, and it will be needed its rather. Warming with such sealants is carried out in two ways. Surface – allows you to save the material, the spray gun is placed in the seam and blend the cavity with a mixture. With drilling holes – seam expand with a special tool, foam plays with excess, so that its excess remain outside, which after solidification it is necessary to cut.
- Tubes Vilaterma – Material that is intended for insulation of seams. The material is a cylinder of foamed polyethylene, the advantage of this technology is also simultaneous protection against dampness. Tubes remain plastic even when temperature drops. Their indisputable advantage is a long service life.
Which material to choose to insulate houses, it is better to consult about this with professionals.
The insulation of the high-rise building from the outside allows you to achieve the best results. But in this case, only specialists will be able to perform work, since high-altitude work is necessary. Independently seal seams can be rented by scaffolding, they allow you to grab a big width, In addition, there is a place for the tools and materials necessary for work.
You can get to the upper floors and with the help of a tower, but on the site there is little space. Using the tower is appropriate if long-lasting work in one place is needed, for example, when the seams expanded, or it is necessary to clean the cavity from the old insulation.
Turning to professional climbers, be sure to check the certificate confirming compliance with all established norms. As a rule, climbers are not engaged separately sealing seams, they insulate the surmise space is monolithically, thanks to which the cold will not penetrate inside. Warming is performed on a carefully cleaned and smooth surface.
Be sure to check that the joint of the insulation elements is in one place with the joints of the plates. In this case, the cold bridge is formed and it will be very difficult to correct the error.
The price of the insulation of the facade of a multi-storey house depends on the route meter, as a rule, for one meter, specialists take no more than 350 rubles. You can calculate the approximate cost yourself, you just need to multiply the route meters of your living space for the price per meter.
The sealing of the apartment takes not too much time, first of all, the term depends on the amount of work, on average you can cope 1-2 days. All documents that are needed for construction work provides a company specializing in facades insulation. The client must provide only an application for the name of the chief engineer.
Heat the seams from the inside can and with their own hands, without the involvement of professionals. Such work can be carried out at any time of the year, there are plenty of tools and materials. Before proceeding with the heat insulation of the seams, it is necessary to remove the old plaster or putty. If necessary, it is also necessary to dismantle the old insulation. You can not start the thermal insulation, not deleting old materials. After all, their service life has already expired or the installation does not comply with the requirements, as a result of which the effectiveness from new heat insulation will be minimized.
After dismantling old materials, it is necessary to thoroughly align the surface. If the cavity between the stoves is through, fill it with bonding mixtures. For such purposes, the cement-sandy solution is best suited, which will close the gap and reliably close the design. The main problem of working with these defects is to enter the moisture, so it is necessary to use waterproofing mastics.
A mixture of brush is applied, a pulverizer or a special spray. After the material is frozen, waterproof elastic protection is formed, which even after a minor shrinkage or offset of the house, will remain intact. If the seams are small, then the space is filled with a sealant and after it is stuck with a tape.
Insulation during construction
Previously, during the construction of houses for the insulation of seams, a pass or rubber was used. Today, on the replacement of these materials, a key came, cement mortar and a swelling cord from hydrophilic rubber. But it is impossible to work from these mixtures to be called quality, during installation work there are still gaps, which in the future and pass cold inside.
Qualitatively fill the empties in the seams between the panels only the mounting foam, which evenly spreads and fills the entire space, without the slightest gnesks.
It is used in a complex with sealants, which can also “boast” magnificent characteristics and durability.
Sealing of bogs of loggias and windows
The device of loggias and balconies implies the presence of jacks between the stoves and the walls through which water gets inside during the rain. Due to the constant dampness, the design materials will gradually collapse, fungus and mold formed on the walls. If the loggia is still not insulated, and cold air falls into it, the furniture will deteriorate, and the level of comfort is not at all what tenants are expected. To prevent drafts, and remove the bridges of the cold, you need to take care of high-quality thermal insulation.
To the main reasons, due to which water flows onto a balcony or loggia:
- low-quality sealing;
- damaged roofing;
- bad salts or their absence.
To determine the cause, as well as plan a further action plan, you need to invite a specialist for inspection of the room. Mandatory condition for thermal insulation is the processing of wall joints and ceiling slabs. If you ignore this process, in the near future, water that will accumulate on the stove, starts to get inside.
Sometimes people complain that after mounting windows on the windowsill and slopes, water seeps. This may arise due to the fact that there is no sealant between the sump and the wall or there are no signs.
Modern materials represented by famous manufacturers allow you to quickly and, most importantly, efficiently, perform heat insulation of the joints of the panels. If it does not work out the work outside yourself, but to order specialists’ services there is no financial opportunity, do not despair, because you can insulate the joints from the inside. To avoid unpleasant consequences due to incorrectly performed work, it is recommended to immediately contact professionals.
About technology insulation interpanel seams See further.