Some of the most difficult stages of construction are insulation and soundproofing of the building. The use of insulating materials greatly simplifies this process. However, the issue of their choice of materials remains relevant – it is necessary to choose a suitable product, correctly mounted it.
Soundproofing cotton wool, better known as mineral, is a material to reduce the level of noise penetrating the room. It is impossible to confuse this material with a sound-absorbing analog that absorbs the noise indoors, not allowing it to spread beyond the room.
Based on cotton insulation – long and flexible inorganic fibers, obtained from quartz, basalt, limestone or dolomite.
The production process involves the melt of the stone base, after which fibers are drawn out of it, which are then formed in the thread.
Sound insulation sheets are formed from the threads, and for the material is characterized by chaotic location of the fibers. Between them are formed numerous air “windows”, due to which the sound insulation effect is achieved.
Wadded materials for sound insulation have the following technical properties:
- Low thermal conductivity, which allows you to apply cotton as a heater;
- Fire resistance, caused by the stone base of the material;
- strength – we are talking about high strength characteristics of non-single fiber, and a cotton sheet;
- Resistance to deformation, Including with the compression of the material, its heating or cooling;
- Hydrophobity, That is, the ability to repel water particles;
- durability – The service life of cotton sound insulation materials on average is 50 years.
Scope of application
Mineral wool today is characterized by a wide scope of application. The material is actively used to insulate the surfaces exposed to heating, walls and floors, fire protection of various structures, as well as for noise insulation of residential and non-residential, including industrial premises.
The following areas of use of cotton soundproofers are distinguished:
- isolation of the outer part of the buildings of plaster and mounted type;
- insulation of the inside of buildings – walls, ceiling, floor in the apartment, private house, as well as in domestic buildings;
- insulation of multi-layer enclosing structures;
- insulation of industrial equipment, engineering structures, pipelines;
- Isolation of roofing structures.
Depending on the composition, properties and scope of use, 3 main types of wool are isolated for sound insulation:
Based on material – basalt, distinguished by strength. This causes the best indicators of sound and thermal insulation of the finished product, the ability to withstand heating while maintaining technical properties to a temperature of +600 degrees.
For the manufacture of basalt wool used fibers 16 mm long. Their diameter does not exceed 12 microns. Unlike slag and glass, this type of mineral wool is distinguished by environmental safety, It is convenient to cut it, when used in the installation process, it does not olive.
Glass wool is a glass processing product and limestone, in which sand and soda is added. As a result, a durable and elastic material is obtained, which, however, has a smaller fire resistance. Maximum heating temperature – 500 degrees. Material is very fragile, stuck. Release form – Rolls.
Rolled glass gamble is well known even to people far from construction. In case of non-compliance with the rules of safe installation, thin and long (up to 50 mm) of the material of the material instantly across the skin. That is why the installation of glass gambles should be made only in overalls, protecting hands and eyes.
The basis of the material are domain slags that are characterized by residual acidity. In this regard, even a small amount of water falling on the insulation, under the condition that it flooring over the metal provokes the occurrence of an aggressive environment.
Characterizing increased hygroscopicity, slag wool is not used for insulation of facades and pipelines. The maximum possible heating of the material does not exceed 300 degrees.
Represents material, 80% consisting of secondary recycled cellulose. Initially, an eco-walled structure was insulated, but it was very quickly discovered that it was also suitable for noise insulation. In its heat insulating properties, it is not inferior to foam, However, polystyrene rigid plates are not suitable for insulation of pipes and other structures of complex shape.
Installation of EcoWhats requires special equipment, in addition, it is combustible, can accumulate moisture.
Depending on the density indicators, the following types of watts are distinguished:
Density indicators – up to 90 kg / m³. Serves for heat and sound insulation, mounted in places that are not susceptible to loads. An example of this type of materials is the noise insulating Minvat P-75 with a density of 75 kg / m³. It is suitable for thermal insulation and sound insulation of the attic and roof, pipelines of the heat seafood, gas pipelines.
It is characterized by a density of more than 90 kg / m³, when used can be subjected to some load (its degree is determined by the density of the wool). Tightly belongs to Wat P-125, used for insulation of walls and ceilings of structures, indoor partitions.
It is used for insulation of industrial equipment, capable of withstanding significant loads. For example, mineral wool PPH-200 finds use when insulated with engineering structures, it serves to increase fire resistance structures.
Depending on the form of release, mineral wool products are the following species.
Convenient for use on a large area for mounting in suspended ceilings, partitions. For convenience of transportation and storage, the material is produced in a compressed form, and after opening the package acquires the stated parameters. The disadvantage is the complexity of cutting in small pieces.
Tile products are characterized by good noise insulating properties (especially when the “air” noise is absorbed), convenient in the installation. It is used to isolation of rods, walls, ceilings. Density indicators usually do not exceed 30 kg / m³
Such material in the stoves is recommended for the absorption of “shock” noise. They are easy to install, easily cut. Important requirement – layer layer of vapor barrier between insulating material and overlapping.
Rolls usually rolls the material of small and medium hardness. Thanks to this form, it is convenient and easy to transport, the user has the ability to cut the layers of material of the desired length. The width of the material is standard and is usually 1 m.
Finally, there are acoustic wool having a folgized layer on one side. Noise insulation with the use of foil material is effective, but is suitable for external parts of buildings or with a thorough insulation of the material of the film.
Material with foil does not require additional waterproofing, in addition, its thermal insulation properties increase due to the ability to reflect thermal radiation.
The form of the foil isolator – rolls and plates from basalt wool or fiberglass with one of the sides of the foil. The thickness of the material is 5-10 cm.
Together with the density indicators of mineral wool, its values of thermal efficiency, fire resistance, sound insulation ability are growing.
How to choose?
- One of the most important criteria for choice is the density of watts. The more this indicator, the higher the cost of mineral wool, due to the extensive consumption of raw materials.
- When buying a mineral wool of a certain density worth considering its purpose. If you need to enhance sound insulation and insulation of the facade and other elements of the private house, preference should be given to an integration of the average density (50-70 90 kg / m³).
- The best option is the stone wool – this is an eco-friendly and fire-resistant material with which it is convenient to work. According to its technical characteristics, it exceeds glass gamble and slag analog, however, the cost has a higher.
- If you need to isolate the design of the wrong shape, it is more convenient to use more plastic glasswater from a small or medium density (the less density, the softer the material, which means that it is easier on the surface of a complex form). However, during operation, it gives shrinkage, which is important to consider when installing.
- If the thermal insulation properties of the wool are no less important than sound insulation, you need to choose coter with a chaotic location of the fibers. Such material compared to vertically oriented analogs contains more air bubbles, which means that the indicators of heat efficiency is higher.
- An important parameter – vapor permeability of the material, that is, its ability to skip moisture pairs without accumulating liquid inside the material. The value of vapor permeability is especially important when the walls of residential buildings are insulated, primarily wooden. Stone wool better than others copes with vapor barrier.
- In production, polymers and other substances are used as binding elements. It is important that there are no formaldehyde resins in their composition. In this case, the toxicity of the material is undoubted.
- As with the purchase of any building materials, when you choose the Ministry of Service to stop your choice on products of famous brands. Customer confidence deserved German products. Positive feedbacks have brands such as Isover, URSA, Rockwool.
How to use?
When laying mineral wool insulation, with their own hands, in the first place, you should take care of the protection of the upper respiratory tract and skin cover. All the materials under consideration are more or less inclined to irritate the mucous upper respiratory tract.
One of the most important rules of sound insulation is absolute tightness. All joints between materials must be treated with silicone sealant. The use of the mounting foam is not recommended because it will not allow to achieve tightness.
The most common form of sound insulation of the premises is the installation of plasterboard structures with mineral wool materials inside. First of all, the surface should be placed. This will allow not only to eliminate defects, but will also increase the noise insulation of the room.
Next, special brackets and profiles are installed on the walls, which are attached to plasterboard sheets. Between them and the wall layer layers of insulation.
An important point – the frame must be arranged in such a way that the air gasket is between the plasterboard and the wall. It is from its presence and thickness that depends the effectiveness of sound insulation.
Do not forget that the outlet and the entry of pipes in the walls are also sources of noise. They also need to be noise insulated, and the seams fill with silicone sealant.
In the next video, it is waiting for the installation of sound insulation “Technoacoustik” from TechnoNIKOL.