Brick houses build seriously and for a long time maternity hosts. Brick – eco-friendly and sufficient expensive material, so I want it to look worthy over the years. The surface of beautiful brick masonry is trying to keep open. Extremely often appears the growing spots of the wrong shape of whiten. These are so-called zip. They spoil the appearance of the facade and are a kind of catalyst for brick destruction.
How to deal with this phenomenon, we will analyze in the article.
What it is?
On brickwork already in the first years after the construction of houses you can watch white areas, as if sprinkled with chalk. So under the influence of excess moisture and a number of other reasons on the surface of the bricks are alkaline elements. They look very ugly, giving the facade a sloppy view. But It is necessary to deal with them not only to improve the exterior of the building. The fact is that appearing once, the supremes are constantly growing, occupying the increasing area. In addition, they are incorporated by brick, contributing to early destruction. therefore When detecting heighters on a brickwork, the fight against them should be started immediately, so far the consequences have not turned into irreversible processes.
Most often to the emergence of an alkaline rotation leads a violation of the main SNIP builders. Also, a detrimental effect on ceramic bricks are incorrectly calculated features of the house design, which are revealed by living in it. However, technological disorders are not the only problem of the owners of brick houses. The structure of the bricks, the nature of the terrain and climate, as well as a number of other factors, which will be described in Read more.
Causes of occurrence
Before starting the fight against annoying phenomenon, it is worth finding out its causes. It is from them that will depend on the following steps to eliminate white plaque. The reasons for the appearance of heaps are divided into independent of humans, as well as due to its activities (in particular, violation of the technology of manufacturing brick and masonry process).
The main cause of alkali plaque on facades is considered the following factors.
- The use of a low-quality solution for masonry with a high content of alkalis, chemical additives and unnecessary impurities leads to a damage of bricks. Over time, he is not only whites. In deeper layers, scales begin to form, which leads to the gradual destruction of the material under the influence of additional mechanical voltage.
- Construction work in winter or rainy weather, especially with the use of various hydrophobic and antiorrosal additives, which also adversely affects the quality of the structure.
It also happens that the invisites arise due to non-compliance with the technology of manufacturing the material itself at the factory. For example, if he instead of drying in a special oven, he was simply dried in air. Salts in one or another quantity are contained in the alumina itself, which is one of the main components in the manufacture of bricks. Its excess with low quality raw materials, besides, with a violation of the production process, the first serious moisture will lead to the removal of salt.
A grayish white raid on the outer surface of the walls is frequent and common phenomenon. It comes due to natural chemical and physical processes. Basically, evaporation of salts soluble in water with removal of them on the surface. Moisture moves on the capillary structure of the brick, leaning out the salts. Thus, in places of exit to the surface, water evaporates, and impurities in the form of the smallest crystals accumulate stains.
The damage to bricks can also lead atmospheric precipitations with a high content of various impurities and harmful substances in water. Especially often it happens in large industrial cities with a bad environment.
If there is a plant near the future house, it is necessary to take care of the preservation of bricks on the facade in good form.
The least rare cause is the wrong storage conditions for bricks in a cold rainy season without protection directly on Earth. Also, moisture can get from the soil, but it is possible only with poorly performed waterproofing of the foundation layer.
Ways to remove
If the supremes appeared on the wall, they can be removed with their own hands. To do this, you can use the ready-made solutions of acids selling in stores, or try to remove a white flaw by folk remedies. High-quality cleaning is performed in several stages. It should be observed the technology of proper disposal from the plaque, then it will not return to the walls again.
First Elimination of the largest particles are carried out using mechanical exposure. To do this, you need a rigid brush with metal bristles and ordinary water, preferably clean, without impurities. This process is quite time consuming and takes a lot of time. But with due diligence, the effect becomes noticeable immediately.
Then choose a special tool for cleaning. For alkali affect the acids contained in finished solutions. It is advisable to find out the composition and chemical nature of the spots themselves to pick up the most efficient means. Since it is not possible to do this in most cases, it is necessary to select a means to sample to sample to get rid of the ugly plaque as efficiently.
For testing, the wash is often used first on the test site, after which the result is waiting. Sometimes it is necessary to experiment to select a tool, so you should not immediately buy a big packaging if there is no confidence in its effectiveness. It follows with the means of individual protection, since most of the tools contain sufficiently strong acids and surfactants.
In some cases, it is permissible to prepare your solution at home. For this, 10 liters of water are divorced by 20 grams of hydrochloric acid, a pair of tablespoons of vinegar and 50 grams of detergent (a liquid soap or a foam for dishes is suitable). Application is usually brush with artificial bristle or roller. If the area of the treated surface is significant, you can use a sprayer or ordinary garden sprayers. Brick should be well soaked in a cleansing agent.
If the finished tool is selected, then the instructions attached to it. The time you need to clear the laying is usually available on the package. Works are made using gloves, glasses and sometimes respirator, since the composition of this kind have acids in different concentrations.
After the brick managed to clear from traces of hearse, it should be rinsed it. A small surface can be developed manually.
Large areas are washed with water from a conventional watering hose or use a mini-sink for cars.
Looking in this way Surface must dry. To do this, you may need to one and a half days. After that, in order to bring such a problem forever from the walls of the room, they are covered with a special composition, more often on the basis of acrylic components. Such a tool simply repulses water without giving her to penetrate the brick. In addition, impregnation additionally protects the masonry from dirt and dust, which simply cannot settle on it. The surface looks always clean and shiny, which looks very attractive.
Of the simple means, which are always at hand, can be recommended in an inexpensive way, To bring a white plaque with a small area. Cleans its commonscreen alcohol. The standard bottle of this fluid is bred in 10-12 liters of clean water. If desired, the concentration can be slightly increased by taking a smaller volume of water. Apply a means using a spray spray.
Sometimes, even with the right to hold all measures for cleaning, the flight appears again. The case is not in poor quality processing, but in the structure of the material itself. Any brick and solution contain alkaline connections that cannot be completely deleted. The peculiarity of building organic materials is precisely in the inclusion of such elements in their composition. Outdoor treatment is washes off the zip only for a while. When a large amount of moisture on the stone masonry, after a while, treatment will have to be carried out again.
To avoid repetition of measures taken on cleaning, surface, exposed to significant atmospheric influences or water getting, must be protected from moisture. At the same time, the requirements for vapor permeability are presented to it.
Prevent the emergence of verbs is much easier than to fight them. After all, they arise quite quickly and build up their localization. Work on their elimination can take a lot of time, forces and means. In addition, there is no guarantee that after cleaning, white spots will not appear again. Therefore, we are determined in advance with possible factors that can pate brick masonry.
- Brick is better to buy from the manufacturer’s proven and many customers. Save on the material is definitely not worth. At the same time, it is very difficult to distinguish high-quality material for the construction of the obtained with technological disorders. Searching for a good supplier will help reviews and recommendations.
- For construction you need to breed as thick as possible solution and produce construction work exclusively in dry weather. It is advisable to build only in the warm half of the year.
- In a masonry solution, it is not necessary to add special additives. The mixture itself is better to try to breed clean water and high-quality large sand.
- If you need to suspend work, unfinished parts of the building should be closed with film. Bring them under the roof preferably as soon as possible so that the atmospheric moisture and precipitate do not get inside the material and did not upgrade it.
The masonry should be performed as careful as possible, not leaving the traces of the solution on the facade. If the contamination of the brick still happened, it should be cleaned as soon as possible. After that, the surface of the masonry is applied, well impregnating brick, a special hydrophobic substance that can push moisture from mineral surfaces.
- It is necessary to carefully design a system of drainage, rainwriting and special canopies In order to avoid incubate amounts of water on the facade at atmospheric precipitation. Thus, the rain moisture will fall on bricks.
- The solution is better not once again not to dilute or not dilute. Often the use of old bricks soaked in water. It is better not to do this, but remove the remains of an old cement or a mixture with mechanical effects.
- Special additives contribute to the working solution, which replace lime substances and give the binding substance a large plasticity to prevent the natural process of formation of salts in the masonry and the subsequent access to the surface. This is an important prophylactic measure, since a convenient and most accurate application creates the most correct and uniform load on each brick. Earlier for this purpose used egg yolks. Modern industry offers ready-made solutions. These are microposene agents, which are based on derivatives of oil, fatty acids or silicone compounds.
Education of wheels is often a natural and inevitable process. Control its appearance is not always. But if possible, it is necessary to create conditions for complying with the correct laying technology, then many problems will be able to avoid.
About how to remove the zip, look in the following video.