There are two ways to heat a private house – centrally and individually. Today, many owners tend to the second option. To heat the house on your own, you will need special equipment and the room in which it will be. Gas and other fuel products with misuse can create dangerous situations. To avoid them, have developed certain technical rules for the arrangement of boiler rooms, they concern and the size of the room.
The room for installing the boiler is called a boiler, boiler room or fuel. It is necessary to take care of it even during the construction of the house, otherwise you will have to find a suitable area to install the boiler. Depending on the opportunities of the house, the furnace has a different location – on the square of the ground floor, equipped in the basement indoor or built directly from the building. The following factors affect the requirements for finishing and device of the premises:
- location of boiler room;
- number of boilers;
- their volume;
- Types of fuel used.
Consider the general rules for the content of all types of private boiler, and in the future we will talk about the rules for the arrangement of boiler houses for different types of fuel. When the content of combustible materials is important to provide in the room safety from possible fires, for this, strict requirements are developed.
- Walls and floor should be protected from fire, they are poured with concrete or laid tiles.
- Additionally, the floor can be seen by aluminum sheets, but this is an optional point, a sufficient concrete base.
- The door is performed from fire-resistant materials, especially if the furnace is located in the house.
- Room must have natural lighting. The calculation of the glazing of the window depends on the volume of the room – per 1 cubic meter. m 0.03 kV. M glass.
- A ventilation system is well calculated for the boiler room.
- In the room at the same time there may be no more than 2 boilers.
- It is important to provide free access to the maintenance and repair of equipment.
- You may need to supply sewage to waste waste and condensate.
- The minimum parameters of the furnace is 7.5 cubes. M.
- Permissible height – 2.5 m.
To the furnace, located not in a residential building, and in separately standing, adds a few more requirements.
- It follows it from materials that are not susceptible to burning – slag block, aerated concrete, ceramzite concrete, bricks.
- An extension is performed on an individual foundation and has its own walls that are not associated with the house, even if they are suitable for the building.
- Boiler should not be closer than 100 cm from the entrance door of the house or from windows of residential rooms.
Regulations for gas boiler
Before starting to equip a home gas boiler room, you should deal with the regulatory framework. Recommendations and requirements for its device are set forth in materials SNiP 42-01-2002 from 1.07.2003. The coating plan is developed with the project department of the management gas company, all controversial issues should be discussed with them.
The size of the boiler room depends on the place of its location and power of the boilers, in most cases both of these factors are interrelated.
Arrangement of boiler in the calculation of the boiler power
The more powerful boiler, the greater the room for it will be required. When arranged the boiler, the following regulatory indicators should be taken into account.
- Boiler with up to 30 kW Can be located indoors of minimum sizes – 7.3 cubic meters. m with ceiling height 2.1 m. It is quite suitable for kitchen, bathroom or corridor.
- Boiler from 30 to 60 kW It can also be located in the kitchen, but the minimum volume of the room must be at least 12.5 cubes. m, and in height – 2.5 m.
- Boilers from 60 to 150 kW A separate room is needed. In rooms below the level of 1st floor, to the optimal 15.1 cubic meters. m is added area of 0.2 kV. m per 1 kW power. In this case, the walls of the room are protected by a coating from vapor and gas formation. The use of liquefied gas in the basement is prohibited, for this type of fuel, it will take a room on the first floor of a building or in a separate extension with a ceiling height of more than 2.5 m.
- Boilers from 155 to 355 kW Can be located in a separate built building or at the level below 1st floor. But wherever the furnace with the equipment of such power is neither, it should have its own way out into the yard.
In addition to the above standards, other rules are taken into account when equipped with home boiler.
- The optimal method of removing combustion products is thought out. If the boiler has a power of more than 30 kW, the room will have to provide chimney overlooking the roof level. For low-power equipment there will be enough ventilating hole in the wall.
- The window in the room is shutdown in such a way that it can be free to open, it will help get rid of gas accumulation when leaking it.
- The boiler room is provided by the supply of water supply and sewer system. They will be required to power the equipment and output of the spent heat.
- In a boiler with a boiler, more than 65 kW sets a gas level control system.
With the help of sensors, the system monitors the level of gas in the room and timely overlaps its submission.
Dimensions for premises with other boilers
In addition to gas equipment, there are other instruments operating on electricity, solid or liquid fuel. For boilerrs serving different types of equipment, developed its standard rules.
On liquid fuel
Boilers like this category use fuel oil, oil, diesel fuel. They make strong noise and specific smell. Because of these factors, the liquid fuel boiler room is better to place in a separate structure, you can in the garage. For convenience, it is necessary to take care of sound insulation, and metal doors to supplement the seal, it will to some extent will help keep the noise and smell.
Calculates the calculation of the parameters of the room, 4.5 square meters are taken into account. m to install the boiler and the fuel storage space. In the extreme case, the fuel tank can be defined outdoors. In the boiler room, you need good ventilation, bottom of the wall provides for a window with an airbreaking. Liquid fuel boiler rooms are equipped extremely rare due to the harsh fire safety requirements.
On solid fuel
Fuel fuels include firewood, all sorts of Eurodova, pellets, fuel briquettes, coal and peat. All this range is not explosive and is cheaper than gas, but inferior to him in comfort. In addition, such boilers have low efficiency, only 75%. GOST requirements for solid fuel boiler room less rigid than for gas equipment. The room should have 8 kV sizes. m and be in a separate structure. But sometimes it is placed indoors below the residential level.
Wiring in the room should be hidden, better if it passes inside fireproof pipes, and have a reduced voltage (42 V) for power outlets. Maximum tightness is used for switch equipment.
Such precaution will save from the ignition of coal dust present in the air.
For solid fuel boilers, there is important forces and exhaust ventilation, the receipt of fresh air allows fuel to be better flared. The cross section of the hood for the basement is calculated according to the scheme – 1 kilowatt power of the boiler for 8 kV. cm. For basement room, the size of the section increases to 24 kV. cm at kW power. At the bottom of the wall, the supply window is installed.
Chimney must be direct, as a last resort, have a minimum of knees. Well, if the pipe cross section coincides with the inlet diameter, but does not narrow the adapter. The output of the pipe is proceeds due to the node from the flame retardant material installed at the outlet of the chimney through the roof or the wall. Firemen with solid fuel must be equipped with fire shield and fire extinguisher.
Boilers working on electricity are most safe and comfortable. But before you decide on their installation, we should weigh everything “for” and “against”, each of the arguments is sufficiently weighing and can affect the choice of owner. Let’s start with positive moments.
- The heating boiler of this type is dangerous no more than any household electrical appliance located in the house.
- For him, no special room is needed, for installation it is quite suitable for the kitchen, bathroom, entrance hall.
- No need to equip a special ventilation system.
- The boiler does not have dangerous combustion products.
- Does not make noise and smell.
- His efficiency is approaching 99%.
The main disadvantage of this type of equipment is a complete dependence on external electricity supply. Installing boilers in areas with frequent electricity interruption Insolution. For buildings with an area of about 300 kV. m will need a 30 kW boiler. The heating system must be equipped with a stabilizer, safety machines. Wiring in the house should be new and reinforced.
There is another significant minus of the heating of the house with the help of electricity – this is the cost of such heating, it is the highest among all known methods. No matter how the type of heating system is selected, it is necessary to comply with the recommendations for its installation and operation.
In addition to designated size standards, the boiler room should be increased to the level of own convenience, allowing you to freely maintain and repair equipment.