Now most buyers prefer ecological building materials, that is, those made from natural products. It also applies to insulation. In addition to the usual synthetic options, the market can also find high-quality natural insulation, among which linen is especially highlighted.
Insulation, made of flax, is considered the best material for thermal insulation. It is not only environmentally friendly and harmless, but also very light. In addition to this, it is easy to fix it.
It consists of a hemp hemp, wood and linen fiber. Very thin fibers of this material are connected with polyester. And it may be a natural substance, for example, starch.
Linen materials of thermal insulation have been produced worldwide for more than ten years. In the domestic market, this material appeared relatively recently, but also managed to gain popularity. Eco-friendly material can be used to insulate the roof of ceilings, walls and even for frame houses. And it can be used to sound accelerate partitions.
Natural insulation is suitable for any designs. Its high price will be compensated by saving on heating.
Pros and cons
Like any material, flax-based insulation has both advantages and disadvantages.
Linen insulation is very popular in the field of construction.
His reason lies in the fact that Len has the following advantages:
- Since the insulation includes natural natural ingredients, it is safe for the health of any person. The insulation does not include any chemical additives, which is why it does not cause allergies. Linen insulation can easily compile a competition of mineral wool;
- This insulation fireproof, since fibers from flax are not ignited;
- He has a long service life. The cause of durability lies in the components from the primary raw materials, because in synthetic heat insulators, secondary materials are used, as well as organic additives. They lead to a rapid settlement of the material and the loss of its initial shape;
- It is also very resistant to the appearance of bacteria and mold, because from nature has antiseptic properties. The fact is that in production, such technologies are used that all microorganisms kill in the primary raw materials;
- Linen insulation has very good thermal insulation qualities, as it has a low thermal conductivity. It is not afraid of temperature drops, not inclined to deformation;
- It also has excellent sound insulation qualities, which is an additional advantage;
- Linen insulation has good vapor permeability, which does not allow to condense moisture and appear mold;
- It has a little weight, which is good for the construction of buildings, because the load is almost minimal;
- Such material is easy to work, it can be installed even without making additional fixtures. As fibers of flax are well-known for health, installation work can be made without workwear.
There are practically no shortcomings of such a heater. The only minus and at the same time the reason why many do not use this method of insulation is a high price. As well as insulation slabs need to be treated with flame retardant and moisture-resistant compositions, which further increases the final cost of repair work.
There are several types of linen insulation, which can be distinguished depending on what kind of raw materials they are made and what kind of structure they have.
- Felt ribbon. Material consists of fiber field flax. After collecting fibers to handle in such a way that they are obtained different lengths. Then, they are sorted by a cardhern machine. Fibers used for ribbon felt must be long, everyone else goes to make construction pass / tile material. Linen insulation is considered the most environmentally friendly and harmless material. It is very easy in work and its installation does not require special knowledge and skills, as well as all installation work can be carried out at any time of the year. Insulation from flax does not mold and does not attract birds.
- Linnatin. This vehicle is manufactured on a chest machine using needle technology. Layer of Katonin is stitched using a capron or cotton thread. However, flanutin has a smaller density than felt, so it is better to lay in two layers.
- Insulation of flax in stoves. This material is a sheets having increased density. They are squeezing the walls of houses, various partitions, even the roofs. But most often it is used for the insulation of frame houses, because heat-insulating materials make it possible to breathe walls.
- Pacle of flax. This natural material is an example of a variety of insulation from flax. With it, the building processes are very accelerated, since the installation work occurs easily and simply. Pacle is one of the interventic insulation. However, it can also be used for thermal insulation of door openings and windows or as an additional means for embedding the joints between the insulation sheets, which is the main.
But such a insulation is very likely to love birds, which are arranged in soft fibers of flax nests, so it should be built at home very quickly. This insulation has a small price and a variety of sizes.
- Len-jute. Such an organic insulation is a combination of two types of raw materials – it’s jute and flax. These components go in equal proportions, but some manufacturers make insulation with a predominance of a particular component. In flax jute combines all the qualities of materials from which they are manufactured, as well as it is characterized by durability and elasticity.
From all the proposed options, you can choose any. The main thing is to know where and under what conditions it is used.
How to choose?
By making the choice of insulation for the house, it is necessary to take into account all his advantages and disadvantages, because the future will depend on this comfortable accommodation.
First you need to pay attention to some parameters that play an important role when choosing insulation, such as:
- An important role is played by raw materials, which is part of the insulation. First of all, you need to pay attention to the material that is made of short fibers and flax. It is obtained from the combed long threads;
- It is necessary to pay attention to the fact that the material does not have any other impurities, because they will only worsen his appearance, and also reduce its operational period. Impurities do not give insulation of such a density that is needed for the walls;
- Buying insulation from flax, you need to pay attention to how the ratio of its density and thickness. However, it is important to take into account the appointment of the insulation. If the work is carried out inside the house made from the profiled bar, then its thickness must be up to three millimeters, but the density up to 300 g / m². For internal work in the house of rounded logs, the material thickness should be five millimeters, and the density is 500 g / m². If a log cabin is used, then the insulation is suitable for a width of ten millimeters and a density of up to 800 g / m²;
- The density of the material must be uniform, since the seams should be embossed at all equally;
- making the choice between rolled flax and packles, you need to pay attention to where the material will be applied. For example, flank goes in rolls of different widths, so it is very convenient to use it for insulation from inside walls, floors, ceilings, partitions, even roofing structures. But the price of it is very high. Pacle Flax is much cheaper, produced with a ribbon having a width of fifteen centimeters. And it has a loose and flexible structure, which allows it to compress and stretch it, if necessary. Pacle is suitable for sealing slots in windows and doorways;
- Choosing EcoWhat, you need to know that this is the safest cellulose insulation. It has an eighty-one percent of recycled wood, the remaining nineteen percent is the antiseptics.
Before starting the installation work, insulation of flax, you need, first of all, make all the necessary measurements.
If the installation is made on the floor or in the roofing part of the structure, it is necessary to take into account that the thermal insulation will be qualitative only if the width of the insulation itself will be greater than the distance between the lags or beams by twenty millimeters. In the event that the width of the plate corresponds to this indicator, the installation can be carried out without even using fasteners.
When all the measurements work will be finished, then this eco-friendly insulation can be cut into the necessary fragments. This process is easily easily, since flax does not break and does not crumble when it is cut, and also keeps the right form.
When working with linen thermal insulation, there is no need to wear workwear. Cut the insulation is best with a belt saw or electrical hacksaw.
The thin sheets of the insulation can be cut even by conventional scissors. They can not even remove from the package, in order to be more convenient, it is better to simply put on the stand. As a result, the edge will turn out beautiful and neat.
Insulation must be fixed on the surface. You can do it even without special fastening. To do this, heat insulation must be placed between rafters or lags. but If the surface with a slope, then the material must be closed by an additional crate. It will make moisture to milder. Some fragments of the insulation are better to mount right. At the same time, additional joints do not require.
The last stage of installation of insulation is parosolation. If the room is dry, then this stage disappears by itself. When the building is exposed to very high humidity, then The insulation layer must be protected by a vapor-permeable membrane.
Steamproofing sheets need to be installed to ten centimeters, while the joints need to be punctured very dense scotch. For work in the bath you need to apply a steamer from foil.
Among manufacturers of insulation larger Popularity has won such natural material as “thermolene”. It has high quality thermal insulation and one hundred percent consists of flax.
It has the properties that give him the opportunity to stand out among its competitors. First of all, this is environmental friendliness, because in the insulation “Termolen” there are no harmful substances, no glue, as well as dust. He is hypoallergenic, which means, It is ideal for styling even in those houses where children live.
Material has a long life. The structure of the insulation is unique, since it consists of tubular fibers of thermoisol. They can easily give excess moisture, while not losing their thermal insulation properties.
It has a very large heat protection coefficient, and also perfectly regulates heat. In the cold season, it gives additional heat, and in the summer it creates comfortable coolness in the room.
When buying such a modern insulation, it is necessary to require a quality certificate that can confirm all its characteristics.
To date, the selection of thermal insulators is very large. However, you should not hurry. It is better to choose natural heaters from flax, which have many advantages. And although the price is quite high, it is still worth buying precisely high-quality linen material for insulation of the room to take care of their health.
About what other types of lobler can be used, look in the following video.