During the construction of modern buildings, preference is increasingly given to flat roofing structures. It is no coincidence, because such a roof can be used in various ways. In addition, the construction of a flat roof is financially more profitable than the traditional scope roof.
As at any stage of construction, the roof improvement has a number of its features. To avoid overheating or supercooling of the room, builders recommend using insulation from mineral wool slabs or rolls. Such material is easily mounted, and also perfectly suitable for insulation of flat roofs as used frequently and rarely. Fortunately, in the modern market, a rich selection of insulation, which are easy to use.
The world leader in the production of heat-sound insulation solutions from stone wool for all types of buildings and structures is the Danish company Rockwool. Insulation solutions of this company save consumers from cold, heat, reduce the risk of fire, protect against external noise.
Insulation for the roof of the Rockwool “Ruf Batts” – these are hard heat insulating plates made of stone wool based on basalt group rocks. “Ruf Batts” is not accidental is one of the best insulation, because It has a lot of advantages:
- dense, the durable composition increases the endurance of a material that does not lose form and structure, even exposed to frequent and dense loads;
- Low thermal conductivity will provide coolness in summer and heat in the cold season;
- Resistance to high temperatures (up to 1000 degrees Celsius) does not give a chance to heat the chance of fire, the impact of ultraviolet rays will also not leave the trace on it;
- Rockwool mineral wool plates are practically not absorbed by moisture (moisture-absorption coefficient is only one and a half percent, this amount is easily destroyed in a few hours);
- The structure that combines two layers (internal soft and external hard) allows you to preserve the unique heat insulation and does not overload the design;
- High elasticity provides ease of use, the installation becomes easier, the probability of faults is reduced to zero;
- Using the “Ruth Batts”, you are guaranteed not to come across the sauna effect in the room due to the high vapor permeability of the material;
- producing its products, Rockwool uses only natural mineral rocks with the addition of a minimum number of binders, the number of which is safe for human health;
- All of the above advantages provide long service life of the insulation.
By cons include only the cost of products. The price of the insulation is higher than the average market. But it is better not to save at the initial stage of construction to avoid further problems. It is safe to say that in his niche Rockwool “Ruf Batts” is one of the few universal insulation, and the presence of several types of “Ruf Batts” only contributes to its even greater distribution.
Types and main characteristics
To date, Rockwool produces a large number of types of insulation for the roofing “Ruf Batts”. Consider their specifications.
Rockwool “Ruf Batts N”
This species is designed for the lower layer of the insulation, it is medium density, it does not withstand heavy loads, but it is distinguished by a low price. Used in combination with the top layer of the ROCKWOOL sample “RuF Batts B”.
- density – 115 kg / m3;
- The content of organic substances is not more than 2.5%;
- thermal conductivity – 0.038 W / (M · K);
- Parry permeability – not less than 0.3 mg / (m. C. PA);
- water absorption in volume – not more than 1.5%;
- Heat plate size – 1000×600 mm, thickness varies from 50 to 200 mm.
Rockwool Sample “Ruf Batts in”
This species is designed to protect the lower layer of the insulation. It is distinguished by increased rigidity, high strength and small thickness – only 50 mm. The characteristics of this type coincide with the lower layer, with the exception of the density – 190 kg / m3, and the size of the plate -1000×600 mm, thickness – from 40 to 50 mm. The tensile strength of the layer is not less than 7.5 kPa.
Rockwool Models “Ruf Batts C”
If you plan to use the insulation together with a sandy screed, consider this special option. It will provide a reliable coating clutch. The density “RUF BATTS C” is 135kg / m3, and the tensile strength of the layer is the same as in the previous version (at least 7.5 kPa). Heat plate size – 1000×600 mm, thickness – 50-170 mm.
Rockwool “Ruf Batts N and D Extra”
Unusual version of the insulation consisting of two types of plates: thin (density – 130 kg / m³) from below and more durable (density – 235 kg / m³) from above. Such plates, while maintaining their properties of thermal insulation, have a smaller weight, provide easy installation. Heat plate size – 1000×600 mm, thickness – 60-200 mm.
Rockwool “Ruf Batts Optima”
This option differs from its above-described “brother” only less density – only 100 kg / m³, which makes it more suitable for rooms that are rarely operated. Heat plate size – 1000x600x100 mm.
Rockwool “Ruf Batts N Lamella”
Lamaders – strips chopped from stone wool slabs are used for thermal insulation of roofs with various bases, the form of which can be both flat and curvilinear. The size of such strips is 1200x200x50-200 mm, and the density is 115 kg / m³.
How to choose?
To correctly choose the insulation, it is enough to carefully examine the features of the materials presented in the market. But what kind of material you would choose, it will ensure maximum strength, low thermal conductivity and serves a long time.
You can apply Rockwool in different ways: as the base or front surface of the roof. An option that is suitable for most is the simultaneous use of ROCKWOOL plates “RUF BATTS N” and “RUF BATTS B”. Such a solution will ensure the maximum exploitation of the object. Rockwool Categories with a “C” mark are ideal in those options when it is planned to provide access to the surface. Special additives make this insulation excellent base for a screed prepared based on cement mortar.
From the title “Ruf Batts” (“Roof” with English. – The roof) it becomes clear that this insulation was created for a specific purpose – isolate roof. A specific task in the manufacture of material allowed the creators to maximize all customer requests. According to consumers, working with Rockwool’s insulation is simple and nice. Consider the main stages of working with insulation:
- Preparation of the foundation;
- Using the solution, I mount the first level of the plates;
- Next, we mount the second level of the plates (in order to avoid air penetration between the layers of the plates, they are stacked by the brass);
- Additionally, fasten the insulation with plateal dowels;
- If necessary, additionally mounted a layer of waterproofing;
- Flooring Ruberoid or any other coating, Ruberoid can be replaced with a screed.
Buildings with flat roofs, blocked rubberoid and facade dowels, are more and more. Of course, such a layer will protect the house from some environmental impacts. But, unfortunately, even a powerful barrier from concrete does not fully retain the house. In a timely manifestation of the building with insulation materials of the proven manufacturer, you will not only provide the safety of your construction, but also save the mass of the means and time.
Review of the insulation Rockwool “Ruf Batts” See More.