In essence, the sea sand is sedimentary deposits. This material is very in demand among physicians, builders, landscape designers and many other professionals. Today we will talk about the features and distinguishing features of the material in our article.
Composition and properties
Sea sand is homogeneous and distinguished by an increased level of purity – there are no unwanted impurities and clay. The mineral traditionally includes substances such as quartz (mostly) and spat.
Quartz has a significant impact on the chemical properties of sea sand, as it is distinguished by increased strength and resistance.
Traditional color of the marine mineral – beige. However, it is also possible to meet bright (white) varieties – most often such a mineral can be found in a tropical climate. Sea sand is formed by erosion processes inside limestone.
The size of the fractions of the material is about 0.3 cm. In addition to this indicator, such properties of the mineral as density and weight play an important role (usually measured in kg). These sand qualities are regulated by the relevant Goste.
In addition, in order to make sure that you purchase high-quality material that will fully fulfill its functional purpose, it is mandatory to estimate the type of mineral under the microscope.
The main properties of sea sand, on the basis of which its classification is carried out, are the size, composition and structure of microscopic particles that form the material. Thus, specialists allocate 3 main types:
It is important to keep in mind the fact that each of these varieties is suitable for performing various types of tasks. Respectively, When choosing and acquiring, this fact should be taken into account so that the material justifies your expectations.
Features of prey
Natural bulk machinery is mined during the dredging work (most often in Finnish bay). At the same time, it is necessary to use various specialized equipment, in particular – hydraulic shells.
After that, in obligatory marine sand is subject to thorough and multistage cleaning. During this process, various large particles are eliminated, as well as unnecessary organic components. In addition, mandatory mineral is washed with fresh water.
It should be remembered that all material production and purification processes must comply with generally accepted standards and regulations.
Scope of application
Sea sand is a natural material that is widely used in various fields of human life. Consider the most popular of them.
- Building. The construction sphere primarily needs high-quality sea sand. Natural bulk material is used in the process of manufacturing concrete, for the production of various finishing mixtures, for drainage, as a filter for water and T. D.
- Landscape design. Of all the existing types of sand for landscape work, it is best for. It is used to decorate and design areas around various houses and structures, as well as for the design of social territories. This is due to the fact that the sea sand looks good and shines in the sun.
- The medicine. One of the most important characteristics of the seabed is its purity, respectively, the material is actively used in medicine. So, with it, you can treat the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system. In addition, natural mineral is used in the process of fighting rheumatism.
- Aquarium. Often sea sand acts as a bottom layer in home aquariums. This is due to the fact that the material has sufficient density so that it can be postponed by caviar.
- Garden. Very often sea sand is used for the manufacture of fertilizers for the garden and the garden.
Thus, it can be concluded that the scope of the application of natural bulk mineral is rather wide.
Wide profile professionals in the course of performing their operating functions will not settle without sea sand.
One of the ways of extraction of sea sand in the video below.