There are quite a lot of types of fleas that can start in the basement of a private or apartment building. The common name of such small insects – basement fleas, because they most often come true in raw cellars, basements and the lower floors of multi-storey houses. In time, the effective methods of struggle and prevention described in this article will help you to solve the problem of insects described in this article.
Where do they come from?
Fluffs are always in the basement for the same reason – stray animals, such as mice, rats and cats. Warm raw room is a convenient environment for the vital activity of parasites, so they begin to arrange colonies in a lot of garbage and actively multiply.
Fleas feed on the blood of mammals and homeless people who regularly visiting the basement for the night.
Gradually pests are becoming more and more, they climb into apartments, inhabiting the most contaminated areas in the rooms – behind the chests, under beds and carpets, as well as holiday destinations. Pets. If bloodsowing pests climbed into a residential building, it is useless to carry out disinsection – they will return again. To completely exterminate fleas, it is also necessary to carefully treat a basement or cellar – place of insect colony.
Different bloodshots are breed in the raw room – human, doggy, cats and rat fleas. All these species look almost the same – without special preparation, it is impossible to distinguish them. Nevertheless, it is not a problem for a person, because the way to delete them is the same.
The most at home is subject to invasion of bloodsuckers in a period of arid weather when the soil dries out, and the moisture content in the air drops sharply. Small bugs in such weather penetrate at home and apartments in search of the best conditions for survival and reproduction. Cool housing with a sufficient level of moisture – a great place to create a colony, especially since there is a permanent source of nutritional blood in the form of people and warm-blooded animals.
Most often, the first three floors of high-rise buildings and private houses suffer from the invasion of pests. The most thorough cleaning of hardworking owners will not be able to protect against insects, because blood circulation can multiply not only in the rubble, but also in animal wool, and in secluded corners.
Once, enjoyed in a residential building on the woolen cover of pets, mice or rats, fleas are thoroughly settled in it, gradually infecting neighboring apartments through ventilation or small cracks in the walls.
We use chemicals
Settling in the apartment, fleas are unpleasant biting and can transfer to a person different dangerous diseases. People often face difficulties, because it is rather difficult to get rid of the problem – disinsection needs to be carried out in all housing of high-rise buildings. For a private and multi-storey building, a way to destroy fleas is the same, it consists of several stages: Careful cleaning of the apartment and cleaning furniture, prevention of pet infection, spraying rooms insecticides.
When you cleared the house and secured the pets from infection, you can proceed to the disinsection of the house by chemicals. The most effective remedy for bloodsowing beetles is a toxic substance in the form of an insecticidal spray or concentrated dryer.
We need to river fleas very carefully, because not only they are afraid of chemicals – pets and children at the time of disinsection is better removed from the room.
Consider a Read more Method for the destruction of small pests using chemicals.
- Before starting disinsection, remove from the room or hide food. All household appliances, furniture and kitchenware Cover the polyethylene film. And also in the house should not be pets, children and adults who do not participate in disinsection.
- Take care of your safety, After all, the refive can harm, hitting the respiratory tract or on the mucous surface of the eyes. Put on gloves, glasses, mask and clothes, which change immediately after the disinsection of the apartment.
- After cooking reliably, lock all the doors and windows.
- Insecticidal sprays Spray the poison, covering space at a distance of 50 cm from the floor. Be sure to conduct a procedure in all rooms so that insects have no opportunity to hide anywhere.
- At the end of processing, carefully remove the means of protection, Change clothes and wash your hands, after which a couple of hours leave the room. Disinsection should pass in a closed room at least 2 hours, then the apartment needs to be ventilated. Time of ventilation usually lasts from half an hour and up to several hours – it depends on the chosen preparation and season.
- Having completed the disinsection of a chemical agent, be sure to remove indoors – wipe with a damp cloth all frequently used surfaces, floors and windows.
Fleas multiply incredibly rapid pace – they may have time to postpone the eggs before insecticide are killed. Spray and Dust can not destroy eggs, so after a week disinsection you need to repeat to get rid of hatched larvae. For the prevention of further infection of fleas, use special chalks with poison.
Pillow for fleas created at home, works as efficiently as the best insecticidal tool from the store. Moreover, the destruction of pests by folk methods requires much less cash. Consider several effective ways to quickly destroy bloodsowing beetles.
Trap for flea. The most simple and completely harmless method of cleaning the house from bloodsuckers. Make a west for annoying beetles is quite simple: you will need only a shallow plate, detergent, water and a table lamp. Pour some water in the saucer and add a couple of drops of detergent for dishes. Soap Solution On the table, next to install the lamp, turn it on and direct the light on the plate. Leave the trap for the whole night – fleas will attract light and heat emitted by a light bulb, and they will sink in a water saucer.
In the morning, the Western will cease to work, so I will drain the solution and install in the evening. This method must be repeated every night until all the fleas perish.
Fragrant dried herbs. Fleas very much do not like sharp smells – fragrant plants act on them as repellents. To scare the parasites from your home, you need to decompose the dried strongly smelling herbs on the threshold, near the windows and the corners of the rooms. To drive into pests, such dried herbs are suitable, like wormwood, mint, eucalyptus, pyrhem or sage.
Essential oil. Extract from fragrant herbs with proper use – this is also a great preparation against fleas. Wormwood essential oil has a very sharp smell, so it can easily clean your house from pests. The method of application of such a means is quite simple: in 1 liter of clean water, add 1 tablespoon of oil and stirred thoroughly, then fill the solution into the sprayer and spray all the rooms. Essential oil is a very common allergen, so observe precautions using it. 2 hours after processing, swipe wet cleaning at home and swipe all windows and doors.
- Warming up in the Sun. This method has been used for a long time to eradicate parasites settled in bed. To drive a flea hidden in a pillow, a mattress or a blanket, it is enough to bring all bedding in the sun and leave to break for all day.
Bloodsuckers do not tolerate dry air and the sun, so they quickly leave the old place of residence.
Processing of the basement of an apartment building
To get rid of fleas once and forever, it is not enough to rap them enough – they will quickly return to the previous place from the basement or cellar. Fighting insects will be productive only if you pay special attention to the basement. Consider more Events that need to be held in the raw room to get rid of pests.
- Remove from the basement all the depressed trash – old boxes with unnecessary things, old clothes in packages, household garbage. It is necessary to make cleaning very carefully, because insects can live in the most unexpected places.
- Continue to fight fleas, destroying their habitats: sweep the floor, wash the walls with a damp cloth.
- Carefully inspect the pipes for leaks, in the event of a breakdown, you need to contact the appropriate household controls. Water in the basement adds moisture content and without the raw room, so there should be no problems with communications.
- So that the fleas were uncomfortable to live in the basement, the air should be dry there, so the room should be used and dried.
- Another effective method of getting rid of fleas – to starve them with hunger, not an inlet in the room. Food source. The cellar should not fall rodents, homeless animals and outsiders, so all windows need to be glazed and installed on the entrance warmed doors to avoid dampness.
- After performing all the preparatory measures, the basement is treated with aerosol insecticide.
Inspecting the room after cleaning, be sure to pay attention to the presence in the basement of harmful rodents, such as rats and mice. If you discovered traces of their stay (holes in the walls or in the floor, dirty domestic waste or mouse products of life), be sure to consult professional bodies engaged in the extermination of small pests. If you leave the problem of rodents without attention, the fleas will soon return to the cellar and will begin the invasion of apartments.
The most effective drugs from fleas are aerosol insecticides – They easily spread to the poison of secluded corners and quickly destroy pests. In order to completely clean the basement from insects, you need to spray it with chemicals for 2 months. The gap between processings should be at least 2 weeks – during this time the new generation of parasites will have to hatch from the eggs pending earlier.
In the event that intensive processing does not help, you need to call a professional brigade of disinsectors.
Another effective way to destroy fleas – with a smoke checker. The tool heats the air in the room, drying it, and highlights poisonous connections that penetrate into all secluded corners. The evaporation of smoke checkers is easily eliminated not only from fleas, but also from other microbes, parasites, and even from mold. The method is very effective, but may be dangerous for people, therefore applied with extreme caution.
We offer more details to consider instructions for safe use of this fund.
- Before using checkers, you need to take out all the foods from home and bring to the street all the inhabitants.
- Need to protect metal objects from corrosion. To do this, they also need to be taken out of the room or lubricate with solidol.
- The house you need to close as much as possible – drive the doors, close the windows and plug all visible slots.
- Seam checker in the basement on a special stand that comes with. In the case when the stand is not provided, as a rack can be used refractory bricks, slag blocks or metal sheets.
- Before you catch fire, put the protection – rubber gloves, glasses, as well as a mask or respirator.
- Burn special wick and quickly exit the basement so as not to inhale poisonous evaporation. The device will highlight smoke approximately for 30-60 minutes, sometimes up to 120 minutes. While the smoke checker burns, the basement is strictly forbidden to enter, it is also not recommended to visit it in the next day after disinsection.
- After 24 hours it is necessary to open windows and doors to the basement to thoroughly check the room. Leave the cellar open at least two days – this time should be enough for the smell of sulfur completely disappeared.
- At the end of the disinsection, spend wet cleaning in the basement and dry the room again.
You can use a smoke checker in the basement or cellar – the use of a sulfur in the apartment of a high-rise building is strictly prohibited, because there is a chance to poison your neighbors to poisonous connections. Poisonous pairs can easily penetrate the neighboring dwellings through ventilation or small gaps. Man enough to breathe quite a bit smoke to get serious poisoning. Use a smoke checker in the apartment is prohibited by law – the article is even prescribed in the Criminal Code, and a certain sentence is provided for violators.
Fighting with basement fleas – not the simplest lesson, requiring the participation of many people, especially when it comes to a multi-storey building. It is much easier to prevent the appearance of pests, adhering to simple prevention measures. Consider more Methods for preventing the appearance of fleas in the basement.
- Usually people are very rarely visited by the cellar, Therefore, all things that are stored there are quickly turning into unnecessary trash. Such deposits of unnecessary clothing and household waste are a favorable place to breed the fleas, so it is better to immediately dispose of all trash.
- In the summer, regularly ventilate and dry the basement, so that the air is not too wet.
- Once in 1-2 weeks make houses wet cleaning and take out all unnecessary things in the garbage container so as not to create favorable conditions for fleas. Sometimes add to the water wash water essential oil of the tea tree or eucalyptus – 1 tablespoon of concentrate on 4 liters of water. And also for the prevention, you can wash the floors with water with the addition of flea shampoo.
- Popular measure to prevent the appearance of bloodsucker beetles – the use of sharp smelling dried herbs. Spread in secluded places beams dried wormwood, mint, geraniums, cloves or pizzy.
- Carefully follow the health of your pets – as often as possible, check the wool for the presence of pests in it. Pets can be protected from infection, put on them a special collar that protects against bloodsuckers. Periodically handle the wool with special drops against fleas – in this way you will prevent ingress of bloodsowing beetles on the skin of animals.
About how to bring fleas and prevent their distribution, see the following video.